ADVERTISEMENT

Bucs putting Dungy in Ring of Honor

Man, you even fuk up a non political post*

Put a damn OT in the title you savage.

You’re just mad that Sapp made Favre his bitch
Lol Dungy has to be one of the more over hyped coaches. The narrative that Gruden won with Dungeys players is so wrong. Dungy couldn’t get it going on the offensive side and Gruden came in and got them working right from the start. Also, not brought up enough that he had the greatest or 2nd greatest qb of the generation and only won one super bowl and always got out coached by billy b. Also, manning carried that shit defense that Dungy couldn’t develop his whole damn career.

tldr tony Dungy is overrated

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Lol Dungy has to be one of the more over hyped coaches. The narrative that Gruden won with Dungeys players is so wrong. Dungy couldn’t get it going on the offensive side and Gruden came in and got them working right from the start. Also, not brought up enough that he had the greatest or 2nd greatest qb of the generation and only won one super bowl and always got out coached by billy b. Also, manning carried that shit defense that Dungy couldn’t develop his whole damn career.

and during that 1 Super Bowl win run Manning waved him off when he wanted to punt and went for it on 4th down, I think it was the Divisional round

The Bucs defense won us that Super Bowl, not the offense. Dungy was a great coach.

Reactions: fabknight

Lol you’re so right- having the NFLs best defense, that Dungy built, totally had nothing to do with Grudens success.

Spot on

Lol you’re so right- having the NFLs best defense, that Dungy built, totally had nothing to do with Grudens success.

Spot on
Didn’t say he wasn’t great, just not as great as people give him credit for. Gruden walked into a great situation, no doubt and That defense was one of the goats and did win the super bowl for the them. But Dungy couldn’t get over the hump with that offense and ownership never thought he would.

If he was such a great defensive mind, how come his defense in Indy sucked?

LOL. Sapp was at the UCF v. usf game this past fall hanging out on the sidelines before the game. He was beyond pissed that UCF security didn't recognize him and was cursing up a storm. Swell dude.

Didn’t say he wasn’t great, just not as great as people give him credit for. Gruden walked into a great situation, no doubt and That defense was one of the goats and did win the super bowl for the them. But Dungy couldn’t get over the hump with that offense and ownership never thought he would.

If he was such a great defensive mind, how come his defense in Indy sucked?

I'm not talking about Indy, I'm talking about the Bucs decision to honor him. It's totally warranted. The guy took over a franchise that had done nothing but lose and turned them into a routine Playoff team with a great defense. He turned around the way the entire city looked at the Bucs.

He wasn't a great offensive mind which ultimately cost him his job. Too many 1-and-done's in the playoffs with no points to show for. But, he's still a legend in Tampa.

I'll never understand the Dungy hero worship. I have no idea, but if the guy was that great would his son have killed himself? Idk. I think we could be given the Tiger Woods on this guy.

No threads can survive on this board without some disgusting bomb being dropped

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT