ADVERTISEMENT

Bernie wants more abortions

The only people who don't agree with this are the people who believe there is a magical being in the sky who controls us all with a flick of his white fingers.

Sorry. I'll take Bernie's, and educated scientific opinion, stance instead of following the mouth breathers.

The only people who don't agree with this are the people who believe there is a magical being in the sky who controls us all with a flick of his white fingers.

Sorry. I'll take Bernie's, and educated scientific opinion, stance instead of following the mouth breathers.
It’s “Bernie’s or educated scientific...”. The guy is kind of dolt. It doesn’t matter anyway l, the big players are backing Biden because they know Sanders has no shot in hell of winning with his platform, but he can still build flux capacitors with teenagers, I guess.

Reactions: UCFWayne
“The party of science” is still doing insane mental gymnastics, now labeling the mass slaughter of unborn children as “reproductive freedom”. My God.

Though I'm sure you're intentionally using hyperbole for emphasis and don't really believe what you wrote, on the off chance you actually believe that only religious people oppose abortion, you should be aware that there are pro-life atheists: https://www.secularprolife.org/. Likewise, there are religious people who stand with Planned Parenthood: https://www.ucc.org/justice_womens-issues_reproductive-justice.

Perhaps abortion, like most policy debates, is more complex than my tribe versus your tribe. We would do well to understand the arguments on all sides of an issue rather than dismiss a position simply because we don't identify with that particular tribe.

Perhaps abortion, like most policy debates, is more complex than my tribe versus your tribe. We would do well to understand the arguments on all sides of an issue rather than dismiss a position simply because we don't identify with that particular tribe.
You are correct. Unfortunately, it's impossible to have an honest discussion of the complex issues surrounding this issue when one side calls the other side, "Baby Killers!"

Reactions: bluechip12
You are correct. Unfortunately, it's impossible to have an honest discussion of the complex issues surrounding this issue when one side calls the other side, "Baby Killers!"
Oh stop it. You’re the master of oversimplification.

As a general rule, we should avoid lobbing verbal grenades which do nothing more than incite an emotional response. Even though I disagree with abortion, it's not a good argument tactic to label those who disagree with me as something to which they themselves do not identify. This rule applies regardless of the issue. For example, people who support stricter enforcement against illegal immigration should not be labeled white nationalists or racists by those who disagree with them. Instead, argue why increased illegal immigration is a good thing.

A secular argument against Bernie's proposal to make abortion free (aka, government subsidized) is that government subsidies always produce more of the thing being subsidized. But, scientifically speaking, by definition, every abortion is performed with the goal of ending a pregnancy by terminating a unique human life. To that I ask, why as a society do we want more lives ended by abortion? I understand that abortion is legal, but do we really want more and not fewer? Maybe there are better alternatives for parents who cannot care for a child. Alternatives which don't result in the permanent termination of a unique human life.

Reactions: UCFWayne

Says the guy who claims The Bible, and thus God, sanctions abortion due to approval by omission.

Says the guy who claims The Bible, and thus God, sanctions abortion due to approval by omission.
I don't know why you're always so mad about abortions. I think it might have something to do with your religion but let's be honest. Y'all don't really have the best track record with kids do you?

I don't know why you're always so mad about abortions. I think it might have something to do with your religion but let's be honest. Y'all don't really have the best track record with kids do you?

I haven’t murdered an unborn child. Have you?

Wait, what?

You can always spot the anti-life folks. When confronted with their own moral shit storm they resort to insanity like this. I guess having a few million dead kids on their conscious is a heavy load.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT