ADVERTISEMENT

Big12 Conference plays starts for UCF mens on Saturday. First 5 games.

I’m an optimist. I see a few more wins 6-7 total which is not bad in this league. Remember West Virginia got in with a 8 seed with a less than 500 record in this conference last year (not saying that Ucf will get in the tournament with that record, but shows how strong this league is)

Houston is an extremely bad matchup for UCF. The West Virginia game will tell a lot ( but remember they just beat Kansas without their starting center.) I like the make up of this team, but they need a “go to” scorer Maybe Sellers is that guy who knows.

We will see. Charge on!

He will never see the floor.

Lets place a bet .

Goal: don't finish last cause in 2 weeks, "fans" will be calling for Dawkins head. Maybe 2 more wins esp. over OKST and surging WV?
agree..my assumption was that he thought he would get cleared to play this spring to put some tape on film to then jump to the G League.

It’s amazing if you looked at the early projections before all the Huggins chaos, West Virginia was thought of to be a top 20 team. That certainly hasn’t worked out.

West Virginia is getting outmuscled by UCF. Ucf is doing to West Virginia what Houston did to Ucf. Got to keep it up. BJ does a good job on the commentary. Like him a lot more talks about the game rather than himself

Charge on
other than the first game where we sorta were like shell shocked in our new conference, we've been way more physical than the opposition. only houston who came from AAC with us have been more physical. kelvin sampson changed the AAC and i suspect he will do the same to the Big 12.

Reactions: connerito
I was harsh on this team in Nov and Dec as they played very lackadaisical. The criticism was warranted. This is the first time in Jan I got to see them play in person. It’s like they cloned the team for Nov and Dec while the real guys continued to practice, and then rolled them out in Jan. That first half was lights out: Pressure D, attacking the rim, very physical, blocking stuff left-and-right, even finishing fast breaks, hitting FTs, etc…. A little sloppy down the stretch but they finished it out without a lot of stress.

Good job tonight!

Solid loss / win pattern since starting conference play. Perhaps some foreshadowing playing away at Cinci? 🤔

Solid loss / win pattern since starting conference play. Perhaps some foreshadowing playing away at Cinci? 🤔
Cincinnati is a lot better than its record. A bunch of tough losses too They play hard and a good coach. Another tough game and venue

I was harsh on this team in Nov and Dec as they played very lackadaisical. The criticism was warranted. This is the first time in Jan I got to see them play in person. It’s like they cloned the team for Nov and Dec while the real guys continued to practice, and then rolled them out in Jan. That first half was lights out: Pressure D, attacking the rim, very physical, blocking stuff left-and-right, even finishing fast breaks, hitting FTs, etc…. A little sloppy down the stretch but they finished it out without a lot of stress.

Good job tonight!
Crazy twist in that our 2 starters who normally share the ball handling and contribute with their scoring went 2-14 with 5 TO's and we still won by more than a dozen. That was thanks to Antwann Jones who stepped in, handled the ball under pressure and contributed 13 points (5-7 shooting) with 3 assists. Very pleasantly surprising. And, of course, both Sellers and Diallo had very solid games with 18 and 14 points, along with a bunch of rebounds and blocks by Diallo who was much more aggressive tonight than against Houston.

Reactions: mattropolis
? For those with College Basketball knowledge. I noted they showed that Baylor was playing John Brown in basketball tonight, which they weren’t. That game took place Nov 9th.

That said, why don’t conferences have a few scrub games during conference play to get break. It’s done regularly in football. Is it just tradition, do conferences have rules about it, does the NCAA have rules about this? Some other reason?

? For those with College Basketball knowledge. I noted they showed that Baylor was playing John Brown in basketball tonight, which they weren’t. That game took place Nov 9th.

That said, why don’t conferences have a few scrub games during conference play to get break. It’s done regularly in football. Is it just tradition, do conferences have rules about it, does the NCAA have rules about this? Some other reason?
there is no rule. it's why teams like gonzaga in weak conferences can play an OOC game in february (this year against kentucky on the 10th). in their case it's not to play a cupcake it's to play a strong team to help their rating.

a few years back there use to be a bracket buster tournament for mid-major teams in feb where they could play other strong mid-majors to help improve their RPI rating.

Reactions: mattropolis
Big 12 schedules games every Saturday and either Tuesday or Wednesday. If you want to play a 3rd game I’m assuming you could. You just don’t want to add a game where injuries and fatigue could occur.

Many more of these and I’ll have to start paying attention to BB for the first time since Tacko left.

Diallo is the best portal player Ucf has ever had. This guy just changes the game on that defensive end with his block shots and rebounding

Last edited:
UCF @Cinci 7pm ESPN+

UCF 6.5 road dogs. ESPN predictor has cinci 66.9 percent chance of winning.

I don't think UCF wins but thinking of putting a dollar on UCF with the points.

UCF @Cinci 7pm ESPN+

UCF 6.5 road dogs. ESPN predictor has cinci 66.9 percent chance of winning.

I don't think UCF wins but thinking of putting a dollar on UCF with the points.
Cincinnati is extremely disciplined with a real good coach. Playing at Cincinnati has its benefits obviously. See this as a real tough game. if they come out with the win tonight, it’s real big

Houston is currently destroying Kansas State.

There is a logjam in the middle of the conference rankings. Yes, this is a big game for both teams UCF and Cinci.

We don't beat Cinci very often, that is why I don't think UCF will win. but, maybe under the spread. I'm putting a buck on it just to make it interesting. I'll post ESPN+ link closer to 7pm.

UCF loss to Houston doesn't look as bad now!

No. 4 Houston beats Kansas State 74-52 for its fourth straight victory​

Avery is having a needed big game without the firepower Ucf usually has with the starters out. He’s a pretty talented guy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT