ADVERTISEMENT

Bigger game for Gus or JRP?

ucf1

Bronze Knight
Gold Member
Dec 17, 2001
Around the Kingdom: Join Eric Lopez and Trace Trylko as they debate some of the current topics surrounding UCF Athletics.

In this episode, the guys look ahead to the UCF-Oklahoma game and determine who has more at stake? Gus or JRP?

And what about Oklahoma, is this a revenge game for Dillon Gabriel or Jeff Lebby?

Plus: We now know the Gus buyout, do we need more SEC talent, who is the first half MVP, and, beard or no beard.

30 Minutes. Click here to watch.

Around the Kingdom: Join Eric Lopez and Trace Trylko as they debate some of the current topics surrounding UCF Athletics.

In this episode, the guys look ahead to the UCF-Oklahoma game and determine who has more at stake? Gus or JRP?

And what about Oklahoma, is this a revenge game for Dillon Gabriel or Jeff Lebby?

Plus: We now know the Gus buyout, do we need more SEC talent, who is the first half MVP, and, beard or no beard.

30 Minutes. Click here to watch.
Boys getting boat raced by trash teams and debating the facial grooming of some random. Welp.

I still don't get the talk about a revenge game ? Revenge for what ? For a better NIL deal ? I can see maybe one day Lebby coaching the Knights as the head ball coach .

Gus just got a raise and a guaranteed contract. Bro is already retired, coaching UCF for fun.

JRP this is the game of his life.

way way bigger for JRP.

Both.

Gus on a personal level since he lost the QB who is arguable one of the best QBs in college football right now (and showing it against top competition) while his QB now is not even slightly up to par.

JRP needs something to work otherwise he isn't going to be a starter or be here next year, let alone the NFL.

Reactions: Knight59
Both.

Gus on a personal level since he lost the QB who is arguable one of the best QBs in college football right now (and showing it against top competition) while his QB now is not even slightly up to par.

JRP needs something to work otherwise he isn't going to be a starter or be here next year, let alone the NFL.
I don't think it would be good for UCF Football for JRP to be here next year. He is not the solution to anything.

Gus may be on cruise control, but this is a big game for him because all coaches care about their legacy. The dichotomy on the field Saturday between Gabriel -- who he lost -- and JRP -- who he has promoted and protected at all costs -- will be a testament to what Gus has done at UCF and where he stands in college football. It's modern football v. old school football, and he's currently on the wrong side. Gabriel and Milton were recruited out of HS and developed by Gus's younger predecessors at UCF in their first years. Gus is in Year 3 and still running with a re-tread converted WR who can't stay healthy.

Reactions: ucffan642 and Yaes
I don't think it would be good for UCF Football for JRP to be here next year. He is not the solution to anything.
I agree. I think we need to recruit a good QB and develop them. I'd like to see Hinshaw find a QB that fits his offense and style. Someone that he is invested in getting out on the field. Unless we are pulling in a grad transfer or senior, I don't want to see UCF pull a young QB from the portal to lead the team over several years.

Gus just got a raise and a guaranteed contract. Bro is already retired, coaching UCF for fun.

JRP this is the game of his life.

way way bigger for JRP.
Hope he’s gonna be happy playing only a quarter or so. Betting line says he’s out before halftime.

If he is you can bet there are multiple entries into the portal from our QB room and rightfully so. No way I’d stay and not play another year. Tires will come off the Gus Bus.

Reactions: Yaes
Somehow, the draft people are still in on JRP. Looks like he’ll get a senior bowl invite no matter what

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT