ADVERTISEMENT

Back to mediocrity you go

All comes down to the simple fact we make noise and others are scared about rocking the boat. We put a hole in your yacht and you all complaining cause the lime light is on us for a change. Must be a lot of trolls coming on here driving Porsches.

Reactions: UCFBS
Scared??? The first time you play with the big boys in two years....you finally are on the big stage and have the opportunity to step up and prove all this hype, parades, rings,and what happens? You lay an egg...go back to playing that high school schedule...and beating your chest about being undefeated. The reason people showed up after this loss was that for two years you continue to get mad when you didn’t get respect,got mad when you didn’t get into the group of four. You showed why you don’t deserve that respect.

Reactions: TrollyTrollTroll
Scared??? The first time you play with the big boys in two years....you finally are on the big stage and have the opportunity to step up and prove all this hype, parades, rings,and what happens? You lay an egg...go back to playing that high school schedule...and beating your chest about being undefeated. The reason people showed up after this loss was that for two years you continue to get mad when you didn’t get respect,got mad when you didn’t get into the group of four. You showed why you don’t deserve that respect.
First time [laughing]
We beat a higher ranked SEC team last year when we actually had our qb. And without him we were one score away. We showed why we do deserve respect. Look up the definition of laying an egg, 40-32 is not it.

Reactions: Mikesi and UCFSig
First time [laughing]
We beat a higher ranked SEC team last year when we actually had our qb. And without him we were one score away. We showed why we do deserve respect. Look up the definition of laying an egg, 40-32 is not it.

with all of your arrogance and shit talking, you don't deserve respect. and you'll never "get it"

Reactions: TrollyTrollTroll
First time [laughing]

And everyone forgets that we beat Auburn without our starting LT Aaron Evans and RB Jawon Howard.

And everyone forgets that we beat Auburn without our starting LT Aaron Evans and RB Jawon Howard.

nobody forgets that! hell I remind auburn fans as much as I can that they lost to the fake national champs. now, as far as the two chicks you mentioned, I've never heard of them

No one has any interest in watching peewee football. It wasn't until the incessant whining in Orlando that any one took notice of the Knights.

You guys have been begging for attention.

We all watched UCF try to man up and play an actual team. It was ugly.

If you have no interest in watching “peewee” football - why are you on UCF’s board responding every 4-6 minutes? Do you not have anything better to do with your time?

You’ve made your opinion known - move on.

Laying an egg is what Notre Dame did against Clemson. Now I am hearing from my SEC friends that we could not beat an average SEC team in LSU. They are going to be a top 10 team and now they are average according to SEC fans um ok you guys are on crack. Just like we could not compete in the SEC um yes we could if we were actually in the SEC conference getting SEC money and SEC recruits. Bet your sweet ass UF would pull out all the stops to block us from joining

Laying an egg is what Notre Dame did against Clemson. Now I am hearing from my SEC friends that we could not beat an average SEC team in LSU. They are going to be a top 10 team and now they are average according to SEC fans um ok you guys are on crack. Just like we could not compete in the SEC um yes we could if we were actually in the SEC conference getting SEC money and SEC recruits. Bet your sweet ass UF would pull out all the stops to block us from joining

But the argument from most of our fans is that we could compete with the players we have now, which is simply not true. Of course we could compete if we had the money and resources. But so could the Citadel or any other team if they were to join the SEC and get the same benefits. I think that's where a lot of backlash from the SEC homers comes from...just my 2 cents

Reactions: bluechip12
The NFL has a hard cap so there is parity as far as resources go. Everyone has the same opprtunity. Some teams are just run better, and/or get and develop players better.

The World Cup is the same way. Money is dolled out simply based on where you finish (although each countries federation may decide to disperse that money to the players differently).

It's really no wonder why these are the biggest and best sports/events on the planet. They both provide the same opportunities for every team.

But the argument from most of our fans is that we could compete with the players we have now, which is simply not true. Of course we could compete if we had the money and resources. But so could the Citadel or any other team if they were to join the SEC and get the same benefits. I think that's where a lot of backlash from the SEC homers comes from...just my 2 cents
Nobody I know thinks that way. We know we'd need 2-3 seasons to beef up our depth and talent, just like TCU needed it, to compete at the very top of those leagues consistently. I do think our team as currently constituted would minimally finish in the top half of most leagues. This is all on paper, though, and we'll never know until we get our invite somewhere some day.

Reactions: Mikesi
with all of your arrogance and shit talking, you don't deserve respect. and you'll never "get it"
Sure we get respect. Why else would Florida continue to duck us? Why hasnt Georgia or Bama tried to schedule us since we beat them the last time we played? Same reason you talk ish on the internet... its easy to be a keyboard warrior but deep down we know yall scared of the actual fight.

There is another factor in these trolls. When I was a grad student at FSU I noticed one of the big difference in FSU fan base in the 90s and UCF's then and now. FSU has maybe 30 % of their fans who have never gone to college , sat in a classroom or anything. They are just fans.

Most of our fans are either students or alumni. We have not cracked the redneck market yet like jorts up the road, LSU or FSU or Bama. They own the trailer parks of the south. We on the other hand have mostly alumni supporting us.

I think UCF needs to attract a more diverse fan base like UF. This way we have our own 2 tooth trolls who will go out on other team message boards and say stupid stuff.

UCF lost to LSU by 8. Even the trolls have to admit the single most important position is the QB1. Our QB1 finished 6th in the Heisman. UCF is a different team without him. We know it. We own it . Yes we lost.

Using the trailer troll metrics that we are but a high school team, I guess Georgia must be too. LSU beat them soundly. Then again our high school team came within 1-2 minutes of beat the big boy team. It came within 1 or 2 dropped passes. UCF's trajectory is positive. UCF graduating 16,000 alumni a year should start making a dent in the trailer troll fan bases of these other fine institutions of higher learning.

Reactions: knightraveler
Why did Florida lose by 21 to Missouri?
Why did they lose by 19 to Georgia
Why did they barely beat Vanderbilt.
That was a hell of a 3 week run.
1. Because Missouri was a better team than us that day.
2. Because Georgia is a better team than we are.
3. Because we always have trouble with Vandy.

No one has any interest in watching peewee football. It wasn't until the incessant whining in Orlando that any one took notice of the Knights.

You guys have been begging for attention.

We all watched UCF try to man up and play an actual team. It was ugly.
This troll is so annoying. Did you not know that we went undefeated in 2017 and beat a “real” team in Auburn?

You got beat this year 3 times and were nothing last year, so I wouldn’t exactly start pounding your chest like the Gators are domninating big boy football

Everytime you guys have played Alabama in the last few years, you have been completely outclassed

Additionally, in the last 6 years, UCF was probably better than the Gators 3 times, so we have been about equal lately. Certainly better in the last 2 overall

Thank you for agreeing. UCF fans are delusional and have no idea what real football is. UCF can dominate peewee football in the AAF or whatever the confederation of 5 win teams is called. A 3 loss SEC team can shut down UCF with third stringers.

It's reality.

No more whining and excuses.

I've seen/heard more whinh and excuses from SEC fans about this game than UCF fans.

And SEC fans don't know what a real National Championship is.

It's the kind that is earned on the field in a real playoff, not bestowed by bias pollsters or in an invitational.

Nobody I know thinks that way. We know we'd need 2-3 seasons to beef up our depth and talent, just like TCU needed it, to compete at the very top of those leagues consistently. I do think our team as currently constituted would minimally finish in the top half of most leagues. This is all on paper, though, and we'll never know until we get our invite somewhere some day.

Nobody you know? A great number of people on this very site have been talking about how overrated LSU and other SEC teams were the entire year and saying that UCF was easily the better team. Many even said UCF would absolutely kill such teams.

Both Utah (2008) and TCU (2010) were in the WAC when they declared themselves National Champions :) Therefore, in the last decade we've had 3 teams, including UCF (2017) that have declared themselves National Champs outside of P5 conferences and the NCAA has agreed. (Note: Utah and TCU are now in P5 conferences)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/College_football_national_championships_in_NCAA_Division_I_FBS

The truth of the matter is that there is no one true path to declaring a national champ in the current system and most people who come on here to hate on UCF are just ignorant of the crappy playoff system all Division I teams have to put up with (note: even P5 teams are becoming more vocal about this while Big $ stands in the way of the college game landscape changing).

Reactions: Knight Strength
Both Utah (2008) and TCU (2010) were in the MWC when they declared themselves National Champions :) Therefore, in the last decade we've had 3 teams, including UCF (2017) that have declared themselves National Champs outside of P5 conferences and the NCAA has agreed. (Note: Utah and TCU are now in P5 conferences)

Fixed.

Both Utah (2008) and TCU (2010) were in the WAC when they declared themselves National Champions :) Therefore, in the last decade we've had 3 teams, including UCF (2017) that have declared themselves National Champs outside of P5 conferences and the NCAA has agreed. (Note: Utah and TCU are now in P5 conferences)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/College_football_national_championships_in_NCAA_Division_I_FBS

The truth of the matter is that there is no one true path to declaring a national champ in the current system and most people who come on here to hate on UCF are just ignorant of the crappy playoff system all Division I teams have to put up with (note: even P5 teams are becoming more vocal about this while Big $ stands in the way of the college game landscape changing).
Agree. Just don't forget FCS is D1 and they have a real playoff in place.

Thanks. Big points are the college football landscape is changing and small mindedness wont hold it back. Secondly, like TCU and Utah, UCF is a program moving forward. Even being accepted into the Big East (unlike TCU who bailed before it played a single game) and then watching it be disbanded hasn't stopped this program from advancing.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
Thanks. Big points are the college football landscape is changing and small mindedness wont hold it back. Secondly, like TCU and Utah, UCF is a program moving forward. Even being accepted into the Big East (unlike TCU who bailed before it played a single game) and then watching it be disbanded hasn't stopped this program from advancing.
I remember how the mwc fanbase back then thought they deserved the big east spot to the point they looked down at CUSA and ucf too.

I’m surprised TCU and Utah aren’t playoff regulars and winning national championships since making the move.*

Mediocrity? You don't know us very well. We do 0-12, we do 13-0, we do 12-1, we do 4-8, we do 10-3....feast or famine, but rarely average.
Since 2009 we’ve been a lot more consistent:
8-5 (grad transfer QB)
11-3 (true freshman Godfrey)
5-7 (Godfrey and Bortles split time)
10-4 (Bortles full season)
12-1 (Bortles full season)
9-4 (Holman, except for half of first game...which caused us to lose that game)
0-12 (Holman hurt 2nd game and freshman/RS Fr has to play)
6-7 (true freshman Milton)
13-0 (Milton full season)
12-1 (Milton 3/4 season)

We’re 47-6 in seasons where we have a QB in thier second or more season.

It’s not rocket science. Even good programs have bad seasons because they don’t have good QB’s. It’s usually the main difference and the other 21 players matter but the QB position is probably weighted as 70-80% (or more) of the difference between having good and great seasons. Ask UF after Tebow left. Ask Loserville after Jackson.

Ask LSU before Burrows. I do think he is by far the best QB they’ve had in a more than a decade. All that top-notch, NFL-caliber talent and they just couldn’t develop a QB to get them over the hump. Even without much at the QB position they played for a Natty. Jordan Jefferson was a little more than serviceable...34 Tds for his entire career. Same with Mettenberger that also threw 34 Tds for his entire career. For 2014-2017 they played four different QBs (Sophomores, a RS Fr, and a Senior who rode pine until 2017, which means he wasn’t that talented) and to no shock thier record suffered. Funny how inexperienced QB play will make you not look as good. Maybe the LSU faithful just can’t remember the last time they saw a QB go off and be great, to understand how much of a difference a great QB makes a team. There’s a reason Orgeron went out and got Burrows. He should be a lot better in year 2 of the same system. His last 4 games his stats were starting to look like a QB understanding the system he is in.

Etc... Etc... for pretty much every program in college football.

Last edited:
Since 2009 we’ve been a lot more consistent:
8-5 (grad transfer QB)
11-3 (true freshman Godfrey)
5-7 (Godfrey and Bortles split time)
10-4 (Bortles full season)
12-1 (Bortles full season)
9-4 (Holman, except for half of first game...which caused us to lose that game)
0-12 (Holman hurt 2nd game and freshman/RS Fr has to play)
6-7 (true freshman Milton)
13-0 (Milton full season)
12-1 (Milton 3/4 season)

It’s not rocket science. Even good programs have bad seasons because they don’t have good QB’s. It’s usually the main difference and the other 21 players matter but the QB position is probably weighted as 70-80% (or more) of the difference between having good and great seasons. Ask UF after Tebow left. Ask Loserville after Jackson.

Ask LSU before Burrows. I do think he is by far the best QB they’ve had in a more than a decade. All that top-notch, NFL-caliber talent and they just couldn’t develop a QB to get them over the hump. Even without much at the QB position they played for a Natty. Jordan Jefferson was a little more than serviceable...34 Tds for his entire career. Same with Mettenberger that also threw 34 Tds for his entire career. For 2014-2017 they played four different QBs (Sophomores, a RS Fr, and a Senior who rode pine until 2017, which means he wasn’t that talented) and to no shock thier record suffered. Funny how inexperienced QB play will make you not look as good. There’s a reason Orgeron went out and got Burrows. He should be a lot better in year 2 of the same system.

Etc... Etc... for pretty much every program in college football.
So... what you’re basically saying that if next year if we don’t see a big improvement in Mack, we are screwed. Especially with a depleted defensive line and questionable secondary.

I hope we get a quality transfer

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT