ADVERTISEMENT

Bianchi Trolls Strickland

ahabmw

Golden Knight
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
He lays the cards out and published an article saying we will do a 2-1 but it has to be at spectrum vs. UF. I’m glad DW is caving a little. If no one is willing to buy the 1-1 then you have to adapt. It sucks, and IMO is a form of collusion, but he’s managing the hand he’s dealt. Will be interesting to see Strickland’s response or lack of response.

He lays the cards out and published an article saying we will do a 2-1 but it has to be at spectrum vs. UF. I’m glad DW is caving a little. If no one is willing to buy the 1-1 then you have to adapt. It sucks, and IMO is a form of collusion, but he’s managing the hand he’s dealt. Will be interesting to see Strickland’s response or lack of response.

He does know Strickland

First of all, the GATORS ARE NOT COMING TO SPECTRUM FOR 3,000-4,000 tickets

Never ever ever

Additionally, the dates would be like 2025-2030.

He does know Strickland

Never ever ever

Additionally, the dates would be like 2025-2030.
We know that, the average CFB fan does not. The average fan thinks we’re stupid for not taking the 2-1. Here, we’re publicly saying “we’ll do 2-1’s” and now, how will they respond? My guess is the goal posts will move and this will still not be good enough. Would love for this to be the pressure needed to make something happen.

We know that, the average CFB fan does not. The average fan thinks we’re stupid for not taking the 2-1. Here, we’re publicly saying “we’ll do 2-1’s” and now, how will they respond? My guess is the goal posts will move and this will still not be good enough. Would love for this to be the pressure needed to make something happen.
What Danny did is make himself look good and the Gators look stupid by clarifying a 2-0-1 vs a 2-1

They will look super arrogant, stubborn, elitist and not flexible

What Danny did is make himself look good and the Gators look stupid by clarifying a 2-0-1 vs a 2-1

I’m curious to see what Dan Wolken or Stewart Mandel say about this. Unfortunately the media will continue to dig at us even if we don’t deserve it. The cards are stacked against us, no one wants this smoke, they want us to shut up, but don’t want to be the ones to shut us up. Just glad that at least Bianchi is beating our drum.

I’m curious to see what Dan Wolken or Stewart Mandel say about this. Unfortunately the media will continue to dig at us even if we don’t deserve it. The cards are stacked against us, no one wants this smoke, they want us to shut up, but don’t want to be the ones to shut us up. Just glad that at least Bianchi is beating our drum.
As far as I can see, Bianchi has come around. He’s starting to buy into UCF. The “little guy” vs the big bad elitists.

UCF vs the world.

Love to be hated!!

Same Bianchi who tried to say he wasn’t telling UCF to schedule better after Peach Bowl. Guy is a loser just trying to so hard to stir the pot and nobody cares.

Reactions: Flem3000
As far as I can see, Bianchi has come around. He’s starting to buy into UCF. The “little guy” vs the big bad elitists.

UCF vs the world.

Love to be hated!!

He’ll do it in August when he needs something to talk about. Come November when ESPN tells him what to think he’ll be back to bashing us.

Last edited:
He’ll do it in July when he needs something to talk about. Come November when ESPN tells him what to think he’ll be back to bashing us.
We will know for sure if we start losing games and/or the attendance drops

Reactions: ahabmw
This. But I do enjoy seeing the conversation move along. Even if it is a couple of months over due.

I don’t get the Bianchi hate. I have always enjoyed reading his columns.
He writed Bi Polar articles about UCF. One week it is how great we are, next week it is we don't play anyone. He is also not tall enough to ride any rides at Disney or Universal.

Reactions: MckenzieMilton10
Who are they and why do you care what they say?

One thing that HAS TO figure in this equation and is huge

The Gators will sellout their 2 games for BIG BUCKS. Can Idaho do that? Colorado State? Colorado? Who else?

In addition to all the hype and revenue

As far as Spectrum. Something can be worked out

Reactions: MckenzieMilton10
He does know Strickland
Nor even 5,000 for that matter ...

Across the SEC, football fans opting not to travel with their team
  • https://www.gainesville.com/news/20...all-fans-opting-not-to-travel-with-their-team
    Ahead of its annual rivalry game against Ole Miss, Mississippi State sold fewer than 2,000 tickets to the Egg Bowl in Oxford, about half as many as from just two years prior.
    Already this year, the University Florida ticket office has been informed that South Carolina is releasing 2,500 tickets of the 5,000 its fans could purchase for the game in the Swamp.
    Even Alabama, where national championships grow on trees and fans traditionally have rolled into visiting towns like a tide, couldn’t sell more than 1,200 of its 2016 allotment of tickets to a game at Arkansas.

Reactions: Knight_Light
I have been going to UCF games since I enrolled, I started school in 1996 and have had season tickets for a long time now. I might be the minority here but I don’t give two craps if we ever play UF. We don’t need them and I really don’t care what the rest of the country thinks. I have fun at the games regardless of who we play and winning takes care of crowd size. Secondly, if they don’t come to campus screw them, we will make our own way. I personally will not give any money that benefits the Florida Citrus Sports, they screwed us on the Miami deal we were trying to get.

Last edited:
I have been going to UCF games since I enrolled I started school in 1996 and have had season tickets for a long time now. I might be the minority here but I don’t give two craps if we ever play UF. We don’t need them and I really don’t care what the rest of the country thinks. I have fun at the games regardless of who we play and winning takes care of crowd size. Secondly, if they don’t come to campus screw them, we will make our own way. I personally will not give any money that benefits the Florida Citrus Sports, they screwed us on the Miami deal we were trying to get.
Preach it!

It seems most of us from the 20th century fanbases feel this way.

Reactions: Shark59

My only problem is that it took so long. Why not immediately publish that UF is scared and wont play at Spectrum.

Reactions: ahabmw
My only problem is that it took so long. Why not immediately publish that UF is scared and wont play at Spectrum.
Danny said it from the get-go, that we cannot be doing 'home' at neutral sites. The media just didn't feel like reporting it. That's why Bianchi took awhile to finally get Danny to re-visit it, because Danny was utterly mis-quoted by others. Danny didn't want to revisit it again if he didn't have to.

Danny has also, repeatedly floated the 'season opener at neutral site' (0-0-1) option, which is what Boise has been able to do. But no one talks about that either. JAX or ATL would be our #1 and #2 targets.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
Oklahoma is playing in a 38,000 seat stadium at West Point in 2020. I think the Gators need another excuse besides our 43,000 or so seating capacity.
It’s amazing that could happen and teams like Miami are going to FIU

It’s unfathomable after hearing what we are going through

The possibility of a loss HAS to be a factor

Oklahoma is playing in a 38,000 seat stadium at West Point in 2020. I think the Gators need another excuse besides our 43,000 or so seating capacity.

It’s amazing that could happen and teams like Miami are going to FIU

It’s unfathomable after hearing what we are going through

The possibility of a loss HAS to be a factor

I think it really comes down to ticket demand. For Florida vs Colorado, the away team only gets 3,000 tickets which is OK because due to travel distance that's probably a fair amount.

3,000 wouldn't be enough for UF vs UCF because it's a shorter trip and demand would be higher.

As an example, UF/FSU currently allots 6,000 tickets to the visiting team.

It puts both schools at a point where compromise doesn't make sense. UCF doesn't have 6,000 tickets to offer Florida for a game at Spectrum, much less a similar deal to USF with at 12,000 ticket allotment for two 6,000 allotments in Gainesville.

For Miami/FIU, they solved a similar problem by moving the game from FIU's stadium to Marlins Park. Still small, but 50% more tickets than playing at FIU and was really the only option as the other choice was for FIU to move their home game to Hard Rock (which is what Miami requested).

We know that the Citrus Bowl is off the table for UCF for a variety of reasons.

I think it really comes down to ticket demand. For Florida vs Colorado, the away team only gets 3,000 tickets which is OK because due to travel distance that's probably a fair amount.

3,000 wouldn't be enough for UF vs UCF because it's a shorter trip and demand would be higher.

As an example, UF/FSU currently allots 6,000 tickets to the visiting team.

It puts both schools at a point where compromise doesn't make sense. UCF doesn't have 6,000 tickets to offer Florida for a game at Spectrum, much less a similar deal to USF with at 12,000 ticket allotment for two 6,000 allotments in Gainesville.

For Miami/FIU, they solved a similar problem by moving the game from FIU's stadium to Marlins Park. Still small, but 50% more tickets than playing at FIU and was really the only option as the other choice was for FIU to move their home game to Hard Rock (which is what Miami requested).

We know that the Citrus Bowl is off the table for UCF for a variety of reasons.

This I can understand. Would love to play UF, but we don’t need UF, and UF doesn’t need us. (similar to baseball, they won’t play us to a fair schedule even though we’ve won the last 3-4 games on fair scheduling). My biggest gripe is that the media is using this as a jab against UCF when it makes 0 sense for either side.

Thanks for sharing your insight on the board!

Reactions: Knight Strength
All I know is that if DW goes for a 2-1, he better make sure the game at Spectrum is the first of the 3. If it's not, I'll guarantee you that Florida will buy their way out of it.

Odd statement to make considering UCF was the one who pulled out of the 2007 game.

As far as I know, UF has never bought our way out of a game.

Odd statement to make considering UCF was the one who pulled out of the 2007 game.

As far as I know, UF has never bought our way out of a game.

We did buy out of that game as we needed the date to open our stadium against Texas. Wish we would have rescheduled and I understand the gripe.

This I can understand. Would love to play UF, but we don’t need UF, and UF doesn’t need us. (similar to baseball, they won’t play us to a fair schedule even though we’ve won the last 3-4 games on fair scheduling).

What's a fair schedule. With the exception of last year, UF and UCF always play one game at each stadium.

My biggest gripe is that the media is using this as a jab against UCF when it makes 0 sense for either side.

Thanks for sharing your insight on the board!

I think this was a strategic risk that White took to put pressure on UF and other P5 programs to schedule with UCF. Stricklin is/was negotiating from a position of power so he can just say no. UF regularly plays one of the toughest schedules in the country so the narrative that was coming from the UCF media as being "afraid" to lose was something easy for the media to latch onto an make fun of.

I think White may have had more success if he went after Miami. Aside from (possibly) Florida, UCF would be the best team on Miami's schedule this year. The media would have taken that and ran with it.

Florida football: Why should I care about Central Florida?

https://hailfloridahail.com/2019/08/06/florida-football-care-ucf/
This article right here is the exact reason I don’t really care to play them. They have a great program, not going to argue that, but the pompous attitude they have is nauseating. So if we were to play at Florida Citrus Sports are the gators ok with just 6,000 tickets and we have the rest? They keep running around like we won’t play but they offer a deal that doesn’t make sense economically and they know it. I enjoy going back to campus for game days and I really wouldn’t trade it to play them. Now if it was a true neutral game or a 1-done in Gainesville, why not.

Reactions: Central Floridave
We did buy out of that game as we needed the date to open our stadium against Texas. Wish we would have rescheduled and I understand the gripe.

And I don't blame UCF for doing it. Once Spectrum was built, scheduling priorities changed.

Just don't throw that out there (speaking to the previous poster) like it's something UF regularly does and therefore are untrustworthy when history says the opposite.

This article right here is the exact reason I don’t really care to play them. They have a great program, not going to argue that, but the pompous attitude they have is nauseating.

It's Fansided. Everything I've seen from their blogs is intentionally over the top homer and intended to piss others off. I love reading Chop Chat because it's so ridiculous.

It's like a Bianchi article only Mike actually researches the things he talks about, he just loves taking extremes to get people talking.

So if we were to play at Florida Citrus Sports are the gators ok with just 6,000 tickets and we have the rest? They keep running around like we won’t play but they offer a deal that doesn’t make sense economically and they know it. I enjoy going back to campus for game days and I really wouldn’t trade it to play them. Now if it was a true neutral game or a 1-done in Gainesville, why not.

For a 2 for 1, I assume that UF would offer 6,000 for each game in Gainesville and want 12,000 for the Citrus Bowl - same setup as the USF contract.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT