ADVERTISEMENT

BC and Tommy Cast on now vs FSU

I agree. I still think the verdict is out:

UAe_sa.gif

Apparently you didn't watch the whole game. He was a general out there.
Watched the whole game. Still 10-16 for barely 100 yds against a soft FSU defense... Question for you guys, do you think he would be the same "field general" if he was here?? You are casting away the production that Malzahn QBs have had while at UCF. Nothing I have seen points me in the direction that any of these dudes would be putting up great numbers if they were still here...

What I saw: He performed like a middle of the road QB from a Power 4 conference. ~200 yds in total offense with minimal mistakes. I guess at this point, that's an upgrade for us? If you saw differently, then I guess that's your opinion.

FWIW I am NOT on the KJ Jefferson train.

I think the big point is, UCF could have had three years of Castellanos. Instead of having 3 different QBs. Unless someone thinks Plumlee's last season was worth that.

Of course I assume those fans are also bitter that Holman didn't get to finish his final season in 2016.

it is nice to see FSU humbled

the arrogance of their administration and AD bringing up UCF’s tv deal. Ever since UCF has become so popular within the State of Florida(generally more so than Athletics) it seems like FSU has been bothered the most by it.

8/9 wins in our first few years in the Big 12 is ok with me. 7 years down the road we may have to think otherwise. TM has given everything to GM to succeed and GM was a good hire at the time, in a few years we will determine if a change is needed. We have a very talented team at every position but qb. I hope KJ proves me wrong.
7 years!!!

Something has happened behind the scenes (or at Arkansas) that I don't no about.

From the Orlando Sentinel: ..........But there weren’t nearly enough of those kinds of performances last season. Jefferson was too erratic and inconsistent and Arkansas finished at the bottom of the SEC with a 1-7 record, 4-8 overall. And, so, Jefferson entered the transfer portal and chose UCF, partly because of what Malzahn did with Newton — a player Jefferson grew up idolizing.

What happened his last year at Arkansas? Why was he so nervous playing New Hamphire after 9 months of practice? He almost looked like he was in slow motion sometimes. His fake pitchouts were terrible. He barely clapped his hands to hike the ball. He doesn't plant his feet correctly for a QB. He was throwing like one would throw a basketball. Thoughts?

Reactions: connerito and Yaes
You interestingly forgot to add the 14 carries for 73 yards and 3 total TD's .... plus he had less turnovers vs FSU than KJJ had against NH.

Poopoo'ing (pun intended) those who play Monday Morning QB I get.... but downplaying the effectiveness Castellanos played with last night is something I don't. Dude looked super poised, matured, and like a Kyler Murray-lite last night.
I just don't like the prospect of Castellanos running so much for his size. He plays hard and he's not that big to take a beating regularly without injury. But he looked great against FSU.

Reactions: connerito and Yaes
I just don't like the prospect of Castellanos running so much for his size. He plays hard and he's not that big to take a beating regularly without injury. But he looked great against FSU.
I think how Plumlee ran has skewed perception of running QBs. Castellanos avoids contact, slides, goes out of bounds and generally careful. Plumlee on the other hand seemed to ensure he got blown up at least a few times per game regardless of the score or situation.

It's interesting how much we get excited about Tommy Castellanos. He went 10/16 for 106 yds in passing....
TC is better than KJ Jefferson. UCF is paying KJ $350k and JB $300k…for what? You think that beating FSU at home is easy? LOL.

KJ getting just over $500k. JB getting peanuts, picked UCF over other programs to stay in the South. Stop pretending you know something and go away.
No, he’s not getting $500k. KJ is getting $350k and Jacurri Brown $300k. You are a know nothing struggler that doesn’t even have a $9.99 monthly membership. Stop making a fool of yourself (probably too much to ask).

Last edited:
Reactions: Endeavor.
TC is better than KJ Jefferson. UCF is paying KJ $350k and JB $300k…for what? You think that beating FSU at home is easy? LOL.
Right now FSU doesn't seem that hard. You are confusing my post. I'm not a KJ fan. I just don't think TC would be excelling here under Malzahn. Even you can't disagree with this.

Last edited:
it is nice to see FSU humbled

the arrogance of their administration and AD bringing up UCF’s tv deal. Ever since UCF has become so popular within the State of Florida(generally more so than Athletics) it seems like FSU has been bothered the most by it.
IMHO, we are gaining ground on the other football teams in Florida. In about 5-7 years, they should award their 500,000 diploma. Not bad for just over 50 years and the first 20 years the school had an enrollment under 12,000.

Reactions: Yaes
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT