Basketball - I see the same deficiencies

BH Knights 37

Four-Star Recruit
Gold Member
Oct 18, 2015
Good win...

Can't make free throws
Can't make three pointers

Hopefully this was just an off night for those areas and we will see improvement. But we've been terrible at the free throw line in recent years and besides Williams, no consistent shooters from 3pt range.

UCF BASKETBALL WILL BE IN THE FINAL FOUR THIS YEAR. My write up after watching the game: I'm going to buy some tickets for future games. UCF basketball is going to be really good this year. I can see this team in the NCAA tourny and going deep into it. UCF basketball is very tall, deep talent, and well coached. They need to work on free throws like usual (hold back from donnie jones free throw curse). 6'11" Collin Smith is going to be an absolutely super star. Tacko (now listed at 7'7") is playing very great defense. Senior Chad Brown fouled out with his energy and toughness. Senior (best UCF player ever) BJ Armstrong took over a segment of the game with ball control and a team high 22 points. Terrell Allen a secret weapon dagger in the heart shooter. Aubry Dawkins (6'7" Coach's son) is very tall and physical and plays tough defense and quick and smart on fast breaks. He was off on 3 point shots but if he starts hitting that. UCF is UNSTOPPABLE. Oh yeah, DeJesus. Go Knights UCF 84 Rider 70 Final.

Last edited:
I don’t see Tacko or Smith being able to shoot free throws well. Everyone else should. Dawkins is athletic. Smith is good down low but all they have to do is foul him. We will probably break free throw attempt records this year. Started off slow and still won by 14.

The press gave them some trouble as well. It'll be interesting to see if other teams try to take advantage of that.

UCF BASKETBALL WILL BE IN THE FINAL FOUR THIS YEAR. My write up after watching the game: I'm going to buy some tickets for future games. UCF basketball is going to be really good this year. I can see this team in the NCAA tourny and going deep into it. UCF basketball is very tall, deep talent, and well coached. They need to work on free throws like usual (hold back from donnie jones free throw curse). 6'11" Collin Smith is going to be an absolutely super star. Tacko (now listed at 7'7") is playing very great defense. Senior Chad Brown fouled out with his energy and toughness. Senior (best UCF player ever) BJ Armstrong took over a segment of the game with ball control and a team high 22 points. Terrell Allen a secret weapon dagger in the heart shooter. Aubry Dawkins (6'7" Coach's son) is very tall and physical and plays tough defense and quick and smart on fast breaks. He was off on 3 point shots but if he starts hitting that. UCF is UNSTOPPABLE. Oh yeah, DeJesus. Go Knights UCF 84 Rider 70 Final.

Ummmmm....

Don't 'ummmmmm...' the messenger! LOL. Yes, I may be a little too enthusiastic as it was just the first game. but, I liked what I saw. We haven't made the NCAA tourney in a very long time. This team looks built to make it there. How far they can go is the question mark. Go Knights!

Don't 'ummmmmm...' the messenger! LOL. Yes, I may be a little too enthusiastic as it was just the first game. but, I liked what I saw. We haven't made the NCAA tourney in a very long time. This team looks built to make it there. How far they can go is the question mark. Go Knights!
Haha lets let the team take it one game at a time

Reactions: atsKnight
It's too early to start getting critical. I missed the game, but from only the write-ups and box score, I'm really encouraged.

The starters and top 4 scorers were Taylor, Dawkins, Smith, & Allen.

The next five are DeJesus, Griffin, Fall (starter), Brown, & McSpadden. That was last year's team! Last year's team just got sent to the bench.

We're going to have some kinks to work out, rust to shake off, and the lineups are going to need to be tested and tried. But we had a good team last year. And now last year's starters are going to facing off with the benches of other schools.

That bodes well, IMHO.

Reactions: Knight Strength
It's too early to start getting critical. I missed the game, but from only the write-ups and box score, I'm really encouraged.

The starters and top 4 scorers were Taylor, Dawkins, Smith, & Allen.

The next five are DeJesus, Griffin, Fall (starter), Brown, & McSpadden. That was last year's team! Last year's team just got sent to the bench.

We're going to have some kinks to work out, rust to shake off, and the lineups are going to need to be tested and tried. But we had a good team last year. And now last year's starters are going to facing off with the benches of other schools.

That bodes well, IMHO.

Great point! My question is, who is Ryder and why did they score 70 points? :cool:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT