ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball injuries

ucffan642

Four-Star Recruit
Oct 23, 2015
Time to replace our strength and conditioning coach for b-ball. I have never seen so many injuries occur in a short period of time. Is it Dawkins fault? Are the players being pushed too hard in the gym or what?

Reactions: UCFhonors
Time to replace our strength and conditioning coach for b-ball. I have never seen so many injuries occur in a short period of time. Is it Dawkins fault? Are the players being pushed too hard in the gym or what?

Both are good questions and they need to be addressed...this was supposed to be the year of the Big Dance and maybe even the Sweet 16...but something went terribly wrong....and I don't believe it was just bad luck...I believe, to a degree, in the old adage that you make your own luck....and Dawkins owes the season tic holders and contributors an explanation as to how he made this big a mess of the physical well being of his student athletes this season....it's his responsibility and the results have been more than disappointing....

I blame strength and conditioning team. Look at the football team, a much more physical sport, and there was 1 major injury all season (hamilton). the football team was insanely healthy. The basketball team needs to hire someone new to improve the durability of our guys.

2 shoulder injuries in the same season. In a sport that is not known for getting upper body hurt. Has to be during workouts. I'm willing to bet they are hurting it while working out and lifting heavy weights above head.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT