ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Football to Vegas? Future sight of Big 12 Hoop Tournament? Phoenix or Glendale? (or in Tempe's new NHL Arena when that opens). Vegas? Denver?

Knight_Light

GOL's Inner Circle
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Yormark recently agreed to a deal to keep the Big 12 Hoop Tournament in Kansas City thru 2027.

With nearby KU...its been the perfect backdrop for record attendance and high $$$ ticket prices...plus the new Entertainment District in KC is now a vocal point for Big 12 "parties" under Yormark.

Now will Yormark use potential new destinations as a potential move?

UA might argue that they are the biggest brand behind KU so they deserve a "home" tournament in nearby PHX.

Don't think this tournament will ever end up in Salt Lake City but would fans really travel to Denver and sell 150,000 plus tix to all the games? (CU doesn't have good Hoop attendance so I'm not sure they will have enough local interest to buy even half of all tickets).

Would a neutral site in Vegas be able to draw that many fans and how many of the locals would buy tickets?

I could see Yormark using all of these scenarios just to get KC to pay DOUBLE what they have been just to keep this VERY profitable event for their city.

PS. No...BIg 12 Tourn will never land in Orlando or Cinci and I'm not sure about Houston or Dallas/FTW.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News