ADVERTISEMENT

Big XII commissioner Yormark visiting UCF soon

That isn't promising. Even being last to visit sucks but admittedly it's what we deserve after not being ranked the last couple of years while the other three incoming B12 teams have been ranked/have had more successes.

Still, I think it's pretty disrespectful to (a) postpone it (the only school to have been postponed/yet to be visited) and (b) not reschedule the tour within a reasonable timeframe. Out of the 4 schools, our potential may be the greatest (and even in the B12), so just because we have had a lousey couple of years, we shouldn't get treated like second hand citizens. Not a good look for the B12 Commish on his end either. AD should get on this.

I mean, unless there is a good reason...(which was not given)

Not sure I understand, but why is this such an important event? We are already in the club, what difference does it make if we are the last school he sees or if he has to reschedule? I'd rather them come to see UCF when it is nice outside vs poor weather. Do they need a reason to reschedule? Are we losing money because they swapped plane tickets? I would imagine the only thing lost would be time spent by the individual performing the tour or we made some kind of reservation for lunch/dinner at Tijuana Flats?

That isn't promising. Even being last to visit sucks but admittedly it's what we deserve after not being ranked the last couple of years while the other three incoming B12 teams have been ranked/have had more successes.

Still, I think it's pretty disrespectful to (a) postpone it (the only school to have been postponed/yet to be visited) and (b) not reschedule the tour within a reasonable timeframe. Out of the 4 schools, our potential may be the greatest (and even in the B12), so just because we have had a lousey couple of years, we shouldn't get treated like second hand citizens. Not a good look for the B12 Commish on his end either. AD should get on this.

I mean, unless there is a good reason...(which was not given)
I saw a few comments joking that he is going to kick UCF out. but seriously we have been the least impressive since the invite …living off the Frost/Milton run so we do feel like the 3rd wheel of the AAC invites

but maybe this has something to do w Expansion news

I saw a few comments joking that he is going to kick UCF out. but seriously we have been the least impressive since the invite …living off the Frost/Milton run so we do feel like the 3rd wheel of the AAC invites

but maybe this has something to do w Expansion news
Yes I'm hoping it's expansion related (and not detrimental to us). If so very good. Maybe we can host him with a 3-1 record after the GT game.

on monday we're announcing that we're staying the AAC. that has to be the reason for these overreactions so i'm going with that.

Would be nice if it’s due to conference expansion news, but more likely someone caught the vid. 0.00% chance we are at risk of having invite rescinded. That’s just silly talk. Also, maybe I’m in the minority here but don’t really care if this guy visits or not.

I'm pretty sure that since our ink is on the contract so they cannot kick us out. They could but the penalties to do so would hurt them tremendously in the short term. It would kill their credibility and with all of the movement, they don't want to be hurting in the short term. That could potentially destroy the conference as they would have to find a way to get us back into a Conference we would want to be in and we would get a hefty amount in damages as it would be detrimental to our brand. Besides, everyone in the Conference wants us on the schedule because they want Florida recruits to hear about them. They want to play in Florida just as much as we want players from GA, TX, and the South to hear about us.

On top of that, there are rumors swirling that the PAC12 will be gone in 2-3 years and that potentially, the ACC will be gone too. The BIG12 is following in the foot steps of the BIG10 and creating a coast-to-coast mega conference. If the SEC rumors are true, we will soon hear the SEC will lock down the South East and parts of Texas for Football and will poach the ACC for FSU, UM, Clemson, and UNC/VT. The BIG12 will then poach the PAC12 for teams and the ACC for the teams they want. The current rumors state the PAC12 will lose Utah, Colorado, Arizona, and Arizona State. If the ACC loses those teams, then its possible we will see Pitt, Louisville, UNC/VT, and Syracuse/NC State. Again, that is if there is any salt to these rumors.

Ahhh was Yorkman out with the B10 last week trying to make some sort of deal....?

"An offer deemed substantial enough would likely convince Big Ten presidents that California, Oregon, Stanford and Washington would be valuable additions to the league from the Pac-12. That figure is believed to be less than $100 million annually.

If the Big Ten makes such a move, it would almost certainly increase the likelihood the Big 12 is able to get some combination of Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado and Utah from the Pac-12, thus crushing the Pac-12 and hanging Oregon State and Washington State out to dry.

"If that [Big Ten move] happens, I think the other [four Pac-12] schools will want to jump to our league," said a Big 12 source familiar with the situation.

Industry chatter has Oregon State and Washington State moving to the Mountain West if the Pac-12 collapses. At that point, the MWC would replace the Pac-12 as the largest FBS conference completely located in the Mountain and Pacific Time Zones.

Adding to the intrigue, the Big Ten and Big 12 share the same media rights consultant, Endeavor, a global sports and entertainment company.

CBS Sports reported last month Endeavor was advising the Big 12 about whether it should add Pac-12 programs. Earlier this summer, CBS Sports reported the Big 12 was interested in the aforementioned "Four Corners" programs.

Since then, officials from Oregon and Washington have met with the Big Ten, according to multiple media reports. Earlier this month, Big 12 commissioner Brett Yormark said, for the first time publicly, he was interested in expanding to the Pac-12 footprint.

"Obviously going out west is where I would like to go -- entering that fourth time zone," he told The Athletic.

Whether the Big Ten expands again, the Big 12 is expected to remain interested in either two or four Pac-12 schools."

Reactions: PositYourself
I don't get it. Why is everyone itching to add, as he says, a "fourth timezone." Sounds awful. More money, but more ways to split it, so... what's the upside for Ohio State or Michigan to have Oregon and Washington or USC, other than to destroy the PAC, and with it all the benefits of having regional conferences?

Or is the idea that if they gut the PAC they can more easily get two B10 teams into the playoffs?

I hear about "TV markets" but are people in NYC now caring about B10 football just because Rutgers is their whipping boy?

Is the point that people in Oregon/Washington/CA will now care about watching the Minnesota/Wisconsin game because of conference implications?

Have the numbers borne that out in the previous realignments?

I don't get it. Why is everyone itching to add, as he says, a "fourth timezone." Sounds awful. More money, but more ways to split it, so... what's the upside for Ohio State or Michigan to have Oregon and Washington or USC, other than to destroy the PAC, and with it all the benefits of having regional conferences?

Or is the idea that if they gut the PAC they can more easily get two B10 teams into the playoffs?

I hear about "TV markets" but are people in NYC now caring about B10 football just because Rutgers is their whipping boy?

Is the point that people in Oregon/Washington/CA will now care about watching the Minnesota/Wisconsin game because of conference implications?

Have the numbers borne that out in the previous realignments?
One less P5 Conference to steal tv money.

Man can't make out with the deal with this guy. Very generic/bland. I get he doesn't have to be the biggest UCF fanboy (obviously he's the commissioner), but man he sounds like he just heard about UCF a week ago. Didn't really know all that much about us and gave very generic answers. Maybe I'm being harsh and he's not a big college football guy in general (was in the music industry before right) but like damn man you're the head of a football conference now. Would it hurt to do some basic research on the schools in your conference? A normal college football fan knows more about these teams than he does.

I have never heard of other Conference Commissioners doing this. this is something he wanted to do. Aresco went to games but don’t think he went to all the campuses like this
I only remember Aresco coming here once and that was for the conference championship....maybe gameday. I think the new commissioner in the BIG 12 is going to be really good for them. He's all about growing and building.

I only remember Aresco coming here once and that was for the conference championship....maybe gameday. I think the new commissioner in the BIG 12 is going to be really good for them. He's all about growing and building.
I remember sitting behind him at UCF basketball home game lol. I think we hosted the conference tourney that year?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT