ADVERTISEMENT

Bought a house, need a fence. Suggestions for fence company? Screw Angie's List.

If you're installing it new, you'll also need to pull a permit and for that you'll need a survey and you'll need to include the fence plan on the survey. Which, of course, then means that its subject to inspection and of course penalties when they find some nitpicky thing that you did wrong. Just make sure that you look at the county and state law for whatever zone you're in and you'll be fine.

Troll? LOL at permits to put up a fence. You call the power company and cable company to verify that there aren't any buried lines and come mark them if there are, then you put up your damned fence. This isn't the freaking burbs.

Troll? LOL at permits to put up a fence. You call the power company and cable company to verify that there aren't any buried lines and come mark them if there are, then you put up your damned fence. This isn't the freaking burbs.
http://www.cityoforlando.net/permit...tes/29/2014/03/BLD_fences_walls_brochure1.pdf

Most counties and munis require them. You could always put one in, but then it shows up when you sell the house. And you're in trouble if code enforcement comes through while you are putting it up. Or a neighbor complains.

Reactions: jetsaholic
In city/suburb neighborhoods they are required but not on rural/ag land. Knightman said he's off Old Lockwood. That's mostly all rural out there.

I want to install vinyl but it's so damn expensive. The new house we moved into is awesome but whoever laid the fence left an awkward amount of space between the vertical planks. You can see through the fence a little too easy from the front looking to the side yard.

I agree with bones- a well treated wood fence will last a long time if installed properly and looks way better than chain link.
I literally got a letter from my HOA yesterday declining my request to install vinyl instead of wood.
I am a man, so i will do it myself.

It's so ****ing stupid. Half of the fences in an above average neighborhood are crooked, patched together, and otherwise rotten; but heaven forbid I try install a nicer looking fence.
HOA is right then. A nice vinyl fence would be out of place

Reactions: ReginaeUCF
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT