ADVERTISEMENT

CA high school shooting

Horrendous. The New York Times: At Least 5 Dead and Up to 20 Injured in Shootings Near Odessa, Tex.
Mental health, thoughts and prayers. Nothing to see here. The dude in El Paso drove there from 650 miles away. I wonder why he chose that location. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Shockingly, his ex-girlfriend said that he didn’t get the mental help that he needed
(1). He was a crazy and Dayton Police said that he had “violent ideologies.”
(2). Violence and
(3). He has a gun that could kill a lot of people fast
It’s sad that we are now so numb to these things. There’s not even a pattern anymore
People are crazy
America is too violent
Guns kill people
Nobody is doing crap about it
Details still emerging. I know the community well. Prayers to those affected
At least 12 people were killed and at least 10 others injured when a gunman burst into a packed Southern California bar overnight and opened fire, authorities said.

The lone suspect was found dead inside the Borderline Bar and Grill in Thousand Oaks, police said.

Sgt. Ron Helus, a 29-year veteran who was about to retire, was among the dozen killed, according to the Ventura County Sheriff's Department.

We don't ban phones or cars because they kill people. The gun itself is just a one of thousands of methods that can kill. It is a reach to think that these crazy people would just be nice if they didn't have a gun. The guy in France killed a lot of people using a truck.

Hilter was able to push over Europe because citizens couldn't defend themselves. That is enough evidence for me.

We don't ban phones or cars because they kill people.

The gun itself is just a one of thousands of methods that can kill.

It is a reach to think that these crazy people would just be nice if they didn't have a gun.

The guy in France killed a lot of people using a truck.

Hilter was able to push over Europe because citizens couldn't defend themselves.

That is enough evidence for me.
You use the word "evidence" but this is just a string of unconnected thoughts from a dementia riddled boomer brain.

I've spaced it out so you can see that your argument is just a mess of Fox News sound bites that have nothing to do with one another.

You use the word "evidence" but this is just a string of unconnected thoughts from a dementia riddled boomer brain.

I've spaced it out so you can see that your argument is just a mess of Fox News sound bites that have nothing to do with one another.

Not a Boomer...lol. I don't even own a gun but I know the importance of the second amendment.

We don't ban phones or cars because they kill people. The gun itself is just a one of thousands of methods that can kill. It is a reach to think that these crazy people would just be nice if they didn't have a gun. The guy in France killed a lot of people using a truck.

Hilter was able to push over Europe because citizens couldn't defend themselves. That is enough evidence for me.

We do however require training and licenses to drive though, and have speeding limits to reduce deaths. Is it too much to ask that we do the same for guns?

Hitler didn't take over because citizens were unarmed. He took over because he convinced half the population that they had an infestation of a minority group that was endangering their way of life and he knew how to solve that problem.

No proof that it wouldn't happen regardless of having a gun. Crazy people are crazy. They just move to other methods. A lot of lives are saved by guns too.

You 100% have to be a liberal troll saying this sort of unbelievably stupid stuff.

No one is actually this dumb and can still remember to breath. Get a life liberal troll, stop pretending to be a MAGAt just to make them look dumb.

We do however require training and licenses to drive though, and have speeding limits to reduce deaths. Is it too much to ask that we do the same for guns?

Hitler didn't take over because citizens were unarmed. He took over because he convinced half the population that they had an infestation of a minority group that was endangering their way of life and he knew how to solve that problem.
Driving a car is not a constitutionally protected right that shall not be infringed. You drive a car on public roads and therefore you are subject to the public’s rules when using those roads. You are perfectly entitled to drive a car on your own private property as fast as you want without a license all you want.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Driving a car is not a constitutionally protected right that shall not be infringed. You drive a car on public roads and therefore you are subject to the public’s rules when using those roads. You are perfectly entitled to drive a car on your own private property as fast as you want without a license all you want.

We also have existing laws against murder. You also can't run around with a fully automatic weapon. There are rules so it isn't like the wild west. Criminals don't usually follow rules though.

We also have existing laws against murder. You also can't run around with a fully automatic weapon. There are rules so it isn't like the wild west. Criminals don't usually follow rules though.

Actually, you can own a full auto weapon legally. The price for one is another story...

hate to break it to you @KNIGHTTIME^ but if a well armed militia in Polk County wanted to 'take on the US Gov't' , an unmanned drone would end that threat in minutes[/

eval knieval couldnt make that jump in logic. Again, what law stops this occurrence? It is highly racist how you libs care about these shootings but dont care about the black on black crime in inner cities which is a thousand times more rampant

Let’s also note that California already requires universal background checks, requires firearm purchasers to obtain a safety certificate and pass a written test, limits purchases to one per person per month, and imposes a ten day waiting period, among other laws. Yet this kid still got a gun and used it. Without knowing how he got it at this point, what additional laws would you suggest to stop this killer today?

The 2nd protects the first....ask venezuela
I’m now racist for voicing how ridiculous it is that school children can’t go to school in this country without the fear of getting shot? Gtfo

someone in my or your family could be next , it’s a uniquely American problem and happening way too often

And the Venezuela line is lazy as hell, making the blanket scare tactic about a place you know nothing about

I’m now racist bc school children can’t go to school in this country without the fear of getting shot? Gtfo

someone in my or your family could be next , it’s a uniquely American problem and happening way too often

And the Venezuela line is lazy as hell, making the blanket scare tactic about a place you know nothing about
It is not a uniquely American problem.

I can't lie, I'm surprised that we havent had this same exact thread for this long. Seems like forever ago since the last school shooting.

Advancements in firearms has me thinking it's time to rewrite that law because our citizens rights to not be shot the **** up are being infringed.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Advancements in firearms has me thinking it's time to rewrite that law because our citizens rights to not be shot the **** up are being infringed.
What are the advancements in handguns in the last 80 years that lead you to that conclusion?

What are the advancements in handguns in the last 80 years that lead you to that conclusion?
correct me if im wrong but the 1911 has been more or less the standard of hand guns since well... 1911. i think you meant to say 108 years.

also lets not forget there were weapons that could fire rounds rapidly at the time the 2nd amendment was written. the puckle gun is just 1 example that was available 70 years before the 2nd amendment. i think they were aware that there would be advancements in weapons technology.

but dont take my word for it, take the guy that wrote the 2nd amendment. he wanted private citizens to have cannons.

correct me if im wrong but the 1911 has been more or less the standard of hand guns since well... 1911. i think you meant to say 108 years.

also lets not forget there were weapons that could fire rounds rapidly at the time the 2nd amendment was written. the puckle gun is just 1 example that was available 70 years before the 2nd amendment. i think they were aware that there would be advancements in weapons technology.

but dont take my word for it, take the guy that wrote the 2nd amendment. he wanted private citizens to have cannons.
The 1911A1 came out in 1926 and had some refinements. I’m not a historian, though, so I wanted to give them the benefit of anything created out of WWI. Also, the Tommy gun came out in the 20’s, which isn’t a pistol but I wanted to be after that.

My point is that there haven’t been massive recent firearms advances that have made handguns suddenly different than they were 80 years ago. Maybe a little lighter. Maybe a little smaller for some calibers. But overall nothing groundbreaking that should trigger someone to say that their advancements have now warranted banning when it wasn’t necessary before.

The 1911A1 came out in 1926 and had some refinements. I’m not a historian, though, so I wanted to give them the benefit of anything created out of WWI. Also, the Tommy gun came out in the 20’s, which isn’t a pistol but I wanted to be after that.

My point is that there haven’t been massive recent firearms advances that have made handguns suddenly different than they were 80 years ago. Maybe a little lighter. Maybe a little smaller for some calibers. But overall nothing groundbreaking that should trigger someone to say that their advancements have now warranted banning when it wasn’t necessary before.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1911_pistol
i dont really know the history of it, but im going to guess the wiki is pretty good. there is a reason its called the 1911. also it was used in ww1.

the point was that handguns really havent changed in over 100 years.

also there were several repeating arms before the writing of the second amendment. the founding fathers likely understood the technology would evolve over time.

we agree on the same point. firearms havent changed a whole lot, but suddenly its a problem today. i think its safe to say that society has changed more than the guns have. we need to look at what those changes are and how they lead to todays current problems.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1911_pistol
i dont really know the history of it, but im going to guess the wiki is pretty good. there is a reason its called the 1911. also it was used in ww1.

the point was that handguns really havent changed in over 100 years.

also there were several repeating arms before the writing of the second amendment. the founding fathers likely understood the technology would evolve over time.

we agree on the same point. firearms havent changed a whole lot, but suddenly its a problem today. i think its safe to say that society has changed more than the guns have. we need to look at what those changes are and how they lead to todays current problems.
We are in absolute agreement that we need to address the social issues behind the murderous intent. That seems to always get lost in the shuffle because any discussion about social issues gets construed as attacking one group or another and politicians can't have that getting in the way of their constant re-election campaigns.

We are in absolute agreement that we need to address the social issues behind the murderous intent. That seems to always get lost in the shuffle because any discussion about social issues gets construed as attacking one group or another and politicians can't have that getting in the way of their constant re-election campaigns.

Many of the discussions about social issues are also just made up BS trying to blame it on things like violent video games and Hollywood and what not. And, if we want to talk about mental health I think that is legitimate, but then we also have to talk about healthcare which I don't think is a topic many on the right would like to travel down. Mental health treatment is a part of healthcare. If we want to talk about homes without a father or parenting in general, I think that is legitimate too, but we cant talk about that without talking about how many of these fathers are locked up for non violent crimes. So I agree there are deeper issues than just guns (though the volume of guns in this country is absolutely part of this), but a lot of people who want to talk about other things on the surface without actually having solutions for those things either.

Reactions: DaShuckster
Many of the discussions about social issues are also just made up BS trying to blame it on things like violent video games and Hollywood and what not. And, if we want to talk about mental health I think that is legitimate, but then we also have to talk about healthcare which I don't think is a topic many on the right would like to travel down. Mental health treatment is a part of healthcare. If we want to talk about homes without a father or parenting in general, I think that is legitimate too, but we cant talk about that without talking about how many of these fathers are locked up for non violent crimes. So I agree there are deeper issues than just guns (though the volume of guns in this country is absolutely part of this), but a lot of people who want to talk about other things on the surface without actually having solutions for those things either.

The problem is that society really doesn't want to talk about any of those items. Try to suggest that single parent household isn't good for children and you'll be called a bigot and probably a sexist, as they throw around the Single Mom Superhero rehashed story that we're told is a symbol of awesome America 2020.

The type of firearm and availability of firearm really hasn't changed throughout the decades, society has deteriorated around it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT