ADVERTISEMENT

What the F**K is AG Merrick Garland doing??!?

DaShuckster

Diamond Knight
Nov 30, 2003
I'm a relatively patient person but --- HOLY CRAP -- how long does it take to charge ANY of the Bigwigs responsible for the Capitol riot on January 6th???

The first Capitol rioter -- a Florida man, naturally ;) -- plead guilty to one felony count back in 2021. Two hundred and eighty six people have been charged and convicted for their illegal activites that day. But what about all the people who planned it???

Hell, the House Select Committee laid out TONS of incriminating under-oath testimony on Trump and a whole host of other people!!! What's the fukcing hold up???

And there's STILL no word on indictments on illegal crap the former President and others did to overturn the Georgia election results? WTF? Talk about an 'open and shut' case. Again, what the fukc is taking so long???

Thanks to the snail pace of our Justice Department, Trump will likely be free to run for POTUS again and --- of course --- play to his MAGA base that the charges (if there ever are any) are all politically motivated. The Justice Department needs to grow a pair and put an end to this bullsh*t once and for all.

If they don’t charge anyone after millions of taxpayer dollars were spent to investigate and hold hearings, Donald might walk back into the WH in 2024 with little resistance.

If they don’t charge anyone after millions of taxpayer dollars were spent to investigate and hold hearings, Donald might walk back into the WH in 2024 with little resistance.
Between the Justice Department and the Courts, it's starting to feel like the cornerstone threads holding everything together are starting to fray.

I don't think he has a chance in 24. His whole campaign is just going to have that feel that we've seen this movie before, and other than a very loud minority, I don't think he is going to drum up much enthusiasm.

I don't think he has a chance in 24. His whole campaign is just going to have that feel that we've seen this movie before, and other than a very loud minority, I don't think he is going to drum up much enthusiasm.
He has a great chance in 2024. If the economy, inflation, banks, gas prices, and other matters are still in the toilet by then, and Biden is the nominee, he very much could take it.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
He has a great chance in 2024. If the economy, inflation, banks, gas prices, and other matters are still in the toilet by then, and Biden is the nominee, he very much could take it.
But the bank issue is tied to Trump era Republican policies. https://www.denverpost.com/2018/03/07/michael-bennet-bank-deregulation-bill/?s=09
The other things are covid related and will likely be somewhat better by that time. But the real question is, do you think that people will feel Trump will be the one to fix these things? I don't think they will.

I think he can win the republican primary, I just don't think he will win a general election.

Last edited:
I think he can win the republican primary, I just don't think he will win a general election.
There's not a snowball's chance in hell he could win a general election.

He won in 2016 because there were enough voters in the rust belt states who thought, "Aw hell, I'll give Trump the benefit of a doubt. What does it matter anyway?"

That didn't happen in 2020 and it sure as hell ain't happening in 2024

Reactions: Cubs79
But the bank issue is tied to Trump era Republican policies. https://www.denverpost.com/2018/03/07/michael-bennet-bank-deregulation-bill/?s=09
The other things are covid related and will likely be somewhat better by that time. But the real question is, do you think that people will feel Trump will be the one to fix these things? I don't think they will.

And those policies will produce more problems for Biden than they will trump. It typically works that way.

Again, if the economy is then as it is now and Biden is the candidate, I think it could spell serious trouble. Wouldn’t shock me in the slightest.

And those policies will produce more problems for Biden than they will trump. It typically works that way.

Again, if the economy is then as it is now and Biden is the candidate, I think it could spell serious trouble. Wouldn’t shock me in the slightest.
Everyone thought that at the mid terms though, and it didn't really work that way. I think Trumps drama and whole schtick is wearing on people.

Biden shouldn’t have picked Garland. The man is terrified of his own shadow and hurting people’s feelings.

Our Justice system moving at a snails pace works for Trump bc his propaganda works 24/7

Also I go back and forth on who would be more electable vs Biden. Thought DeSantis being young would be more dangerous but he is such a weirdo and he is already making mistakes. Trump has an immovable personality cult where his mistakes don’t matter

Reactions: KnighttimeJoe
Biden shouldn’t have picked Garland. The man is terrified of his own shadow and hurting people’s feelings.
No Sh*t! After the House Committee laid out all of its evidence, what in the hell is he waiting for? Why in the hell was a special prosecutor needed? On one hand, he doesn't want the DOJ to look 'political' but the more danger issue (at least in my mind) is the notion that a guy like Trump is 'above the law.'
Our Justice system moving at a snails pace works for Trump bc his propaganda works 24/7
Exactly! He delayed long enough that it's guaranteed to work in Trump's favor. Trump needs to thank Garland for his GOP nomination for POTUS in 2024.
Also I go back and forth on who would be more electable vs Biden. Thought DeSantis being young would be more dangerous but he is such a weirdo and he is already making mistakes. Trump has an immovable personality cult where his mistakes don’t matter
Most people -- including his supporters -- think Biden is too old and boring BUT that's a winning recipe in 2024 when the alternative is scarey as hell.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
No Sh*t! After the House Committee laid out all of its evidence, what in the hell is he waiting for? Why in the hell was a special prosecutor needed? On one hand, he doesn't want the DOJ to look 'political' but the more danger issue (at least in my mind) is the notion that a guy like Trump is 'above the law.'

Exactly! He delayed long enough that it's guaranteed to work in Trump's favor. Trump needs to thank Garland for his GOP nomination for POTUS in 2024.

Most people -- including his supporters -- think Biden is too old and boring BUT that's a winning recipe in 2024 when the alternative is scarey as hell.
It probably is still not enough to win but Trump brings out record numbers of ‘white no college’ voters that no other Republican can match that makes up for losing moderates..especially in the Midwest .

It probably is still not enough to win but Trump brings out record numbers of ‘white no college’ voters that no other Republican can match that makes up for losing moderates..especially in the Midwest .
Not in the general election.

But on the other hand, the MAGAs have had four years to make their state's vote certification process more "streamlined" than last time.

I would not be one bit surprised if Trump beats Biden simply because the country has literally gone to hell since Biden has taken office and that’s all a lot of voters will look at

People better hope that’s not the matchup in 2024

As a conservative, I hope Trump isn't the nominee. He brings out his base biggley, and fires up the opposition biggley.

Reactions: DaShuckster
I would not be one bit surprised if Trump beats Biden simply because the country has literally gone to hell since Biden has taken office and that’s all a lot of voters will look at

People better hope that’s not the matchup in 2024
Just about every important measurable economic factor has been far worse under Biden than Trump. Sure, we can cite reasons for this that aren't Biden's fault. We can also cite reasons why they are his fault and at the end of the day, people/voters don't really give a shit what the reason is. They are just going to be pissed off THAT it is worse.

I sincerely hope this isn't the matchup in 2024. Trump will be 80, Biden 82. People that age have no business running for President. Call me an ageist, IDGAF.

This country badly needs new ideas and new blood---not a couple of recycled donkeys who don't know WTF they are doing.

Last edited:
Trump with be 80, Biden 82. People that age have no business running for President. Call me an ageist, IDGAF.

This country badly needs new ideas and new blood---not a couple of recycled donkeys who don't know WTF they are doing.
It is absolutely mind boggling that these will be the only two options we have. 2 goddamn dinosaurs leading the free world. This has to be some sick joke.

It is absolutely mind boggling that these will be the only two options we have. 2 goddamn dinosaurs leading the free world. This has to be some sick joke.
Just about every important measurable economic factor has been far worse under Biden than Trump. Sure, we can cite reasons for this that aren't Biden's fault. We can also cite reasons why they are his fault and at the end of the day, people/voters don't really give a shit what the reason is. They are just going to be pissed off THAT it is worse.

I sincerely hope this isn't the matchup in 2024. Trump with be 80, Biden 82. People that age have no business running for President. Call me an ageist, IDGAF.

In a country of 320+ million people it’s absolutely unbelievable. It’s a complete embarrassment and I absolutely refuse to vote if it’s these 2.

The scary thing is that Desantis is worse
That moron will cease all military aid to Ukraine and it will be taken over in a few months

Put Mike Pence in there. At least he’s “only” going to be 64-65 in 2024.

Biden will be 85 In November of 2027
Trump will be 81 in June of 2027

Last edited:
In a country of 320+ million people it’s absolutely unbelievable. It’s a complete embarrassment and I absolutely refuse to vote if it’s these 2.

That moron will cease all military aid to Ukraine and it will be taken over in a few months

Put Mike Pence in there. At least he’s “only” going to be 64-65 in 2024.
No one worth a shit wants the job or the stress. There are people out there who individually have an IQ that greatly exceeds the combined score of dumb ass Donald and comatose Biden, and they say no thanks.

And don't tell me that those two went to Ivy League schools and have brains. Over half the kids who go to those schools have a blank check that arrives from their parents at the same their shitty applications and test scores come in. Please see Biden and Trump.

No one worth a shit wants the job or the stress. There are people out there who individually have an IQ that greatly exceeds the combined score of dumb ass Donald and comatose Biden, and they say no thanks.

And don't tell me that those two went to Ivy League schools and have brains. Over half the kids who go to those schools have a blank check that arrives from their parents at the same their shitty applications and test scores come in. Please see Biden and Trump.
I can guarantee you that there are better candidates for president if you combine the WC and the Dungeon. That’s saying a lot. Lol. Just freaking surround yourself with competent people

It’s obviously not hard to be POTUS.

• Haha
In a country of 320+ million people it’s absolutely unbelievable. It’s a complete embarrassment ...
Is Biden too old? Yeah. But so is Trump. Worse yet, Donald is a modern-day version of a Mob Boss. The reason the country got Joe Biden is because he was the guy voters said they'd vote for over Trump.

The vast majority of Americans were scared to death of a Trump Second Term---and, as it turned out, for damn good reason.
Exactly, Ucfmikes! I wish people who say it's 'too expensive' to support Democracy could look into a crystal ball and discover the high cost of losing it.
Biden will be 85 In November of 2027
Trump will be 81 in June of 2027
Yippee!!! I still have a chance to throw my hat in the ring!!! :)

The Chips act and Infrastructure will age well for Biden. But yes voters will vote on food prices and gas if not improved

also the age thing is a concern. you see Finland’s
PM while we have not just the POTUS but very powerful Senators over 80

The Chips act and Infrastructure will age well for Biden.
Yep. That should have happened 20 years ago.
But yes voters will vote on food prices and gas if not improved
Inflation was a natural byproduct in the aftermath of a pandemic that disrupted the supply chains in the US and around the world.

I'm far from being a 'numbers' guy but -- COME ON! -- that SHOULD have been self-evident by our nation's supposed 'economic experts.' Its always interesting how often these self-proclaimed financial gurus are caught with their pants down.

No, it didn’t. The regulations might, might, have lessened the impact. But SVB’s profile of risk, large depositors, and long-term holdings vulnerable to interest rate hikes put it in a position where the rapid interest-rate hikes doomed the bank. The pre-deregulation stress tests didn’t even include that scenario.

Of course, federal regulators could’ve asked questions all along and no Trump-era actions would’ve stopped them. The bank could’ve kept itself from getting into such a risky position at any time as well.

But the bank issue is tied to Trump era Republican policies.
No, it didn’t. The regulations might, might, have lessened the impact.
Yeah, riiiiiiiiiiiiight. :rolleyes:

Funny how the "We don't need no stinkin' REGULATIONS" crowd shout to high heavens about how those darn things 'hinder' "little' multi-billion-dollar banks like SVB----until something happens. Which is WHY Congress originally put safeguards in place after 2008 for crying out loud!!!

HELLLLOOOO???!? Apparently we learned nothing from the past.

If the old Dodd-Frank rules were still in place it certainly would have strengthened SVB's balance sheet and kept it from failing in the dramatic way it did. The truth is that the 2018 rollback sent a strong message to bank examiners and regulators that when it came to the 'big little guy' banks with less than 250 billion in assets, the new motto was "Don't Worry, Be Happy!"

Reactions: NinjaKnight
Yeah, riiiiiiiiiiiiight. :rolleyes:

Funny how the "We don't need no stinkin' REGULATIONS" crowd shout to high heavens about how those darn things 'hinder' "little' multi-billion-dollar banks like SVB----until something happens. Which is WHY Congress originally put safeguards in place after 2008 for crying out loud!!!

HELLLLOOOO???!? Apparently we learned nothing from the past.

If the old Dodd-Frank rules were still in place it certainly would have strengthened SVB's balance sheet and kept it from failing in the dramatic way it did. The truth is that the 2018 rollback sent a strong message to bank examiners and regulators that when it came to the 'big little guy' banks with less than 250 billion in assets, the new motto was "Don't Worry, Be Happy!"
Evidently the Federal Bank of San Francisco did know about their risk and warned them multiple times. I posted experts that stated that your assertion might or might not be the case. Today we learn that the regulatory environment currently in place caught their risk and yet the bank board ignored them. So Dodd-Frank would’ve done absolutely nothing in the SVB case that wasn’t already being done.

Evidently the Federal Bank of San Francisco did know about their risk and warned them multiple times. I posted experts that stated that your assertion might or might not be the case. Today we learn that the regulatory environment currently in place caught their risk and yet the bank board ignored them. So Dodd-Frank would’ve done absolutely nothing in the SVB case that wasn’t already being done.
The Deregulation Act Congress passed and Trump signed created the "Don't Worry, Be Happy" climate that led to this crap.

You can't say things like "the bank board ignored the risk" and go on to say with a straight face that we were still serious about keeping banks in line.

My brother and I were just having this identical conversation. How the F**k did we get here? If either of those two buffoons are elected, we are in deep shit.

I'm a relatively patient person but --- HOLY CRAP -- how long does it take to charge ANY of the Bigwigs responsible for the Capitol riot on January 6th???

The first Capitol rioter -- a Florida man, naturally ;) -- plead guilty to one felony count back in 2021. Two hundred and eighty six people have been charged and convicted for their illegal activites that day. But what about all the people who planned it???

Hell, the House Select Committee laid out TONS of incriminating under-oath testimony on Trump and a whole host of other people!!! What's the fukcing hold up???

And there's STILL no word on indictments on illegal crap the former President and others did to overturn the Georgia election results? WTF? Talk about an 'open and shut' case. Again, what the fukc is taking so long???

Thanks to the snail pace of our Justice Department, Trump will likely be free to run for POTUS again and --- of course --- play to his MAGA base that the charges (if there ever are any) are all politically motivated. The Justice Department needs to grow a pair and put an end to this bullsh*t once and for all.
And with all the proven crimes trump has committed, how is not charged with anything???? Calling the state of Georgia on the phone, asking them to fake republican votes....just blows me away. Out right lying and violating campaign rules. smh

And with all the proven crimes trump has committed, how is not charged with anything???? Calling the state of Georgia on the phone, asking them to fake republican votes....just blows me away. Out right lying and violating campaign rules. smh
The evidence is obvious....the Grand Jury has met and made its recommendation...the jury foreman has done interviews and indicated 'a bunch of people' might be getting indicted......sooooooooooooo....

What are we waiting for??!? It's like New York, Georgia, and the DOJ are all looking at each other with anxious looks of "who's going first???"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT