ADVERTISEMENT

Can someone with more FB knowledge tell me the RB rotation?

Yes. First the all purpose back. Then the specialty backs. Finally the grind out tie backs.

I think Richardson and Anderson aren't 100% healthy currently and that's limiting their looks. AK has been spectacular, so we're clearly looking to get the ball in his hands more recently. Taj looks like he's a short yardage/redzone guy. It's amazing to remember that our #1 back heading into the year went down for the season.

Last edited:
McGowan is the test back for seeing how OL is blocking and usually consistent in getting 3-4 yards. I'm a little disappointed he's not breaking runs this year.

Anderson could be suffering from freshmen burnout syndrome. Hope not and that he bounces back from injury.

Richardson has looked slow to me this season. Could be combination of familiarity with system and needing our off season training sessions. He has shown some moves but when he runs sideways he often gets caught by the opposing defense.

Killins is getting the ball a lot because he's Killins. Love that he's having some succees on the inside it keeps the D honest.

McCrae may get some touches in the next two games.

I'd like to see Williams get the ball more, he's a tough one to tackle.

Seems to be more of a feel for Frost than rotation.

I think Richardson and Anderson aren't 100% healthy currently and that's limiting their looks. AK has been spectacular, so we're clearly looking to get the ball in his hands more recently. Taj looks like he's a short yardage/redzone guy. It's amazing to remember that our #1 back heading into the year went down for the season.
^

Richardson is no where to be found, I expected him to have more of an impact
Still a freshman. Hard to break into the rotation, they still want to get him in better football shape and have better playbook knowledge.

I could count a number of times during the last few weeks when Milton had to tell him exactly where to be because he was on the wrong side etc. Just small things like that.

Reactions: KnightVision82
Richardson is no where to be found, I expected him to have more of an impact
I believe there was a quote by frost at the beginning of the year saying Richardson basically needed to get caught up to speed on the offense etc. I'm not too worried, he's a true freshman after all.

Reactions: Miltonian
Most teams only use 3 RBs all year. We have luxury of having more than that. You have to also feed egos and let everyone play though. I'd actually prefer us to only play 3. Killings numbers could be a lot better if we didn't rotate in 6 guys all year.

I believe there was a quote by frost at the beginning of the year saying Richardson basically needed to get caught up to speed on the offense etc. I'm not too worried, he's a true freshman after all.
yeah but the one weakness of the offense is sometimes issues in the red zone. I figured CR would be of use there

yeah but the one weakness of the offense is sometimes issues in the red zone. I figured CR would be of use there

I agree. We also seem to be more successful inside the 10 when we run play action or the option instead of 3 straight up the middle

There are really only so many snaps to go around. Running backs need to get into a rhythm. We've had a lot of blowouts, which makes it easier for more guys to get reps. Closer games shouldn't have 5 different running backs splitting reps.

YEs but he has trouble reading blockers apparently which stems from not knowing the whole playbook. I wish RB was as easy as putting the best talent out there, but its way more than that. You have to be perfectly in sync with your linemen, know their assignments, and make sure your timing is perfect so you dont over/under run your blocking coverage.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT