ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12 officially announces championship for next season...

mattropolis

Diamond Knight
Jan 7, 2002
Are they retarded? (Rhetorical) This buys them nothing. It's going to be really funny if the first title game pits a 1 loss team against an undefeated team, and the one loss team beats them and eliminates the conference, again, from the CFP buf uf they didn't have the title game someone would have qualified. That would be the ultimate nail in thier coffin.

Reactions: 80'sKnight
Why not this year? They got NCAA approval many month ago. This will cost them several millions as well as national exposure by potential recruits. It was the original reason that fueled expansion fever. Lack of an conference championship was blamed for why the Big 12 gets left out of the national championship playoffs.

They are lost and realize they are 5 years late for the party. All the other Power conference have passed them and the clock is ticking. They are no longer relevent they should have made moves when Nebraska left for the Big 10 in June of 2010. :sunglasses:

They are lost and realize they are 5 years late for the party. All the other Power conference have passed them and the clock is ticking. They are no longer relevent they should have made moves when Nebraska left for the Big 10 in June of 2010. :sunglasses:
I sure hope not, even if we wouldn't want to join the Big12. Why? Because if their conference collapses, the best schools will mostly max out the new P-4 to 16, resulting in only 64 teams and no slots open ever again. Currently there are 10 spots potentially in those four. But Kansas, K State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma St., West Virginia, and Texas take six of those. That means we and the other candidates would have to also battle Baylor, Iowa St., TCU, Texas Tech for the remaining 4 slots. That's not a happy thought.

I sure hope not, even if we wouldn't want to join the Big12. Why? Because if their conference collapses, the best schools will mostly max out the new P-4 to 16, resulting in only 64 teams and no slots open ever again. Currently there are 10 spots potentially in those four. But Kansas, K State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma St., West Virginia, and Texas take six of those. That means we and the other candidates would have to also battle Baylor, Iowa St., TCU, Texas Tech for the remaining 4 slots. That's not a happy thought.

I think the only hope would be through an expansion of the playoff system. Nothing happens fast it may be 10 years out they need to go beyond 4 a team playoff. :sunglasses: And that doesn't mean the money will be there.

I think the only hope would be through an expansion of the playoff system. Nothing happens fast it may be 10 years out they need to go beyond 4 a team playoff. :sunglasses: And that doesn't mean the money will be there.
And with a 7 game playoff system, we wouldn't even need a regular season or conferences (or ranking).

If the Big 12 collapses, I think a new P5 will emerge from the wreckage. Combining what's left of the BIG 12 , plus all the teams mentioned for expansion this time. That may be the biggest irony.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT