ADVERTISEMENT

Bernie Sanders' "Medicare for All" would cost $32.6 Trillion Dollars

Medical write offs and collections go away. That's a big one.

It doesnt matter. They overcharge payers to make up for nonpayers so the money is still the same. You could make the case for collections costs going away, but it will just be replaced with compliance anyway so at the very best its a zero sum game. In reality though, any medical professional will tell you that medicare compliance is far more expensive and time consuming that with private insurers so costs will likely increase.

This thread is so funny. Like the red hats are going to convince everyone that this very common system of providing healthcare is impossible. Its the system used in every rich developed country. It works all over the world. We don't even need to guess at the numbers. We know it works already because it's functioning all over the world.

If you think single payer is the way to go, why not advocate for Unitedhealth buying up all other insurance companies and we can all go through them instead of the government?

Reactions: UCFWayne
If you think single payer is the way to go, why not advocate for Unitedhealth buying up all other insurance companies and we can all go through them instead of the government?
Because everyone knows that Corporations are evil and Governments are not. Anyone who would even doubt that is true is an ignorant racist red hatter MAGAt. The social science is settled.

How does everyone else achieve the impossible

Through redistribution of wealth and limiting quality of care.

Liberal policies have completely screwed up the medical industry over the last 75 years and youre asking to go even further. Just be honest and state that ypu believe everyone should make the same amount of money regardless of their knowledge, work ethic, and education.

Because everyone knows that Corporations are evil and Governments are not. Anyone who would even doubt that is true is an ignorant racist red hatter MAGAt. The social science is settled.
You can't vote out a corporation

Did you read his suggestion or just my reply obviously I'm talking about a monopoly which is what he suggested. Terrible poster.

Says the guy who refuses to accept the near consensus that single payer is not feasible here

Have yet to hear why human medical needs can not be handled here but can be handled elsewhere.

Sure you have. Analysis after analysis tells you why. You’re just to set in your ideologue ways to accept what even left wing sites have accepted.

Why are you anti-data and anti-fact?

Sure you have. Analysis after analysis tells you why. You’re just to set in your ideologue ways to accept what even left wing sites have accepted.

Why are you anti-data and anti-fact?
If I was working in GBR or CAN I could be medically covered out of my taxes but not here because reasons.

Humans get sick the same ways all across the world they get well the same ways all across the world. If other countries can take their sick and make them well we can do it the same way or better in America.

Then your insurance is already superior to anything you’d ever get off of single payer socialized medicine
One of my immediate family is on Medicare and the rest of us are on private insurance. I assure you that you have no idea what you're talking about.

One of my immediate family is on Medicare and the rest of us are on private insurance. I assure you that you have no idea what you're talking about.

I have 5 family members on Medicare. I assure you that you have no idea what you’re talking about.

My favorite part of this incredibly embarrassing episode for 85 is he still hasn't figured out today his precious Koch study literally claimed that Sanders plan would save the US money.

When he finally catches up with the rest of us the meltdown will be even more epic than normal.

Lulz for the day right here. Just saw this pop up.

The hard right conservative site Washington Post addressed this ridiculous claim that MFA would "save $2T" and labeled it 3 Pinocchio's under Fact Check for basically being based on bullshit and lies. (But, that didn't stop Democrats from peddling this as fact).

The report does throw this number out, but then tears it apart with context and an understanding that the 40% cuts in payments cannot and will not happen in a vacuum, although that's how the numbers had to run for sake of the study. Like most sane people, it concludes that in no possible way would it save $2T, or anything at all.

Like I said above, the only people pushing this are people knowingly dealing in lies or concealment of data.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-will-save-2-trillion/?utm_term=.0c609f116dd5

My favorite part of this incredibly embarrassing episode for 85 is he still hasn't figured out today his precious Koch study literally claimed that Sanders plan would save the US money.

When he finally catches up with the rest of us the meltdown will be even more epic than normal.
Hmmm what to believe from a guy that just makes stuff up about people then lies about backing it up...

This study is estimating about 10k per person. Exactly what we pay now in public and private dollars... except not everyone is covered now.

So if we can get healthcare to everyone for the same price we're paying now, why's that bad?

If we can eliminate delinquency and medical collections that ruin lives for the same cost, why's that bad?

If we can somehow put pressure on hospitals so they can't charge $25 for a halls cough drop, how is that bad?

Can't do any of that without major tort reform. Good luck passing that in DC which festers with lawyers

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT