ADVERTISEMENT

Black or white for the game.

Players wearing all back for a 3:30 PM in Florida weather while fans wear white. Absolute genius….who came up with this? Malzahn?

• Haha
Reactions: Poolside Knight
I’m guessing we asked Baylor to wear white and they said no. So we invited all the boys from Fiesta.

They should have wore the exact same uniforms from the bowl team in homage. That would have been a cool throwback at the perfect time. I bet it would have gotten some media pub/mentions too.

Reactions: CBlackwellRN
It's the visiting teams right in the NCAA to wear white. The away team can always veto us. This was discussed in the media (or somewhere) when the same happened when Pitt came here for a day game in September.

Makes more sense to do white out later in season, no road team is going to voluntarily wear dark colors in September.

Well maybe a coach who wouldn't allow his team to use heaters in a northern winter game.

Makes more sense to do white out later in season, no road team is going to voluntarily wear dark colors in September.

Well maybe a coach who wouldn't allow his team to use heaters in a northern winter game.

The Kent State game back in August would have been more advantageous because you aren't supposed to wear white after Labor Day.

The game hasn't even kicked off yet and Baylor is already exerting its will, and UCF is defenseless.

Last edited:
Another reason why we are a work in progress when it comes to moving up in conference, we struggle to even get our fans colors right!

Casuals watching on TV and see the crowd in white and Baylor in white will assume they are home team. It's not that big of a deal but I just wish it made sense. Rule about visiting teams wearing white unless they agree to change is weird. I get that they need to plan to pack the right gear, but just make the rule that the home team notifies the away team 10 days prior what the home team is wearing and to plan accordingly.

It’s weird that the visiting team gets to decide. Didn’t Boise choose to wear all blue?
Away teams choose, generally home teams wear a non-white jersey. Visiting teams wear white. Thats why doing a black out for night games is popular.

It’s weird that the visiting team gets to decide. Didn’t Boise choose to wear all blue?
OOC games it may be part of contract. Money, uniform colors, 1 for one, 2 for 1 is all negotiated. In conference you would think they’d accommodate. In future they may ask for a certain favor and we say no now.

Correct on this.

You are mixing your narratives. You are saying Baylor is trash and UCF shouldn't even show up. I am saying Baylor is better than its record indicates, and the Knights are going to need insurance on the Bounce House with mayhem coming to town.

• Haha
Reactions: Nautiknight
You are mixing your narratives. You are saying Baylor is trash and UCF shouldn't even show up. I am saying Baylor is better than its record indicates, and the Knights are going to need insurance on the Bounce House with mayhem coming to town.

All that matters is if Baylor can run the ball.
If you run the ball you can beat us. (see NavyX2).

We cannot allow anyone to run over us like KState did last weekend. The blueprint is now out, can Baylor execute?

All that matters is if Baylor can run the ball.
If you run the ball you can beat us. (see NavyX2).

We cannot allow anyone to run over us like KState did last weekend. The blueprint is now out, can Baylor execute?

This is true.

If a team can outrush UCF by shutting down the Knights' running game OR by slicing through the UCF run defense like hot butter OR by a combination of both, then UCF is in trouble.

In EVERY UCF loss since 2021, the Knights have been outrushed...

Louisville '21; 212-191
Louisville '22, 226-207
Navy '21, 348-148
Navy '22, 248-84
SMU, 241-124
Cincinnati, 336-155
Tulane, 254-145
Duke, 177-128
ECU, 147-130
K-State, 281-143

Last edited:
Reactions: LemmyKilmister
This is true.

If a team can outrush UCF by shutting down the Knights' running game OR by slicing through the UCF run defense like hot butter OR by a combination of both, then UCF is in trouble.

In EVERY UCF loss since 2021, the Knights have been outrushed...

Louisville '21; 212-191
Louisville '22, 226-207
Navy '21, 348-148
Navy '22, 248-84
SMU, 241-124
Cincinnati, 336-155
Tulane, 254-145
Duke, 177-128
ECU, 147-130
K-State, 281-143
Likewise, pick any team in college football and if you can run 200 plus yards and pass for 150 more you should beat them. This logic pretty much applies to all of college football . The caveat is you have to have a modicum amount of defense to prevent the other guy doing it back to you. 😆

Even with the gashing you take away 2 key knuckle head penalties and Timmy's two lapses of judgement (INT/running out of bounds) and we still had a chance.

In this league it appears the margin of error is way mo smaller than AAC.

Go Knights!!!!

Reactions: U C to the F
Even with the gashing you take away 2 key knuckle head penalties and Timmy's two lapses of judgement (INT/running out of bounds) and we still had a chance.

In this league it appears the margin of error is way mo smaller than AAC.

Go Knights!!!!

UCF likely lost points on RJ Harvey's fumble, Kobi Hudson's dropped catch, and Colton Boomer's missed field goal. All those mistakes add up against a quality opponent.

It still pisses me off that Baylor wore Black and Gold uniforms at the Fiesta Bowl. When I'm at the game tomorrow I will be wearing an old black Fiesta Bowl Champion t-shirt with cracked screen printing.

Reactions: U C to the F
You people were told to wear white. You people were also told that you were Colley champs.

Plies called out Gus Malzon…he’s right tho. Malzon is on the hot seat.

Plies called out Gus Malzon…he’s right tho. Malzon is on the hot seat.

Never heard of that "Goon."

Plies_%28rapper%29.jpg

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT