ADVERTISEMENT

Buffalo QB to Transfer...

If he's a starter and a grad transfer, doesn't he want to go somewhere that has a program he wants to study?

meh...rather just start Gabriel if something happens to Mack(injury or performance) vs bringing this guy in

It's one thing when a career backup wants to find a starting spot, but the face of a program doing it is just dirty cowardice.....hope karma teaches this quitter a lesson.
Might just want to get noticed and play some big time football. Hard to blame him.

Reactions: Knight Strength
Might just want to get noticed and play some big time football. Hard to blame him.
Oh please get out of here with this elitist bull$hit. The NFL finds and drafts non-power 5 QBs high all the time. Even FCS didn't hurt Wentz. Fortunately the NFL judges on actual talent and not the jersey they wore. I guess Ben Roethlesberger should have left Miami-OH high and dry for Ohio State so that he could get exposure and have a shot at the NFL his life might have turned out different. Now that I think about it maybe your gators should figure out how to develop one of those 4 and 5 star QB into real NFL players instead of being television personalities.

Oh please get out of here with this elitist bull$hit. The NFL finds and drafts non-power 5 QBs high all the time. Even FCS didn't hurt Wentz. Fortunately the NFL judges on actual talent and not the jersey they wore. I guess Ben Roethlesberger should have left Miami-OH high and dry for Ohio State so that he could get exposure and have a shot at the NFL his life might have turned out different. Now that I think about it maybe your gators should figure out how to develop one of those 4 and 5 star QB into real NFL players instead of being television personalities.
That bum Roethleberger trying to pad his stats against weakass, lowly UCF in 2003 to try and make the NFL. How dare he!! Just think what he could have been. UCF too! They are still giving up 5 TDs a game to crappy MAC school QBs :joy:

Last edited:
Now that I think about it maybe your gators should figure out how to develop one of those 4 and 5 star QB into real NFL players instead of being television personalities.
What do you mean? Jesse Palmer was great on the Bachelor. Gators recruit QBs with great hair. Who needs QBs who can play football?

Reactions: SwagCentral
Surprised theres no Justin Fields transferring post.
Justin Fields needs to step out onto the field ASAP. Dude needs to play. If an Ohio State backup has a leg up on him because he is familiar with the system, Fields needs to think twice about transferring there

Why not UCF? Even hate to say it. UF? What’s his list of top schools?

Reactions: JAFFX2
Justin Fields needs to step out onto the field ASAP. Dude needs to play. If an Ohio State backup has a leg up on him because he is familiar with the system, Fields needs to think twice about transferring there

Ohio State, Oklahoma, Florida State...probably in the order.

It's one thing when a career backup wants to find a starting spot, but the face of a program doing it is just dirty cowardice.....hope karma teaches this quitter a lesson.
Russell Wilson did it. He was barely noticed at NC State.

meh...rather just start Gabriel if something happens to Mack(injury or performance) vs bringing this guy in

Agree, he isn't that impressive. It would be very surprising if this kid could really compete with DJ next year.......... No slight on the kid but if we pick up a transfer QB it needs to be a talent that can push DJ to start...

Please. He graduated and lived up to his commitment to the school. If Buffalo doesn't have a grad program he's interested in he's a quitter for doing what is best for his future?

As for bringing him to UCF, I think DJ is the real deal, but I also think the more competition the better! I can't imagine he would go anywhere he isn't practically guaranteed to start, however.

Agree, he isn't that impressive. It would be very surprising if this kid could really compete with DJ next year.......... No slight on the kid but if we pick up a transfer QB it needs to be a talent that can push DJ to start...
I watched him one game and the announcer was hyping him and he didn't look that impressive either from running or passing perspective. Not better than Mack. I like who we currently have.

Reactions: JAFFX2

Don't forget Daunte Culpepper.

This one is a bit of a head scratcher. He is an NFL talent and it's more likely he will regress learning a new offense instead of mastering the one he is in.

Fields is obvious(looks like a longshot) but I'd take Francois over this Buffalo QB.

Also ideally you don't want to start a Freshman but there are differences between Gabriel starting and how Milton looked as a True Freshman.

1. Transitioning Program
2. Trash Oline
3. Gabriel will have a Spring Practice under his belt which is huge. Remember how much enrolling early did for Otis his Freshman season.

Obviously the best case scenario is Mack playing amazing vs LSU & holding on to the job going into next season

Last edited:
Reactions: JAFFX2 and Mikesi

Here's an earlier article that suggested UCF as a dark horse favorite.
https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/college/article223360920.html

Georgia quarterback Justin Fields potential landing spot once he transfers includes UCF, according to a report.

DawgNation reports “Fields is strongly considering Ohio State, but also has interest in Oklahoma, UCF and UCLA.”

That said, with Georgia flipping one of Ohio State's recruits, the team to beat is Ohio State.

Reactions: Mikesi
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT