ADVERTISEMENT

Baltimore Fails "Nobody Kill Nobody" Weekend

The police cut way back on how often they go into these areas. It's exactly what everyone there wanted no?

Maybe it was the logo for this fun and special event. Maybe it wasn't specific enough.

08042017_BaltimoreCeaseFire.2e16d0ba.fill-735x490.jpg

From the article:
"A 24-year-old man was shot in Pigtown, near Carroll Park, around 5 p.m. Saturday and pronounced dead at Maryland Shock Trauma Center," The Baltimore Sun reported Sunday. "A 37-year-old man was killed in a shooting in the 1600 block of Gertrude Street in Northwest Baltimore about 10 p.m. A nonfatal shooting occurred earlier in the afternoon in the 4800 block of Park Heights Avenue."
Well at least one guy was up for the challenge this weekend. Those two that couldn't survive a simple shooting are the problem in Baltimore.

A 72 hour cease fire in an American city is a goal ? Sad ! What's worse is it was a failure. When we had prayer in schools, recited the pledge every morning and everyone stood for the anthem this garbage didn't happen

Even if we still had all that, without responsible parents it's even hard to even get the kids to go to school.

Reactions: UCFWayne
A 72 hour cease fire in an American city is a goal ? Sad ! What's worse is it was a failure. When we had prayer in schools, recited the pledge every morning and everyone stood for the anthem this garbage didn't happen

Many were hoping they could make it thru the weekend because cowboy video journalist were goi g to be camped out everywhere on the 7th because it was going to be the Shootout at the OK Corral.

Yesterday 3 Clearwater teens were killed when their stolen SUV overturned and burst into flames. A 4th survived and is now going back to juvenile court, probably for the 10th time in his short life.

These kids all had something in common- African American, under the age of 18, extensive criminal records including armed robbery, and families where there was 1 parent actually technically at the home, and more likely a situation where that 1 parent is always gone or doesn't give a shit.

One mother admitted she "had no idea" that her 15 year old son wasn't at home, at 4 am, on a Saturday evening. Probably because she wasn't home either.

So I guess someday we could address the elephant in the room which is an epidemic of single parent households that put kids onto our streets that are violent and dangerous to the general public. But no- that's far too controversial.

There are only 3 things a person needs to do to make sure they dont live in poverty:
1. graduate high school.
2. get a job before getting married.
3. get married before having kids.

Yesterday 3 Clearwater teens were killed when their stolen SUV overturned and burst into flames. A 4th survived and is now going back to juvenile court, probably for the 10th time in his short life.

These kids all had something in common- African American, under the age of 18, extensive criminal records including armed robbery, and families where there was 1 parent actually technically at the home, and more likely a situation where that 1 parent is always gone or doesn't give a shit.

One mother admitted she "had no idea" that her 15 year old son wasn't at home, at 4 am, on a Saturday evening. Probably because she wasn't home either.

So I guess someday we could address the elephant in the room which is an epidemic of single parent households that put kids onto our streets that are violent and dangerous to the general public. But no- that's far too controversial.
This is a major problem in St Pete. My tenants in NE St Pete have had their car broken into twice. The thugs from the south side of St Pete drive north for their crimes.

This is a major problem in St Pete. My tenants in NE St Pete have had their car broken into twice. The thugs from the south side of St Pete drive north for their crimes.

It's everywhere. It happened to me, and people i know in Clearwater, Oldsmar, Bellair, Palm Harbor, and even as far north as Land o lakes.

These are degenrate teens with shit for brains parents who don't care and they are terrorizing the entire area.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
http://www.chron.com/news/health/article/Teen-birth-rates-spiked-in-Texas-after-Planned-11283376.php

I'm against nearly all government handouts, but this is one case where free birth control would give us a thousandfold ROI. We should be swimming in birth control.

That was brought up in the past with the Norplant Implants and the Libs went nuts.

http://www.newsweek.com/norplant-debate-195258

http://www.slate.com/articles/briefing/articles/1996/08/the_norplant_option.html

Ah yes, those damn liberals always taking away birth control. You are delusional.

Ask your parents and or others that were adults around back in the early 90s as they too will remember this controversy which tried to stop people on welfare from getting pregnant (then needing an abortion or the govt to help raise their kids).

Any adult around back then will remember this and now, knowing how welfare has exploded since then and seen the actual results from today.

Ask your parents and or others that were adults around back in the early 90s as they too will remember this controversy which tried to stop people on welfare from getting pregnant (then needing an abortion or the govt to help raise their kids).

Any adult around back then will remember this and now, knowing how welfare has exploded since then and seen the actual results from today.

Yes I know that the religious right is against birth control and abortion.

You blamed liberals, who are the ones that actually fight for this stuff.

That is why I called you delusional.

I swear I need to start just replying to certain people with crayons and pictures.

No, actually, this really was flipped somewhat just a couple of decades ago.

The civics argument was that the US government didn't need to tell Americans -- even those receiving taxpayer services for their financial status -- how to live their lives or what to do with their bodies. It was a freedom argument, with the view that if the US government provided birth control, including abortions, it would soon be ordering women to have them, against their will.

And now, the arguments have changed. Birth control, including abortions, are now becoming "medically necessary" and a "civil right."

No Liberal was making that argument in the '90s, but the Progressives of the '10s are now making it. Again, Progressives != Liberals. We're no longer talking about a "Liberal Agenda," but a "Progressive Agenda."

I cannot emphasize that enough.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT