ADVERTISEMENT

Border security disaster

Phew. Glad you made it through the night. I was worried there for a second. Can you add Biden to the title so I can get an accurate count of BDS threads using the search function?

Phew. Glad you made it through the night. I was worried there for a second. Can you add Biden to the title so I can get an accurate count of BDS threads using the search function?
Troll level 3/10. No comment on the topic, all you want to do is talk about me.

You didn’t even make a comment on your own topic. You posted 2 tweets. And made a brand new BDS thread. Why do you think you deserve comment on something you are to lazy to provide commentary on yourself?
I didn't say a word about Biden, so why do you assume this disaster is on his shoulders?

anchorman-brick.gif

• Haha
Reactions: UCFBS
Glad you're back. No one generates more insulting responses than you ... 1:10, if not 1:20 ... easily. Even when I disagree with you, and I do often being a Libertarian, not a Republican (or Democrat for that matter in the case of others), I try to treat you with respect.

So ... I fully expect none of them to take their insults to The Parking Lot either, despite the efforts of @UCFloridaTech .
The Parking Lot is a community platform to help minimize thread bloating... Consider it a 1st Ammendment Safespace for all this forum.

Kindly direct and encourage all posters providing unrelated content to that location.

Glad you're back. No one generates more insulting responses than you ... 1:10, if not 1:20 ... easily. Even when I disagree with you, and I do often being a Libertarian, not a Republican (or Democrat for that matter in the case of others), I try to treat you with respect.

So ... I fully expect none of them to take their insults to The Parking Lot either, despite the efforts of @UCFloridaTech .
It's kinda fun making them go REEEEEEE!

Do we even really have a border at this point? No wonder the CBP officers are all ready to quit.

This total insanity. I expect there has been a more inept President at sometime in our history, but have no clue who it would be.

I was a young adult under Carter, that was a fiasco. But he was great compared to this clown.

• Love
I was a young adult under Carter, that was a fiasco. But he was great compared to this clown.
Carter also, actually did something real and lasting to earn his Peace Prize. My how far the tree has fallen since!

Although the one tangeable thing that has happened since are now all the Middle East countries who now recognize Israel diplomatically as well ... all happened under or as a result of the Trump administration.

"In 2020, Israel signed agreements establishing diplomatic relations with four Arab League countries, Bahrain, the United Arab Emirates, Sudan and Morocco."

But I seriously doubt the Swedes are going to give the Peace Prize to anyone in the Trump adminstration, despite those results.

Well I don't think anyone saw this one coming
I think some of it blew over as well. I read Trump added about 50 miles to the 600-700 miles that were already there. I think the entire border is 1700 miles. Most illegal immigrants come as tourists anyway.

Most illegal immigrants come as tourists anyway.
In the past, yes. But that hasn't been true for awhile.

And virtually all deaths happen that by those who cross the border. But we didn't care about that until Trump became President, and we actually staffed the CBP and ICE enough so they could serve a far more humanitarian purpose.

It's ironic how that fact doesn't get covered, along with the 'messaging' that causes the mass surges. I'm shocked more on the left aren't getting it ... like their actual representatives. We really have a massively ****ed up police.

I'll give Trump one credit though, shortly after he took office in 2017 ...

He wanted to address the Dreamers in exchange for clamping down on all the incentives that have caused the border issues since 2013, and the overwhelming of faith-based charities (you know, the actual entities who resettle them, which is not the government) who said the rate is causing a crisis.

The left gave him the middle finger, and had no interest in meeting him half-way. Even Libertarians were hopeful that he would drop the wall bit, and actually start with embracing the Dreamers, which he was sincere about. But nope. So then Trump went full hard stop ...

Especially after it came out that 5-10% of kids that cross the border aren't even with their parents, and being trafficked ... even though that's always been the case, but the US Media blamed Trump solely for it. But then he knee-jerked and separated parents from kids, which meant 90-95% of legitimate parents and ...

We started talking about 'drinking out of toilets' because 'Environmentalists' AOC doesn't understand how Environmentally-friendly plumbing works. No wonder we're ****ed, because the more hard-lined people like Trump gets, the more stupid the left gets.

That's why I'm sick of both parties right now. No compromises, just full ****ing self-defeating stupidity. We don't actually have immigration either, but this cluster**** of anti-meritocratic non-sense the left loves. The US isn't supposed to be meritocratic, unlike all our allies, but we're actually the opposite, anti-meritocratic, which is even more stupid too.

I think some of it blew over as well. I read Trump added about 50 miles to the 600-700 miles that were already there. I think the entire border is 1700 miles. Most illegal immigrants come as tourists anyway.
Trump built about 400 miles, and repaired or replaced a bunch of the 350 miles that were already there. They had about another 300 planned which would have covered the easiest most crossed areas.

And 49 miles were added. The other 400 miles were replacing shorter structures already in place with the taller fence. Hence why I said he added 49 miles. Bringing it from 649 to near 700 miles. But the border is 1700 miles long with the vast majority being open desert. Which is why the “build the wall” chants were dumb to a lot of people. The majority of the border without a wall (aka fence) is so remote and isolated that construction in these areas isn’t practical anyway. There are no roads or points of entry anywhere nearby.

It was about making the easiest areas to cross much harder. The border control wanted about 600 to 700 miles added. It was about funneling people to legal crossings. Yes people can get over the fence, but it is difficult and doesn't allow for mass crossing. There is large parts of the border that are hard to cross and no wall is needed.

It was about making the easiest areas to cross much harder. The border control wanted about 600 to 700 miles added. It was about funneling people to legal crossings. Yes people can get over the fence, but it is difficult and doesn't allow for mass crossing. There is large parts of the border that are hard to cross and no wall is needed.
Aren’t there more crossings now than before the wall (fence) was “improved”

Aren’t there more crossings now than before the wall (fence) was “improved”
Biden welcomed them in, and they are coming. Heck even if the catch you they get processed and put on train or plane to where they want to go. The #s went crazy after Biden took office, and that was not an accident.

Biden welcomed them in, and they are coming. Heck even if the catch you they get processed and put on train or plane to where they want to go. The #s went crazy after Biden took office, and that was not an accident.
What do you mean by welcoming? Did he remove the fences?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT