ADVERTISEMENT

Bowl

Lmao. We are playing USC. UCF is playing USF.
Raft baby took his most talented team and won 7 games. Looooooool. You’ll get stomped by usc. Raft baby will throw a fit and then be fired next year after going 4-8. Then you’ll burn all your DA UUUUU gear and go support ****ing fsu again. Btw Cribby from CIs says you’re a idiot.

Anyways. Any chance UCF gets uf again if uf beats fsu

Last edited:
First Responder BowlUCFTexas St.-15.8Dallas, TX12/26

Teacher vs. Pupil

• Dislike
Reactions: Shark19
UCF vs. South Florida

John E. Moore III/Getty Images
McMurphy and Schlabach each project that the "War on I-4" will be renewed in the Gasparilla Bowl.

The UCF Knights ended their rivalry with the South Florida Bulls when they moved from the AAC to Big 12 before this season.

The two sides have the potential to meet in Tampa in one of the more fascinating potential bowl matchups.

Casual college football fans may pass over this matchup if it is finalized, but it could produce some of the most heated play in a two-week span dominated by opt-outs, transfers and coaching changes.

UCF won the last six meetings with USF. The Knights scored at least 34 points in five of those wins. Three of those matchups featured over 75 points.

Both programs enter Week 13 at 5-6. USF plays the Charlotte 49ers, while UCF takes on the Houston Cougars.

Each team has a good chance to win its respective games to become bowl eligible, but even if they lose a matchup is possible because there may not be enough six-win teams to fill all the bowl spots.

First Responder BowlUCFTexas St.-15.8Dallas, TX12/26

Teacher vs. Pupil

UCf vs Texas State. Lmfao.

Camellia Bowl Prediction​

For my Camellia Bowl prediction, I project Georgia State will play UCF with Georgia State winning.

UCF is 5-6 with one game against Houston left on its regular season schedule. But even if UCF wins that contest, I believe Georgia State is the better team. Panthers quarterback Darren Grainger would thrive in this matchup.

Teams likely to play in the Camellia Bowl:

• UCF
  • Bowling Green
  • Ohio
  • Georgia State
  • Old Dominion

Camellia Bowl Prediction​

For my Camellia Bowl prediction, I project Georgia State will play UCF with Georgia State winning.

UCF is 5-6 with one game against Houston left on its regular season schedule. But even if UCF wins that contest, I believe Georgia State is the better team. Panthers quarterback Darren Grainger would thrive in this matchup.

Teams likely to play in the Camellia Bowl:

• UCF
  • Bowling Green
  • Ohio
  • Georgia State
  • Old Dominion
Arkansas is REALLY missing out. Imagine…they could be going to the Camelia Bowl with Gus Malzahn as their head coach.

AHAHHAHJAJAJAJAJJAJAJJAJAJJAAJAJJAJAJJAJAAHAHAHAHA!!

UCF vs. South Florida

McMurphy and Schlabach each project that the "War on I-4" will be renewed in the Gasparilla Bowl.

The UCF Knights ended their rivalry with the South Florida Bulls when they moved from the AAC to Big 12 before this season.

The two sides have the potential to meet in Tampa in one of the more fascinating potential bowl matchups.

Casual college football fans may pass over this matchup if it is finalized, but it could produce some of the most heated play in a two-week span dominated by opt-outs, transfers and coaching changes.

UCF won the last six meetings with USF. The Knights scored at least 34 points in five of those wins. Three of those matchups featured over 75 points.

Both programs enter Week 13 at 5-6. USF plays the Charlotte 49ers, while UCF takes on the Houston Cougars.

Each team has a good chance to win its respective games to become bowl eligible, but even if they lose a matchup is possible because there may not be enough six-win teams to fill all the bowl spots.

This is UCF’s best option if we are to keep it real. USF is UcF’s only rival…only right that they go at it in the Gasparilla.

I
UCF vs. South Florida

would love this personally. We’ll blow the doors off usf, even with players sitting out.

Reactions: CBlackwellRN
What UCF players are you guys expecting to sit out the bowl game? Seriously, there’s not a UCF player that projected to go in the first three rounds of the draft. So why not play in the ball game?

Reactions: Willie Knightime
Imagine if we had just not blown a 5 score lead to Baylor we could be a respectable 4-5 in the big 12.
I take that as sarcasm. It will take a few years to have a P5 roster, which as we have discovered this year, is certainly on the line of scrimmage, and in the two deep. I believe things tend to even out, so somewhere down the road, we are going to get a few breaks to go our way, ahem, receivers kicking or tossing a ball to the opponents. As rising programs go, .500 is not a bad year. I predicted between 5-7 wins. Hit that one on the head. Could have been better. Could have been worse. But if you look out your window on Sunday morning, the sun will rise in the east, and settle in the west. Your kids still love you. And our future is till on the uptick. Most schools who move up a level don't get to .500. That is something to be celebrated. Don't worry about the what shoulda coulda games. Enjoy the journey, and say you were there for the whole thing. We were in every game except for Kansas, and I can't believe anybody really thought we would come out and play our best after Baylor. That was a gut buster. But maybe a program builder. Neve quit. Never let up. I don't think our kids did. They just didn't have enough. Enough heart and talent to make it close, and if a ball or two bounced our way we could win. But make not doubt about it, we played a P5 schedule, fought our asses off to the end of every game (except for Kansas), and we will be better for it. That legacy will live on. Fight on! Charge on!

Next year, we are likely to experience some growing pains. The end of the upper echelon of G5 recruiting and the growth of our P5 recruiting. 2025, that is the year when you we really see what we are made of.

On a side note, this was the first game this season I was able to attend in person. Seeing the game in person and watching on TV or on ESPN gamecast are completely different. Did I miss it, or did we not take one shot down field the entire game? We love to run the ball, so naturally, teams are going to drop down a safety into the box. I love Gus. I didn't hate Heupel, just some of his play calls in the red zone, which is to be suspected of any play caller. I really do believe Gus is a hell of a head coach, he just needs to be more Bobby Bowden. Let the OC call the offense, let the DC call the defense (or let some guy in section 216, row 8 call the plays on defense. Not my row by the way.) Hinshaw's offenses took shots down the field, but not at UCF. Gus needs to give complete control to his OC, and save like 5 plays a game where he steps in. He is creative, innovative and proven, but be a head coach. Run the whole program, let the OC do their job. If you see something, say something. Otherwise, shut the hell up and get out of the way. I think he is a hell of a recruiter, culture guy, and leader. But I don't think he is still an elite play caller. Also, I don't think he lets QB's develop. I might also question his talent evaluation. I think Mikey Keen, me 2 years ago is throwing up, would have gotten us to 8-10 wins this year. But he wanted a dual threat QB. He picked a Lamar Jackson type over a you pick here, pocket QB with an average mobility skill, but an upper level of passing. I would take above average passer and average runner over the opposite. I love JRP. Kid played his heart out for us. But Mikey Keene should have been the starter after the Cincy game last year, and the subsequent games he started.

All that aside, if the defense was a little better. If JRP didn't get hurt. If Boomer didn't miss a chip shot or two, if a ball bounces differently in Norman, we could be 11-1. But that is what is great about the game. It mirrors life. And that is why we love it. What if??????????

Don’t worry Lex. UCF will be playing it rival USF in the Gasparilla.
Really, you have one more win than us. You have 5 really good recruiting classes in the last 5 years. Why are you only one win better than us? You probably have a better team than us. I look at your DL and LB's and you are better. We have a better QB, at least athletically, skill positions are equal. I look at our collapse against Baylor as equal to your loss against GT. How do you F that up? Take a knee unless you got money on the o/u line. Congrats to Miami, you won 7 games, an improvement. But is that where you see Miami, a 7 win team with all that talent. I get FSU, good team, but what about the other 4 losses? You want to bag on Gus, why aren't you on here bagging on Mario? Talent alone, you are at worst the 3-4th best team in the ACC, Clemson, FSU, and Notre Dame. You beat Clemson. How did you manage to drop 5 games? You beat a mediocre Texas A&M. I just don't see how with all that talent, which you keep bringing up about recruiting, you lose 5 games. How is that possibly. UM deserves better.

I take that as sarcasm. It will take a few years to have a P5 roster, which as we have discovered this year, is certainly on the line of scrimmage, and in the two deep. I believe things tend to even out, so somewhere down the road, we are going to get a few breaks to go our way, ahem, receivers kicking or tossing a ball to the opponents. As rising programs go, .500 is not a bad year. I predicted between 5-7 wins. Hit that one on the head. Could have been better. Could have been worse. But if you look out your window on Sunday morning, the sun will rise in the east, and settle in the west. Your kids still love you. And our future is till on the uptick. Most schools who move up a level don't get to .500. That is something to be celebrated. Don't worry about the what shoulda coulda games. Enjoy the journey, and say you were there for the whole thing. We were in every game except for Kansas, and I can't believe anybody really thought we would come out and play our best after Baylor. That was a gut buster. But maybe a program builder. Neve quit. Never let up. I don't think our kids did. They just didn't have enough. Enough heart and talent to make it close, and if a ball or two bounced our way we could win. But make not doubt about it, we played a P5 schedule, fought our asses off to the end of every game (except for Kansas), and we will be better for it. That legacy will live on. Fight on! Charge on!

Next year, we are likely to experience some growing pains. The end of the upper echelon of G5 recruiting and the growth of our P5 recruiting. 2025, that is the year when you we really see what we are made of.

On a side note, this was the first game this season I was able to attend in person. Seeing the game in person and watching on TV or on ESPN gamecast are completely different. Did I miss it, or did we not take one shot down field the entire game? We love to run the ball, so naturally, teams are going to drop down a safety into the box. I love Gus. I didn't hate Heupel, just some of his play calls in the red zone, which is to be suspected of any play caller. I really do believe Gus is a hell of a head coach, he just needs to be more Bobby Bowden. Let the OC call the offense, let the DC call the defense (or let some guy in section 216, row 8 call the plays on defense. Not my row by the way.) Hinshaw's offenses took shots down the field, but not at UCF. Gus needs to give complete control to his OC, and save like 5 plays a game where he steps in. He is creative, innovative and proven, but be a head coach. Run the whole program, let the OC do their job. If you see something, say something. Otherwise, shut the hell up and get out of the way. I think he is a hell of a recruiter, culture guy, and leader. But I don't think he is still an elite play caller. Also, I don't think he lets QB's develop. I might also question his talent evaluation. I think Mikey Keen, me 2 years ago is throwing up, would have gotten us to 8-10 wins this year. But he wanted a dual threat QB. He picked a Lamar Jackson type over a you pick here, pocket QB with an average mobility skill, but an upper level of passing. I would take above average passer and average runner over the opposite. I love JRP. Kid played his heart out for us. But Mikey Keene should have been the starter after the Cincy game last year, and the subsequent games he started.

All that aside, if the defense was a little better. If JRP didn't get hurt. If Boomer didn't miss a chip shot or two, if a ball bounces differently in Norman, we could be 11-1. But that is what is great about the game. It mirrors life. And that is why we love it. What if??????????
TLDR but we were a blown 5 score lead away from a respectable conference record. 100%.

I'd travel to play either Wisconsin or Kentucky. USiF only made a bowl game because the big 3 left the American. The AAC is now weak AF and will no longer have respect as a power G5. We've moved beyond playing a silly USiF.
Agreed, there's nothing left to prove playing the cows again. We've already beat them over and over and left them for dead.
Also they have the best shot at actually winning in years, especially with the inconsistency of UCF and possible opt-outs.

I‘m sure Knight seniors would be absolutely thrilled with an Orlando or Tampa bowl game, Fuk that! ARST, usf……an insult….like UCF never made it to the B12.
It is a G5 mindset to want to play USF again

Wisconsin would be a great opponent and good for exposure . You want to play other Power 5 teams and that might prevent some opt outs. Everything at this point should be focused on what helps recruiting, UCF has played in packed B12 stadiums all year….cap it off vs Wisconsin or Kentucky preferably & let USF play some Sun Belt team in the Cure Bowl

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT