ADVERTISEMENT

Can humans really affect the earths climate?

I have a degree in biology from UCF and masters in environmental planning and resource management from FSU. I think humans contribute to climate change but I don't think we drive it. I also think the catastrophic predictions are over the top. Life is far more resilient than folks give it credit.

You would think if we just scrub more carbon dioxide than we pump in that we could cool it down. I mean we only need to drop it a half degree to 1 degree C and then beyond at that ...bam ice age here we come!

I have a degree in biology from UCF and masters in environmental planning and resource management from FSU. I think humans contribute to climate change but I don't think we drive it. I also think the catastrophic predictions are over the top. Life is far more resilient than folks give it credit.

You would think if we just scrub more carbon dioxide than we pump in that we could cool it down. I mean we only need to drop it a half degree to 1 degree C and then beyond at that ...bam ice age here we come!
Rahm’s saying “never let a gods crisi go to waste” has been perfected today in the vein of “you need an imminent and catastrophic crisis in order to get anything that you really want enacted.”

So you cook the coefficients and create dire model results showing Florida underwater by 2012 or some other such nonsense and then you roll in all kinds of carbon markets and solar panel subsidies and alternative power generation just where you fortuitously invested. You justify the corruption to yourself by saying that you’re creating a new economy and jobs. The effects exist, albeit far less in reality than in modeling, and steps need to be taken but it’s more of a measured and controlled cultural shift than the wild and destructive policy changes that are made for the primary purpose of enriching those with their hand on the levers of power and their friends.

Reactions: Crazyhole
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT