ADVERTISEMENT

Bad News: Amazon Raising the Cost of Prime

Yeah I'm bummed, still one of the best deals out there if you take advantage of it. The free shipping is just the start, Amazon video has a ton of great options for free, amazon music has free streaming, amazon books lets you read (a limited) selection of books for free on your kindle or phone. And I'm excited about the partnership with Whole Foods.

tl;dr amazon can basically charge what they want, they have us addicted

Sucks, but probably still worth it on items & shipping alone. Then definitely worth it considering the video & music like ninja said. Easily could've milked us for another $20.

I'm cancelling Amazon prime. You already get free shipping with many websites anyway. Don't get the value of paying $120 a year.

I've got it, and will stick with it. If you look at it in terms of free rush shipping + Netflix, it's still a great deal. Some vendors offer free shipping already, true, but it's typically not 2 day. Once you have it, I feel like it's one of those things that's hard to go back on, like putting an SSD in your PC.

Someone brought up a good point that Walmart does free 2 day shipping on many items now as well. That's a good start, but for me, the selection of Amazon vs Walmart makes the difference.

I've got it, and will stick with it. If you look at it in terms of free rush shipping + Netflix, it's still a great deal. Some vendors offer free shipping already, true, but it's typically not 2 day. Once you have it, I feel like it's one of those things that's hard to go back on, like putting an SSD in your PC.

Someone brought up a good point that Walmart does free 2 day shipping on many items now as well. That's a good start, but for me, the selection of Amazon vs Walmart makes the difference.

you're drinking the Amazon kool-aid. Target even gets you an extra 5% off if you use their credit card. Prices I found on items are not even cheaper on Amazon. My prime membership ends in October and I'm done with them.

If it was shipping product alone, not worth it, but the digital content & cloud storage is solid

Even the shipping portion is still worth it IMO. Amazon has products that the other guys don’t and they’ve MASTERED the science of the App. Amazon App is amazingly easy. Too easy maybe.

I agree amazons app was bam done shipped is impressive & runs circles around the others, but I have found myself keeping them honest w Target & was very surprised to see Target’s price a few % less on items and if I can order pick up same day. Done I’ll do it. Pure price alone Sam’s has also been cheaper than amzn on formulas & diapers.

As I understand I’m just outside the Tampa Bay area’s halo for really kickass stuff

I also enjoy using smile.amazon.com to support charity

Walmart is going all out to dethrone Amazon though. They’re probably the biggest competition for tech talent out there right now. It’s only a matter of time.

Reactions: 1ofTheseKnights
Still worth it. That said ... be sure to get plugins that find better buys than Amazon, even if you're a Prime member, but can wait on shipping.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT