ADVERTISEMENT

Can we talk about the hit

I just wonder how much of this will get in the back of every NCAA junior's minds and there's becomes a record number of players leaving for NFL early? I'm sure they all weigh it out in their thoughts, but seeing it has got to make more think seriously about leaving.

I don't what the football committees want, but they basically take out tackling high. Coaches don't want helmet to helmet contact and losing a player to injury or game ejection, so now they're having to concentrate on the lower body. The game is fast, people changing angles at split seconds injuries are bound to happen. I'm surprised more injuries like this haven't happened.

Reactions: Knightlife77
Before i actually saw the play, i thought he may have been a victim of a cheap shot. Watching it now, KZ ran low and looked a like RB. Unusual for him unless he's lunging for the endzone, so i can see how some people are upset with Heupel's playcalling. It looked designed. That said, it couldve been one of our other backs. KZ has taken worse tbh. Freak play on a designed call.

Still don’t understand why people want to blame Huep. That injury could happen to anybody on any play. Football is a physical and violent game. That is the reason why the rules have become very strict on blows to the head. Neck and head injuries are far worse than leg injuries. Paralysis is the worse possible outcome, but you also have that “disease” that inflicts players that take many blows to the head. Can’t remember what they call it and don’t feel like looking it up. The tackle didn’t look intentional to me in what was a mass of bodies all converging to the same spot.

Reactions: Crazyhole
The hit(s) by Wilkins, #23, were both intentional and dirty to our QBs knees. Yes, I said both...look at the tape as it doesn't lie. Wilkins launched himself at the knees of KZ and D. Mack. The damage was done to KZ's leg prior to the other Bull defender rolling over the back of him. Wilkins launches himself with helmet and shoulder at KZ's knees...he didn't fall into KZ on accident as some have stated here. He shed the block by Nixon and squared up to him with 3 yards separation between him and KZ thus making the decision to launch into his knees. If that wasn't bad enough Wilkins tried the same thing (taking out the QBs knees) on D. Mack at 12:20 mark in the 4th quarter on 3rd and 14. This time he was the one who took the damage as he was concussed. Fortunately, Mack besides having oak trees for legs, was able to get his cleats off the ground, thus when Wilkins chopped his knees, Mack was able to lift his cleats/legs off of the turf. You've seen the tape on the KZ hit...now watch the dirty hit on Mack at 12:20 of the 4rth quarter, near the Bulls sideline....by the same PoS. Spare me the speeches on "its a contact sport and these things happen" and this is "because of the headshot/targeting rules". In both cases our QBs presented the target zone between upper thigh and chest.....you are taught this from PeeWee football. Wilkins had time/space to make the right decision and opted to target the knees....and finally, yes I have played Football and have the surgical scars on my right knee to show for it.

Reactions: heat4410
The hit(s) by Wilkins, #23, were both intentional and dirty to our QBs knees. Yes, I said both...look at the tape as it doesn't lie. Wilkins launched himself at the knees of KZ and D. Mack. The damage was done to KZ's leg prior to the other Bull defender rolling over the back of him. Wilkins launches himself with helmet and shoulder at KZ's knees...he didn't fall into KZ on accident as some have stated here. He shed the block by Nixon and squared up to him with 3 yards separation between him and KZ thus making the decision to launch into his knees. If that wasn't bad enough Wilkins tried the same thing (taking out the QBs knees) on D. Mack at 12:20 mark in the 4th quarter on 3rd and 14. This time he was the one who took the damage as he was concussed. Fortunately, Mack besides having oak trees for legs, was able to get his cleats off the ground, thus when Wilkins chopped his knees, Mack was able to lift his cleats/legs off of the turf. You've seen the tape on the KZ hit...now watch the dirty hit on Mack at 12:20 of the 4rth quarter, near the Bulls sideline....by the same PoS. Spare me the speeches on "its a contact sport and these things happen" and this is "because of the headshot/targeting rules". In both cases our QBs presented the target zone between upper thigh and chest.....you are taught this from PeeWee football. Wilkins had time/space to make the right decision and opted to target the knees....and finally, yes I have played Football and have the surgical scars on my right knee to show for it.
Yeah I thought it was clear he dove at MM knees. I missed the play later where he dives at Mack’s knee. Considering he also flexed I feel like they were on purpose

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT