ADVERTISEMENT

BS PI call in Brandon Adams cost UCF the game

AuburnLegacy_1

Silver Knight
Feb 4, 2022
Ref in position to make the call didn't throw the flag because he didn't think it was PI. Flag came from the ref in the end zone. At worst it was holding because the ball was uncatchable.

I understand. Iowa State is undefeated and TPTB of the Big 12 are doing everything in their power to have two representatives in the CFP, but it sucks that they did it at UCF's expense.

Still, IMO, UCF didn't deserve to win because they defense lost QB contain double digit times. But the Knights had a chance to win by double digits.

Whoever thought (Bozo and Co.) that N
Kelly was a better DE than D. Dotson is an idiot.

J. Brown needs to be moved to WR. He is terrible. KJ averaged 200 passing yards per game. Brown had less than 60.

UCF probably wins the game if Gus plays both quarterbacks.

That PI call was BS and looked like home cooking. I can’t believe how many times Gus gets delay of game penalties….especially considering he runs a tempo offense.

The broadcasters kept talking about how Iowa St is one of the least penalized teams in the country. They had their first penalty late in the game. Our players are repeatedly jumping off sides and offense stands there waiting for the play to get called only to have the clock expire. Gus’ clock management is atrocious. All of this is coaching and correctable.

We had a chance to win because of 2 interceptions for TDs. That won’t happen every game. We’re not going to win many games only passing for 50 yards going late in the 4th quarter. If it wasn’t for Jacurri making play after play scrambling and running the ball we would have gone 3 and out every drive. We have no balance or passing game.

Jacurri is Uber athletic and has a cannon for an arm. If he can grow passing this offense would be scary. He’s an explosive player running the ball. Basically, he’s JRP 2.0. If Gus and Hinshaw cam develop him and his passing game look out.

Last edited:
This game came down to players not making plays. There were many plays on offense and defense there for the taking and we didn't get the job done. I hate to say it but I would welcome another 4-5 painful losses like this because the players will work their @sses off to never experience that again (much like what happened with our 2015 players 2-3 years later).

He had the better view idiot. It was the right call. Now go away please man. Geez.
You don't know much about football.

You cannot call PI on an uncatchable ball. They could have called defensive holding (because Adams was falling down and grabbed the WR to stay up) or they could have called unnecessary roughness, which it wasn't. But you cannot call PI on a pass 5 yards out of bounds. It was the wrong call because it was an uncatchable ball.

On the topic of not knowing the game...

On the next to last UCF drive, J Brown's helmet came off and he left the field after the second down play. He either didn't know Iowa State called timeout or didn't know that he didn't have to come out of the game after his helmet came off after a timeout because Gus had to go get his azz and put him in the offensive huddle.

You cannot call PI on an uncatchable ball. They could have called defensive holding (because Adams was falling down and grabbed the WR to stay up) or they could have called unnecessary roughness, which it wasn't. But you cannot call PI on a pass 5 yards out of bounds. It was the wrong call because it was an uncatchable ball.

On the next to last UCF drive, J Brown's helmet came off and he left the field after the second down play. He either didn't know Iowa State called timeout or didn't know that he didn't have to come out of the game after his helmet came off after a timeout because Gus had to go get his azz and put him in the offensive huddle.
It was catchable. Your daddy Gus didn't even complain about the calls. Nobody is except for you and a couple of Gus nuthuggers that I didn't even realize we had here.

Both players were also already out-of-bounds.

It was catchable. Your daddy Gus didn't even complain about the calls. Nobody is except for you and a couple of Gus nuthuggers that I didn't even realize we had here.
@AuburnLegacy_1 is the world’s biggest Malzone nut hugger. He only cares about promoting Malzone…he literally doesn’t give a $h!t about UCF.

Dude was cowering and hiding the entire week and now found a reason to resurface to spread b.s. Look at his posting history he doesn’t know anything…literally a Malzone spammer.

@AuburnLegacy_1 is the world’s biggest Malzone nut hugger. He only cares about promoting Malzone…he literally doesn’t give a $h!t about UCF.

Dude was cowering and hiding the entire week and now found a reason to resurface to spread b.s. Look at his posting history he doesn’t know anything…literally a Malzone spammer.
Agreed, but then why are you here? A Canes fan who doesn’t care about UCF and just tells us how much we suck in every post.

You have NO right to disparage anyone about their football knowledge. U think like Gus have an implanted ego of yourself that allows u to think u r knowledgeable without any evidence. Ur spew has one agenda, to protect the indefensible, Gus.

U have Many examples of ur ineptitude the latest being “put KJ so we can pass” lol Ur as far as knowledge worthless and ur agenda to be here is insulting to UCF fans. Go back to Auburn CC and let real UCF fans discuss things.

• Haha
Reactions: Willie Knightime
Both players were out of bounds because our DB initiated contact and pushed the ISU receiver out of bounds. Video doesn't lie.
Both players were out of bounds because that's where the ball was going. And it was the receiver doing the pushing, as our player's head was turned around looking for the ball. He has just as much right to go for the ball as the intended receiver. Either way, that's a moot point because no one was catching that ball unless they were 10' tall.

Reactions: 90Knight

Both players out of bounds. The UCF player looking back at the ball, and the ball a good 5' over their heads. The video doesn't lie.
"Catchable"

Go Pittsburgh Pa GIF by Mike Hitt

Both players were out of bounds because that's where the ball was going. And it was the receiver doing the pushing, as our player's head was turned around looking for the ball. He has just as much right to go for the ball as the intended receiver. Either way, that's a moot point because no one was catching that ball unless they were 10' tall.
It was the right call man. Flip it, and if that was UCF on offense, you'd expect to get the call. Just cut the bullshit.

It was the right call man. Flip it, and if that was UCF on offense, you'd expect to get the call. Just cut the bullshit.
The ball must be catchable and both players must be on the field of play, meaning you cannot call PI on an ineligible receiver.

It was defensive holding at worst. But should have been a no call. Fourth down. UCF stops. Ballgame.

• Haha
Reactions: Willie Knightime
The ball must be catchable and both players must be on the field of play, meaning you cannot call PI on an ineligible receiver.

It was defensive holding at worst. But should have been a no call. Fourth down. UCF stops. Ballgame.
I had ZERO comfort with our lead cause I knew exactly how the game was about to end. In another head scratching, idiotic, mismanaged, f**ked up loss courtesy of your ball sack God daddy Gus.

So you don't think kids can jump if they're free to?

You're seriously trying to argue that anyone could have even got a hand on that pass, let alone caught it and still come down inbounds? They were already out of bounds. And take a look at where the UCF defender is - in front of the ISU player. So the argument that he was pushed out of bounds is a non-starter.

You're seriously trying to argue that anyone could have even got a hand on that pass, let alone caught it and still come down inbounds? They were already out of bounds. And take a look at where the UCF defender is - in front of the ISU player. So the argument that he was pushed out of bounds is a non-starter.
I'm not about to keep going back and forth with you when we pull for the same team. We just see it differently.

I’d love to see some still shots of the punt where it looks like it hits one of their players legs, and we recovered. Both teams were wearing black pants do it was hard to tell who exactly it hit. They never replayed it on TV.

A broken clock is right twice each day. Sometimes you know a bad call DOES impact a game and sometimes a clear no call does too. Sometimes you can blame the refs for a loss or a win. I recall listening to the UGA UCF game in the 90s. We were going to beat UGA . We had a perfect fade pass to the corner of the end zone . We got tagged for offensive pass interference. That call took us out of field goal range and we don't score . UGA wins. It's was blatant home cooking and yes the refs costs us that game.

I believe the PI call coupled with not calling the obvious false start by the guard and not having a 10 second run off costs us the game with all things being equal. UCF got hosed by our conference refs .

Put it another way, what if they don't get the PI call? What if they do get the clear false start call? Do they win? I would say nope.

A broken clock is right twice each day. Sometimes you know a bad call DOES impact a game and sometimes a clear no call does too. Sometimes you can blame the refs for a loss or a win. I recall listening to the UGA UCF game in the 90s. We were going to beat UGA . We had a perfect fade pass to the corner of the end zone . We got tagged for offensive pass interference. That call took us out of field goal range and we don't score . UGA wins. It's was blatant home cooking and yes the refs costs us that game.

I believe the PI call coupled with not calling the obvious false start by the guard and not having a 10 second run off costs us the game with all things being equal. UCF got hosed by our conference refs .

Put it another way, what if they don't get the PI call? What if they do get the clear false start call? Do they win? I would say nope.
Gus should have won that game without the refs being able to push the other team to victory.

BYU and Iowa State are undefeated, but let's be real... they are no better than the 'u'. I would rank those three teams as the worst undefeateds in the nation in late October over the last five years by a large margin.

Especially the u.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT