ADVERTISEMENT

Bounce House Expansion?

Central Floridave

Todd's Tiki Bar
Aug 21, 2001
Around noon today and while listening to Marc Daniels on the radio, he mentioned some kind of meeting that was to propose Stadium Expansion. The radio was staticky so I didn't hear the details as it went out on me right when he started to mention it. I was driving around but it went out on me, but Interesting stuff. Anyone got anything?

I'm surprised they have potential plans to redo locker room again since it went through a recent renovation. I'm not a fan of the "wing" seating up near the scoreboard. The sections below that are most likely to be empty on less attended games as is, and the sight lines from that position would be poor compared to say above the east seating. They said its for students, but not sure the benefit of having one of the loudest fan groups the furthest away from the field. Other than that, the cove and launch club look A1.

So a 2nd Tower with more premier seating is really interesting. I don't know of many stadiums with premier box seats behind the endzone. When the UF deal was signed we heard rumors about increased capacity for the 2030 game. I wonder if UCF is using the 2nd tower as visiting box seats to lure P5 opponents.

Happy to see they are keeping Recovery Cove and the Lazy River. Really unique addition and will be great for recruiting.

Not sure if ACC but since we reached out the feedback had to be expand and upgrade and we’ll think about it.

so the cove is back 👀? and we technically already had it funded unless the money was repurposed somewhere else

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight Strength
These look incredible and I want them done with no understanding or care of the logistical problems 🤓

But this also brings me back to an interesting aspect of architecture. There is a real phenomenon that is not talked about where hyper realistic renders create impossible and often disappointing real life expectations

so we are sticking with the steel stadium right? dont seem like concrete replacements are in the works anytime soon

so the cove is back 👀? and we technically already had it funded unless the money was repurposed somewhere else

Renderings look mostly good. Endzone addition looks cool and it looks like the players will see significantly improved training and recovery facilities. Have to say the expanded student section looks terrible though. As proposed here, it's very obviously done as cheaply as possible with no concern for aesthetics. Not gonna help the high school stadium critiques. Those are stupid critiques, but this looks more like temporary seating that would be added for a one-time event than a permanent stadium fixture. They need to do better than what's proposed here with that section.

Renderings look mostly good. Endzone addition looks cool and it looks like the players will see significantly improved training and recovery facilities. Have to say the expanded student section looks terrible though. As proposed here, it's very obviously done as cheaply as possible with no concern for aesthetics. Not gonna help the high school stadium critiques. Those are stupid critiques, but this looks more like temporary seating that would be added for a one-time event than a permanent stadium fixture. They need to do better than what's proposed here with that section.
They should add a couple towers next to the east club instead of the north side bleachers. Get people to upgrade and leave N and S for the students

Reactions: U C to the F
Did they give any planned timeline for this project? I love it and this has to look good for any potential conference realignment.

I think all the upgrades are good, not great. When I saw that T-mo said it would put us on par with Alabama, Michigan, Ohio St, FL, Oregon….I cringed. I mean, come on man, not even close but I get what you’re trying to sell.

The south endzone is great. Coaches offices overlooking the field is great. I’ve always been into the recovery cove even if some of you aren’t (privately funded so put up or shut up). I love the aesthetic look of the exterior structure that holds the whole south end zone coaches office/new box and premium seating thing up on the outside of the stadium. I would like and could see that same setup all around the stadium adding “premium” or added seating around the whole stadium. Agreed with the fact the wing or ears in the north end zone student section addition looks lame and could be way better. I’m in the stadium club section, but some shade from sails or something is needed more for the whole stadium, even for my section if a 12pm game.

Only 1400. I think it should be more with the amount of money they are spending.
The bulk of the money is for the new building attached to the south end zone that will have the new coaches offices and a University Club/Restaurant/Bar above the coaches offices. I believe that restaurant will double as a concessions area for the new south end zone loge seats football games. Building something like that is expensive.

They also want to invest in the areas that student athletes spend a huge amount of time in to make them larger and nicer, like the locker room and players lounge, the weight room, and the training facility (the area where athletes get "taped up" prior to games/practices and where they do some of their rehab if injured). Those are the things that will attract more attention from HS students and their parents considering UCF.

If more money is available, I am sure they would consider expanding the stadium capacity more.

Reactions: knightraveler
I’m in the stadium club section, but some shade from sails or something is needed more for the whole stadium, even for my section if a 12pm game.
Some type of sail could help the west side stands...and maybe the south end zone seats a little bit (not much). Would probably be expensive. There is nothing that can be done to shade the east side and north end zone seats.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT