ADVERTISEMENT

Big game tonight, #1 Houston visits UCF.

Central Floridave

Todd's Tiki Bar
Aug 21, 2001
7pm ESPN+ or radio. Houston needs to win to keep #1 spot/seed, UCF needs to win to maybe get into NIT.

Seminole Sports app: Houston -8.5 favorites o/u: 133.5.

Two good defensive teams. Houston kicked UCF's butt a couple weeks ago in Houston.

Go Knights.

I got to listen to Marc Daniels on his morning show today. He mentioned that the NIT has 2 Big 12 autbids. I just heard it on the side and not sure about that. But, That is interesting.

Reactions: U C to the F
Something to play for!

NIT Tournament Announces Rule Change Guaranteeing Two Bids from Big 12 Conference​

Reactions: DrPhillipsKnight
I got to listen to Marc Daniels on his morning show today. He mentioned that the NIT has 2 Big 12 autbids. I just heard it on the side and not sure about that. But, That is interesting.
Yes, somehow the Big12 has 2 NIT invites for those teams not invited beyond RPI.

Nice half defensively and some 3s made. Can’t rely on Houston to struggle from 3 in the 2nd half like they did in the 1st half though

Do we kind of own UF at this point? I feel like we have been beating them in just about every sport matchup the last few years.

Reactions: AuburnLegacy_1
I don’t know much about baseball but how are they even ranked? They have losses against a Miami and Stetson, all teams we have beaten

Houston -8.5 favorites

they win by 8. I didn't bet last night but a friend of mine bet for UCF and won. I won on the Magic game last night instead. I was too nervous to bet for UCF.

I don’t know much about baseball but how are they even ranked? They have losses against a Miami and Stetson, all teams we have beaten
Rankings will change, but mid-week games have less weight in college baseball.

Generally college baseball teams build their starting rotation for Fri-Sun games, the pitchers that start mid-week games would rarely see the mound in tournament times or conference play, except maybe as relief pitchers.

The starting pitcher for UF in last nights game has a season ERA of 19+.

Generally college baseball teams build their starting rotation for Fri-Sun games, the pitchers that start mid-week games would rarely see the mound in tournament times or conference play, except maybe as relief pitchers.
Isn't this true of UCF as well? Did UCF throw its ace against Florida or just a scrub?

Isn't this true of UCF as well? Did UCF throw its ace against Florida or just a scrub?
Regardless, you are playing a matchup that would never happen come tournament time. Like a bowl game with backup players vs. backup players. Not the same as a playoff game with starters playing.

Why does an Auburn fan concern themselves with UCF baseball?

Regardless, you are playing a matchup that would never happen come tournament time. Like a bowl game with backup players vs. backup players. Not the same as a playoff game with starters playing.

Why does an Auburn fan concern themselves with UCF baseball?
Honestly I don't.

But I also don't like when UCF fans or fans of other schools diminish UCF wins over in-state schools every dadgum time they happen.

What will the excuse be when Gus's Knights spank Florida next fall in Gainesville?

Welp, it was only because Billy Napier was on the hotseat. Always an asterisk. Why? Why can't UCF just be better?

Last edited:
Reactions: ucfversusbcs
Why can't UCF just be better? We are....SCOREBOARD...

Let the gators wallow in the swamp thinking they are progressing. Just a dumbshit reptile that really serves no purpose on this planet other than makes fine shoes and belts. Taste like chicken also.

Go Knights!

• Haha
Reactions: DrPhillipsKnight
“70/30 Keys to Success”:
FT = 70%
3pt = 30%

The numbers say we should have been in that game, and we were until like the last 10 minutes.

I was shocked at the end of the game to see us even with them in rebounds. It seemed like they got so many key rebounds keeping possessions alive. Points off turnovers was the difference, with Houston outscoring us 22-4 in that stat (even though we outscored them 14-3 on fast break points).

Doesn’t help when the refs make blatent mistakes like the 3 times Houston clearly hit the ball out of bounds but they gave them the ball.

Houston is so well coached. They didn’t ever panic, even when they were constantly passing the ball all over the court.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT