ADVERTISEMENT

Bleacher Report Prediction on Peach Bowl

KMF-UCF

Golden Knight
Gold Member
Sep 4, 2007
Orlando, FL
celebritybrandingagency.com
Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl: No. 12 UCF (12-0) vs. No. 7 Auburn (10-3)

Game info: Monday, Jan. 1, 12:30 p.m. ET (ESPN)

The eye test is important. Stats are essential. Some things, however, are not quantifiable. It's fair to expect that Central Florida, in its final game with Scott Frost as head coach, will open the Peach Bowl as a motivated group. Sustaining that will be key, and we'll trust the physicality of Auburn to ultimately win out. But the Tigers will need all four quarters to hold off a spirited effort.

Prediction: Auburn 34, UCF 24

I think that is probably a good guess. We will be the best Offense they see, but they will be best Defense we have seen.
When UH was great n scoring boat loads of points we beat them by slowing things down and pounding them into submission. I am afraid we may get GOL'd.

Reactions: Happy Hands
That seems about right. 24 points would be a heck of a lot more than some other quality teams have put up against them. I don’t expect a bunch of 50-70 yard plays, but we should be able to pass on them when MM is on the move for several “chunk” plays

That being said, I’m going to Atlanta looking
for a win. I wouldn’t bet against my team and there are absolutely no consolation prizes for a loss. I wouldn’t be surprised if we scored 35-38 on Auburn either. Remember that UCF can wear down a team and for the most part, we have scored a lot of points on teams except Navy when our starters played 60 minutes. The only thing that I’m worried about is our offensive line and the tackling. We aren’t going to be able to miss tackles and expect to run down SEC skill position players.

Our program has moved past the days of consolation loses. Never again.

I think our skill players are as good or better than any they have seen this year. Granted UGA and Alabama have some very high level skill athletes and Auburn has handled them well, but as an offensive unit I think UCF match up well.

On paper I see no glaring holes on the defense(apart from depth, I guess), but they have underperformed most of this year. If they can correct this, we could have a game.

I predict that this bowl season we will see more G5 teams beating P5 teams like yesterdays win by Boise State over Oregon. The gap is closing :)

Auburn is a very good team hopefully we can find some matches that will allow UCF some big plays. They will key on Smith, Maybe we will see a big game for Jordan Akins?:sunglasses:

Auburn is a very good team hopefully we can find some matches that will allow UCF some big plays. They will key on Smith, Maybe we will see a big game for Jordan Akins?:sunglasses:
Absolutely. It’s all about matchups

Both those guys need some quality NFL draft film vs an SEC defense

Similar to Josh Robinson vs AJ Green in the 2010 Liberty Bowl

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT