ADVERTISEMENT

Biggest lead we've ever blown at the Bounce House?

But UCF is playing more of a Big Dawg schedule nowadays.

If you want to be thought of as a Big Dawg, Knight fans have got to play their part.

You'd THINK most big-time comebacks are made at home. It's no coincidence that road teams that have scored huge comeback wins have done it against schools like Miami, Northwestern, and Wash St---programs well-known for their lukewarm fan support when things aren't going well.
I’d argue that Baylor 2023 is not a giant draw. Not like Pitt 2018 or Stanford 2019 or something. UCF had 3 or 4 home games with just as much hype in 2022.

I’d argue that Baylor 2023 is not a giant draw. Not like Pitt 2018 or Stanford 2019 or something. UCF had 3 or 4 home games with just as much hype in 2022.
Baylor is not a big draw, but first B12 home game in history should be. This is all the program/university has been talking about for years.

I would also start to question who is a big draw... not Iowa State, Texas Tech, Kansas. Houston/Cincinnati is nothing new, Oklahoma State is in a free fall. TCU/BYU/Kansas State/West Virginia is not marquee names to make huge impacts, if the program can't get excited for Baylor.

Last edited:
Baylor is not a big draw, but first B12 home game in history should be. This is all the program/university has been talking about for years.
I think the mystique of a power 5 home game opponent has worn off. Particularly when it is one of the worst P5 programs historically and a team that is 1-3 with no FBS wins. Add in the fact that it was a 35-7 blowout and people had been in the sun for 5 hours, I’m not gonna hold it against people who left.

I think the mystique of a power 5 home game opponent has worn off. Particularly when it is one of the worst P5 programs historically and a team that is 1-3 with no FBS wins. Add in the fact that it was a 35-7 blowout and people had been in the sun for 5 hours, I’m not gonna hold it against people who left.
Sorry but its weak-azz sauce to start saying the Big12 mystique has worn off....THIS IS OUR INAUGURAL BIG12 SEASON FFS!

Stop the excuses and attend and stay for the game. Period.

Reactions: Yaes
Sorry but its weak-azz sauce to start saying the Big12 mystique has worn off....THIS IS OUR INAUGURAL BIG12 SEASON FFS!

Stop the excuses and attend and stay for the game. Period.
Not sure what you are trying to will into existence. If it was an exciting team and opponent, people would attend and stay for the game. It wasn't. And you saw the results. I never said that was my personal preferred outcome. Just explaining the reality to you.

Not sure what you are trying to will into existence. If it was an exciting team and opponent, people would attend and stay for the game. It wasn't. And you saw the results. I never said that was my personal preferred outcome. Just explaining the reality to you.
Ok so if we aren't playing FSU, UM, UF, Ohio State, Michigan, Texas, Oregon Bama or LSU, we shouldn't expect much of a crowd? Got it.

Last edited:
I'm a bit flummoxed by the responses (excuses) being made here. Baylor was a CONFERENCE opponent for crying out loud -- the FIRST one at home.

At real Big Dawg programs, the fans would never be tempted to leave during a blow-out win. They'd damn sure want to stick around to watch the nails being driven into the coffin. That's considered dessert for most diehard CFB fans.

Leaving halfway through the game is such a West Coast thing.

I'm a bit flummoxed by the responses (excuses) being made here. Baylor was a CONFERENCE opponent for crying out loud -- the FIRST one at home.

At real Big Dawg programs, the fans would never be tempted to leave during a blow-out win. They'd damn sure want to stick around to watch the nails being driven into the coffin. That's considered dessert for most diehard CFB fans.

According to @hemightbejeremy , it happens everywhere...you're just too stubborn to accept it. :D

According to @hemightbejeremy , it happens everywhere...you're just too stubborn to accept it. :D
I, of course, never said such a thing. But thanks for thinking of me. Some programs have die hards 100k strong. UCF is not that program. You seem to take great offense to me simply stating the reality that is occurring. And the reality that you are whining about.

The mystique of a power 5 home game "has worn off"??? IT WAS OUR FIRST BIG12 game!

You're just wrong but I'll move on.

The mystique of a power 5 home game "has worn off"??? IT WAS OUR FIRST BIG12 game!

You're just wrong but I'll move on.
If I’m wrong then what was there to complain about with the fans against Baylor? The reason you are complaining is because the reality that I stated is true. I didn’t say I liked the reality.

It has been said in multiple threads it wasn’t just leaving early it is how early
We haven’t built up the base of die hards to pack a stadium against a 1-3 team for a midday game we lead 35-7. It’s simply the reality. If we were ranked or playing a good opponent maybe things would be different (though even in 2017 when ranked and undefeated we had similar issues). It’s simply the reality of the fan base at this point in time. Putting an exciting product out there and playing quality opponents will help. Begging on Twitter probably won’t.

Reactions: Nautiknight

During the heyday, Memorial Stadium, in Lincoln was routinely near empty in 4th quarter blowouts.

It happens everywhere.

Putting an exciting product out there and playing quality opponents will help. Begging on Twitter probably won’t.
this is true as well. our brand of football isn’t as exciting the last few years and I think it might be part of the ratings dip too, fs1 isn’t the only reason

I blame all those weak, everyone gets a trophy Gen Z students. Lol. I am 55. I was in the sun all day and stayed until the end. Clearly, it's because they are weak and had no safe space from the mean Olde sun . 😆

It was largely the students who left and it happens every where especially when you're up 35-7 and seemingly driving for another easy 7. I don't blame them for leaving or the loss . I know this if you want them to come back and pack the house for West Virginia you don't blame them for the poor performance of the team. Who wants that hate in their life? 😆

Reactions: Poolside Knight
I blame all those weak, everyone gets a trophy Gen Z students. Lol. I am 55. I was in the sun all day and stayed until the end. Clearly, it's because they are weak and had no safe space from the mean Olde sun . 😆

It was largely the students who left and it happens every where especially when you're up 35-7 and seemingly driving for another easy 7. I don't blame them for leaving or the loss . I know this if you want them to come back and pack the house for West Virginia you don't blame them for the poor performance of the team. Who wants that hate in their life? 😆
I think they are really more "drinkers, tailgaters & party goers" than real football fans. Until that changes they will keep leaving early. However, I can't say I never left a game early for various reasons but mostly if I'm really, really, really bored.

Last edited:
F7niB0-XMAAHnhy.jpg
this is the most negative college football news cycle for UCF in a while . Great job Gus

take out the 2020 no fan COVID year and we had one of the best home field advantages/records in America.

That seems gone under Gus and the conference change isn’t an excuse . ex Navy

Only you fail to acknowledge the AAC conference was much deeper and more talented toward the end than in the Frost and Heupel years as evident by multiple teams now being P5 members.

How many AAC teams joined the P5 during the Frost and Heupel years?

Only you fail to acknowledge the AAC conference was much deeper and more talented toward the end than in the Frost and Heupel years as evident by multiple teams now being P5 members.

How many AAC teams joined the P5 during the Frost and Heupel years?
2017 AAC was much deeper than 2022 .

2017 AAC was much deeper than 2022 .

I cannot comment as it was before my time. But I do agree with the take below that UCF "doesn't have the soldiers" yet.

"UCF: I love Gus Malzahn, and I love what George O'Leary, Scott Frost and Josh Heupel did before him -- with the program. But the AAC has gotten deeper. UCF doesn't have the soldiers to keep up this season (get back to me when the Knights go to the Big 12), while Cincinnati and Houston are simply too good. -- Dennis Dodd (also Shehan Jeyarajah, Jerry Palm)"

Source:

Also, you are talking about one season. Could the teams in the AAC in 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019, and/or 2017 beat themselves in 2022? I have no idea.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT