ADVERTISEMENT

Biggest UCF basketball win ever?

Highest ranked team UCF has ever beaten on the road

There’s your signature win boys

Dawkins is our coach for awhile

Glad Dawkins finally started coaching and the players finally started like the way we have been saying we need to. (yes, the sarcasm is thick..)
I’ll let bigger UCF basketball fans answer this

Houston is a ridiculously great team. Even moreso at home

Ticket punched to NCAA tournament

Excited for Thursday vs Cincinnati

Given the circumstances, I say yes.

Reactions: Mikesi
A win to make the sweet 16 would be a greater win than this. Maybe not just a first round win.

A tournament win is just one win that we never have had. Doesn’t mean a much as this game, but a win to make the sweet 16> this win IMO

Last edited:
Reactions: UCFhonors
I think the team is playing their best at just the right time. Hopefully we can stay healthy and continue to improve. If we win out, we could move off the 11 line. Continue playing defense like we have been and we are going to be a very tough out in the tournament

This is our biggest win in program history.

What’s also really important is that we are playing the best basketball that I have seen play. So much to be proud of and excited for.

Last edited:
Bubble watch results from Saturday
UCF -- beat Houston 69-64: The Knights picked up a huge win for their tournament resume, ending Houston's 33-game home winning streak. If not for the difficulty of their remaining schedule, they would be off the bubble. Suffice to say, one more win should do it.

Temple has a must win vs Temple today.

Florida -- lost to Georgia 55-61: Florida has put its tournament hopes in jeopardy with a loss to the Bulldogs, which is the Gators' worst defeat of the season. Now, at 17-12 with games left against LSU and Kentucky, Florida may struggle just to put together a good enough record to be selected.

2 things I want all UCFans to remember are

1. There are and have always been 9 High Major Conferences. Sports pundits who use / say P5 in basketball need to put on the Dunce hat. 5 of the last 8 NCs have been won by teams in the Big East or AAC. Gonzonga is the over all 1 seed right now for Christ’s sake.

2. I forgot. It’ll come back to me after this celebratory beer. I’m sure of it.

2. Now I remember. Last year 5 teams got at large bids with Losing conference records. The most ever. The new NET rankings hopefully stops that stupidity but could make it worse. It’s something to watch out for. We as Freakin’ Americans need to stop rewarding Losing. That’s bad for our sports. Bad for our society. And very bad for our kids and UCFuture generations. Stop rewarding losing.

#UCFacts

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight Strength
We are now a 9 seed in CBSS bracketology and 10 in ESP5Ns.

I actually want the 10th seed spot in Jacksonville regional. How about everyone else. What seed and where do you want?

1. There are and have always been 9 High Major Conferences. Sports pundits who use / say P5 in basketball need to put on the Dunce hat. 5 of the last 8 NCs have been won by teams in the Big East or AAC. Gonzonga is the over all 1 seed right now for Christ’s sake.

#UCFacts
CBB is way different than CFB. Its a regular occurance for a team like Murray St or Davidson to be in the elite 8. Thats the best part of college basketball to me.

I actually want the 10th seed spot in Jacksonville regional. How about everyone else. What seed and where do you want?
7 or 10 would be better than 8-9. Can still get to 7 with the games left and with potential for some tough opponents in the conference tourney.

CBB is way different than CFB. Its a regular occurance for a team like Murray St or Davidson to be in the elite 8. Thats the best part of college basketball to me.

That’s what happens when you have a legit Tournament/ playoff, my husky UCFriend.

Football could have that too. We just need a rules based legit playoff. 16 is not enough. Yes, we need all the 10 Conference Champions. But the only way that will happens is if the sec and Big 10 get their way with their 3rd maybe 4th best teams in the Playoffs.

But we agree. Basketball still has it flaws. But their and all other NCAA sports have legit playoffs which are all way better than the BS that only FBS has.

That’s what happens when you have a legit Tournament/ playoff, my husky UCFriend.

Football could have that too. We just need a rules based legit playoff. 16 is not enough. Yes, we need all the 10 Conference Champions. But the only way that will happens is if the sec and Big 10 get their way with their 3rd maybe 4th best teams in the Playoffs.

But we agree. Basketball still has it flaws. But their and all other NCAA sports have legit playoffs which are all way better than the BS that only FBS has.
The CWS is still the funnest event/format of all major college sports but the tourney is way better than the CFP

7 or 10 would be better than 8-9. Can still get to 7 with the games left and with potential for some tough opponents in the conference tourney.

Completely ageee.

Can we get to 7? Absolutely!!!! This is so exciting. This is what being in a really good conference does. It gives us opportunities to move up.

Now, I’m not saying we will. I think it will take a lot to move to 7 like winning the last 2 and 2 in the tourney.

I would love to be a 10 seed facing Loserville in Jacksonville which is what ESPN has us right now.

1-6 is prime. If not that you want to be 11-14. 7-10 and 15 ,16 you have to play top 2 seeds in either first or 2nd game barring upsets.

The CWS is still the funnest event/format of all major college sports but the tourney is way better than the CFP

Right! CWS is 2nd worse to FBS for post season format.

I saw some crazy stat that the team who hosts the Regional and Super Regional has like 85% chance of making it to Omaha. That might not seem bad on paper. But here in FL, we can ranked in the top 25 and have to go to #1 uf yuck or FSU or Miami. Our chances of making it to Omaha are ver small. Smaller than our chances than making a NY6 bolw game.

So yeah. Baseballs postseason needs to be fixed also.

2. Now I remember. Last year 5 teams got at large bids with Losing conference records. The most ever. The new NET rankings hopefully stops that stupidity but could make it worse. It’s something to watch out for. We as Freakin’ Americans need to stop rewarding Losing. That’s bad for our sports. Bad for our society. And very bad for our kids and UCFuture generations. Stop rewarding losing.

#UCFacts
Some BS I heard was letting Indiana in because they beat Mich State twice. They lost to everyone else though. I think they lost 9 straight.

Right! CWS is 2nd worse to FBS for post season format.

I saw some crazy stat that the team who hosts the Regional and Super Regional has like 85% chance of making it to Omaha. That might not seem bad on paper. But here in FL, we can ranked in the top 25 and have to go to #1 uf yuck or FSU or Miami. Our chances of making it to Omaha are ver small. Smaller than our chances than making a NY6 bolw game.

So yeah. Baseballs postseason needs to be fixed also.
I wasnt talking about regionals/super regionals, just the CWS. Even if your favorite team isnt there, its a trip worth taking. Baseball fans in general are much more fun to hang around with than bball or football fans because they just enjoy the experience. You tailgate, go to a game, go back to a tailgate, then go to another game, then head to the bar or restaraunt, all the while you're doing the whole thing with fans of different teams who just love the game. It really is a lot of fun.

I wasnt talking about regionals/super regionals, just the CWS. Even if your favorite team isnt there, its a trip worth taking. Baseball fans in general are much more fun to hang around with than bball or football fans because they just enjoy the experience. You tailgate, go to a game, go back to a tailgate, then go to another game, then head to the bar or restaraunt, all the while you're doing the whole thing with fans of different teams who just love the game. It really is a lot of fun.
Hm good to know

Good to know. I have Miss State friends who went and had a blast.

My baseball bucket list item is to go to the LLWS.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT