ADVERTISEMENT

Bryant

He has 3 tackles, 2 assists and 0 sacks…ON THE YEAR

He had ONE tackle tonight.

I don’t get the National love. His best year at Auburn he had 3.5 sacks. That’s not dominating.

But did you see how clean and good that jersey looked at the end of the game?
He doesn't have the speed to cattch up when Louisville ran AWAY from him mmost of the time he was in there !

See……..this right here is the difference between the UCF fan base and the Auburn fan base. When Penn State hands your team their asses, we won’t be over on you your board gloating. The difference between class and classless.
Once UCF plays big boy football in a few years and has to watch gus for 8 years then you will understand.

Both of these things can be true - Big Kat has easily been our best defensive player, but also has been nowhere near as dominant as I had expected him to be. Production not even close to matching hype.

Be interesting to see when they let TMB actually start a game. Should be able to open up gaps especially with Davis in the middle. Seen majority of plays going away from Bryant against Boise and BCU.

Since Louisville obvious game plan was to double team Big Kat and run the opposite direction from him, is there anyway he can play middle line backer? Just speculating.

Pressures and drawing double teams are nice, but he hasn’t dominated they way I thought he would. Not a single sack through 3 games (one of those vs a bad FCS opponent).
The dude has more pressures and hurries than anyone on the team in spite of other teams running plays away from his side and double teaming him. Additionally, teams are scheming short and intermediate passes so that their QB doesn’t have to hold the ball more than three seconds. Big Cat has a huge impact on everything the other teams do. The dude is a baller at the highest level. We should thank our lucky stars we have him and not behave like petulant children. Why do you think Auburnfan is over here trolling, showing their Butthurt for all the world to see?

The dude has more pressures and hurries than anyone on the team in spite of other teams running plays away from his side and double teaming him. Additionally, teams are scheming short and intermediate passes so that their QB doesn’t have to hold the ball more than three seconds. Big Cat has a huge impact on everything the other teams do. The dude is a baller at the highest level. We should thank our lucky stars we have him and not behave like petulant children. Why do you think Auburnfan is over here trolling, showing their Butthurt for all the world to see?

Calm down buddy, I’m not saying he’s been bad. He’s been good, very solid, glad we have him. We’d be way worse off on defense if we didn’t have him (if that’s even possible). But he’s not dominating average teams the way I would have thought based on the expectations I had of him coming in.

Calm down buddy, I’m not saying he’s been bad. He’s been good, very solid, glad we have him. We’d be way worse off on defense if we didn’t have him (if that’s even possible). But he’s not dominating average teams the way I would have thought based on the expectations I had of him coming in.
I’m very calm and rational. I’m pointing out that when a player makes other teams gameplan around him, he is “dominating.” It is then incumbent upon other players who are not being double teamed to step up and make a play.

Reactions: GoldenFunk
I’m very calm and rational. I’m pointing out that when a player makes other teams gameplan around him, he is “dominating.” It is then incumbent upon other players who are not being double teamed to step up and make a play.
There was a stretch where every play ran away from Big Kat.

He has 3 tackles, 2 assists and 0 sacks…ON THE YEAR

He had ONE tackle tonight.

I don’t get the National love. His best year at Auburn he had 3.5 sacks. That’s not dominating.
Underwhelming #'s, yes.

You can't quantify with those metrics the impact he has in the trenches. He draws double teams and oline shifts -- freeing his teammates to make plays (albeit most have not been able to take advantage of that). It's clear as day that the opposing offense schemes against Big Kat.
The past couple games, he's also shown his willingness to be disciplined to the scheme. If he is to rush, he rushes. If he is to contain and be on assignment, he sticks to his role -- unlike most of our defense.

Ville hammered the opposite side of the line every time. Monty got major exposed.... ball is away from big kat -- diminishing his ability to clock against your chosen metrics.
Our d-line also shifted from pressure to contain last night -- further impacting opportunity to tack onto those metrics. Also, not sure where there was a narrative of him being a dominating DE...? Perhaps that is your expectation setting gone wrong.
There's no denying the immediate positive impact Big Kat has had on our line and consequently the defense as a whole.

Quite a few times on pass plays he didn’t attempt to rush QB. Literally just stood there. Didn’t drop into coverage. Just stood there. That can’t be a good strategy. If Cunningham took off he wasn’t going to catch him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT