ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Notes - Brand new team in 2015-16

Brandon

Publisher
Staff
May 28, 2001
Winter Park, FL
www.ucfsports.com
Next year's UCF basketball team will have a completely different look as the program is on track to have seven new additions that will be on scholarship. We already know about six:

-Matt Williams, the junior guard who redshirted this past season while recovering from a knee injury.

-A.J. Davis, the Tennessee transfer who redshirted this past season. G/F, regarded as the best player on the practice court this year, compared to Tayshaun Prince. Will be a sophomore.

-Tanksley Efianayi, junior college wing from Daytona State College. Isaiah Sykes type. Avg. 15.7 ppg this past season.

-Tacko Fall, 7-foot-6 HS center. One of the most hyped recruits - he's already getting tons of publicity.

-Chad Brown, 6-9 power forward. Already noted for strong defensive ability.

-Chance McSpadden, guard.

Donnie Jones is currently in Kansas at the national junior college tournament in search of a fifth recruiting addition - a big man - which when you include Williams and Davis would give UCF seven new faces on the court next season.

Don't have any names to share just yet, but rumor has it the staff is confident they'll be adding a 6-9, 6-10 power forward, someone who'd be able to come in and contribute major minutes right away, allowing a guy like Chad Brown to develop and being an experienced senior the following year after Staphon Blair graduates.

UCF is back at 13 scholarships, so more than half of the roster will be new. That means two current players will be leaving... I've always believed Shaheed Davis would be one. As for another, with Matt Williams returning, Chance McSpadden coming in and A.J. Davis as a big guard type, I think a guy like Daiquan Walker could find more playing time elsewhere, maybe at a lower level.

The other six on scholarship should be, assuming my guesses are accurate, would be B.J. Taylor, Adonys Henriquez, Brandon Goodwin, Staphon Blair, Dylan Karell and Justin McBride.

I know everyone has been frustrated with the past couple years with the lack of scholarships catching up, but there's reason to be optimistic for the future. Results need to happen, obviously this staff understands that, but now they'll be playing with a full complement of scholarships.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News