***Background on KJ Jefferson's arrest in Arkansas***

Brandon

Publisher
Staff
May 28, 2001
Winter Park, FL
www.ucfsports.com
Via a source:

During his time in the transfer portal, I believe in early January, KJ was ticketed for speeding/reckless driving in the Fayetteville area, something like going 70 in a 45 mph zone.

Shortly thereafter, he moved to Orlando.

I'm not sure why he wasn't booked (arrested) at that time, maybe it was a traffic camera that got him, but KJ has been in communication with law enforcement and it was agreed upon that he would return to Arkansas after UCF's spring game in order to face the charges. So that's why he was booked today.

Don't have all the details on the case, but it's the formal process to starting a plea agreement which will include community service.

UCF has been aware of this and knew this would come out at some point this week.

This will not impact his status at UCF.

Update at 4:50:

Just heard a bit more.

The reckless driving incident occurred in May 2023 and was "held" (covered up) until the completion of Arkansas' football season.

He was actually going 100 mph in a 70 (interstate, I presume). More than 20 mph over the limit escalates to reckless driving.

Statement from Gus Malzahn:

“I have been fully aware of this situation that took place in May 2023 prior to his arrival at UCF. Since KJ has been here, he’s been a great leader and an exemplary member of our program.”

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News