ADVERTISEMENT

big brother is watching

Look, I just got a new phone on Monday. On Wednesday I leave for my trip. I am trying to get from the rental car place to a Hilton about 30 miles away and I am in Philadelphia. I go to Google Maps type in "HI" and it auto populates my hotel along with a note on the map listing with my reservation dates which I did not enter into a Google Calendar anywhere.

So Google has scraped my purchasing history with the travel site I booked with, meshed it with Google Maps search feature and done so on a device that has not yet set up my google account on, but has the same phone number as a previous device that I had.

If the DEA wants info on you, they will just ask Google since Google already has it.

Reactions: UCFhonors
Look, I just got a new phone on Monday. On Wednesday I leave for my trip. I am trying to get from the rental car place to a Hilton about 30 miles away and I am in Philadelphia. I go to Google Maps type in "HI" and it auto populates my hotel along with a note on the map listing with my reservation dates which I did not enter into a Google Calendar anywhere.

So Google has scraped my purchasing history with the travel site I booked with, meshed it with Google Maps search feature and done so on a device that has not yet set up my google account on, but has the same phone number as a previous device that I had.

If the DEA wants info on you, they will just ask Google since Google already has it.

If you got an email about the reservation that's where they got it from. I get stuff in my Google cards all the time about shipments and upcoming events I've purchased tickets to. But yes Google knows everything about us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT