ADVERTISEMENT

Biggest Draw (football) in the Big12?

LoboCane

Silver Knight
Aug 27, 2021
It’s Colorado and it will remain that way for a year or two until Deion leaves. Then the Buffs will just be more dead weight.

The best football program is Utah and the biggest national draw is Colorado…sadly there’s nobody else in the conference that will draw considerable nationwide interest. #SkoBuffs

I hope you are right and the 'buffs stay more dead weight'. I could care less about them.

I've been to Boulder many times and it's a beautiful city. I'd recommend going to a game there.

Deion probably retiring after his sons move on to the NFL. Just guessing though.

Utah has been consistently good. Thru the Urban Meyer's days to current.

How you draw 'considerable nationwide interest' depends on many things. Being a State school with the logo on it helps. That draws in non-alumni for pride of living in that State. Another, way is to consistently win. Also, to maintain in the national media eyes. Having a long tradition of college athletics helps as well. Like Notre Dame. Even if they are losing they are still on nationwide coverage of NBC.

For UCF, we are a young University. Alumni base is growing. Probably the fastest in the nation. We don't have the draw yet, but we will get there. I was so proud being in the Atlanta Peach Bowl a few years back and there were a ton of UCF fans there! Auburn, I think, outnumbered us in fans but we held our own. UCF has always been on an upward trend, ie. reaching for the stars.... I can see us in the NFL East Division in ten years. LOL. :p :p :p

Has UCF's record of most attending a Saturday ESPN gameday been broken since? I haven't been keeping track.

That was some scene then. I'm glad I woke up early and got over there for that. That was a bucket list thing to do as a UCF fan! I hope they bring it back and have a reason to.

Colorado is a hot topic when they are winning. Once they lose a couple no one cares. I hope they win until we beat them.
They literally won 4 games last years and EVERYONE cares. Colorado will be the flagship of the Big 12 as long as Deion is there.

They literally won 4 games last years and EVERYONE cares. Colorado will be the flagship of the Big 12 as long as Deion is there.
I am glad he is there because fans do care, that said I personally could care less about Deion. I was a FSU fan when I was younger and was a Deion fan because I was an FSU fan. Really didn't follow him after that.

Has UCF's record of most attending a Saturday ESPN gameday been broken since? I haven't been keeping track.
What I recall is that UCF set the record for the most Gameday signs (who knew they kept track of stuff like that.)

Believe it or not, the Gameday attendance record was broken last season in Harrisonburg, VA at James Madison University. They drew 26,000 people. Prior to that, the record was previously held by Mizzou in 2010 with 18,000 and Nebraska (2001) with 15,800 fans.

Reactions: Central Floridave
If Deion continues to lose the majority of the classes he brings in a year after they arrive, very few players will fall for his charismatic recruiting pitch…..especially if they’re not winning. His bad mouthing players when they leave is not a good look when trying to land potential recruits. Makes him look fake and not trustworthy when he’s talking with a recruit about his future role on his team.

Winning football is the biggest draw in every conference, period. So my question is, if you gave each Big XII team an undefeated season going into November and a Top Ten Ranking, which of those programs would generate the most CFB interest (media & fan interest) nationally?

My rankings are within four levels:
Top tier: Colorado, UCF, Cincinnati and Kansas.
Second tier: Kansas State, ASU, Utah, and Iowa State.
Third tier: TCU, Okie State, Houston, and Arizona
Fourth tier: Baylor, BYU, Texas Tech, and West Virginia

Reactions: 250vertical
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT