ADVERTISEMENT

Canada’s Election

If it takes you 3-4 weeks to vote, you don't care. Maybe offer voting with fortnite to keep the depressed happy.
11 states do not allow early voting or absentee voting without a verified excuse. The other 39 states have various forms of early voting. Yes, Florida is a state where it is now easier to vote early. It wasn’t that way until very recently. We are trending in the right direction, but not fully there yet.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
11 states do not allow early voting or absentee voting without a verified excuse. The other 39 states have various forms of early voting. Yes, Florida is a state where it is now easier to vote early. It wasn’t that way until very recently. We are trending in the right direction, but not fully there yet.
Every State should have at least 3 full weekends of Early Voting and make Election Day a Holiday or move it to Sunday like a lot of countries in Latin America do which have higher % turnout

I've never gotten how making it easier to vote became a partisan issue, most of the arguments against it are in bad faith

Every State should have at least 3 full weekends of Early Voting and make Election Day a Holiday or move it to Sunday like a lot of countries in Latin America do which have higher % turnout

I've never gotten how making it easier to vote became a partisan issue, most of the arguments against it are in bad faith

When more people vote, a certain party does better.

Your view of everything is literally at an elementary level. Whatever makes you laugh though.
Obama 2008: I have decided that Biden is the most qualified person in the country to be president if I can't do it

Obama 2019: whoever wins the primary is the most qualified person to be president.

Obama 2008: I have decided that Biden is the most qualified person in the country to be president if I can't do it

Obama 2019: whoever wins the primary is the most qualified person to be president.
no no no, i just have an elementary level sense of humor. you dont get it it. also completely forget about that last time we held a primary where we rigged it against the will of our members.

How are your strategic/critical thinking levels so low?

You realize this is a direct response to the 2016 election in when Dem's cannibalized each other? Every since then - major political forces won't endorse until a candidate has been decided.

How are your strategic/critical thinking levels so low?

You realize this is a direct response to the 2016 election in when Dem's cannibalized each other? Every since then - major political forces won't endorse until a candidate has been decided.

Lol, this isn't about strategic/critical thinking skills. It's about the irony of Obama being able to unilaterally choose the most qualified person for the job in the not-so-distant past, and now he has to rely on the party to make his decision for him.

Reactions: UCFWayne

I have no idea why that is so hard. If you gave those opportunities for voting we wouldn't have nearly the absentee ballots etc to deal with.

Lol, this isn't about strategic/critical thinking skills. It's about the irony of Obama being able to unilaterally choose the most qualified person for the job in the not-so-distant past, and now he has to rely on the party to make his decision for him.
You don’t seriously think that Obama chose Biden for his VP, do you?

a former FL Congressman had his absentee vote thrown out on claims of a false signature match during the 2018 Gov race

You don’t seriously think that Obama chose Biden for his VP, do you?
This sk8-Wayne-Crazy discussion is one of the most bizarre I've read here. (Yes, that's saying something.)

The Right-wing notion that Obama didn't choose his running mate is right up there with the one that Obama was actually born in Kenya.

And the difference between 2008 and now is Grand Canyon-wide. Obama was the DNC Primary victor in 08 and responsible for picking a running mate. Today he understands he's a former President, not a King who can raise his scepter and issue a royal decree regarding who should be our next President. It's up to the American people to decide which Democrat candidate beats Trump.

Biden was 64 when chosen as VP. He will be 77 next year. Which means if he won he would be 82 at the end of a first term. I would be hesitant voting for someone at that advanced age (also Bernie Sanders). We have already seen what the early stages of dementia look like with the current president, and it’s not pretty.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
This sk8-Wayne-Crazy discussion is one of the most bizarre I've read here. (Yes, that's saying something.)

The Right-wing notion that Obama didn't choose his running mate is right up there with the one that Obama was actually born in Kenya.

And the difference between 2008 and now is Grand Canyon-wide. Obama was the DNC Primary victor in 08 and responsible for picking a running mate. Today he understands he's a former President, not a King who can raise his scepter and issue a royal decree regarding who should be our next President. It's up to the American people to decide which Democrat candidate beats Trump.
Here’s an article that might interest you about the Biden choice. Be honest, though, if Obama had his choice, a white establishment democrat with a history of racism and sexism wouldn’t have been his VP. He’d have picked someone a little more in line with his own values. But his advisory group, and the DNC major donors, lined up a bunch of people that they thought would court the part of the Democrat party that Obama couldn’t. I guess it worked.

https://www.google.com/amp/nymag.co...ick-biden-as-his-veep-in-the-first-place.html

Last edited:

Jesus Christ, do you really think John McCain handpicked Palin in 2008? No. Their campaigns pick VPs based upon tons of polling metrics and what they think they need in swing states

Your pathetic attempt to drag this into the “that’s racist!” column is insane, par for the course with you.

Trump 2016: I have decided that Pence is the most qualified person in the country to be president if I can't do it.

Trump 2019: Has anyone seen Pence? Someone go check with Mother.

Be honest, though, if Obama had his choice, a white establishment democrat with a history of racism and sexism wouldn’t have been his VP.
Jesus Christ, do you really think John McCain handpicked Palin in 2008? No. Their campaigns pick VPs based upon tons of polling metrics and what they think they need in swing states

So you'd have us all believe that the running mates of the party choice is picked...by a campaign committee vote? :flushed:

Listen, I have absolutely no doubt that HUGE numbers of campaign staffers are involved in vetting and putting together the list of possible Veep candidates and the strengths & weaknesses they bring to the ticket. But in the end, it wasn't Obama who made the final decision to choose Biden? McCain wasn't the one who choose Palin? GWB wasn't the guy who tabbed Dick Cheney?

COME ON, guys. Get real.

Reactions: Crazyhole
Biden was 64 when chosen as VP. He will be 77 next year. Which means if he won he would be 82 at the end of a first term. I would be hesitant voting for someone at that advanced age (also Bernie Sanders). We have already seen what the early stages of dementia look like with the current president, and it’s not pretty.

Okie doke. So Obama won't endorse biden if he wins the democrat nomination?

Trump 2016: I have decided that Pence is the most qualified person in the country to be president if I can't do it.

Trump 2019: Has anyone seen Pence? Someone go check with Mother.
That's a good VP.

So you'd have us all believe that the running mates of the party choice is picked...by a campaign committee vote? :flushed:

Listen, I have absolutely no doubt that HUGE numbers of campaign staffers are involved in vetting and putting together the list of possible Veep candidates and the strengths & weaknesses they bring to the ticket. But in the end, it wasn't Obama who made the final decision to choose Biden? McCain wasn't the one who choose Palin? GWB wasn't the guy who tabbed Dick Cheney?

COME ON, guys. Get real.
Do you know what makes a good argument? Ignore the answer to the question you asked and then ask the same question again with more incredulity. It’s especially effective if you use emphasis, such as ALL CAPS and italics.

Do you know what makes a good argument? Ignore the answer to the question you asked and then ask the same question again with more incredulity. It’s especially effective if you use emphasis, such as ALL CAPS and italics.

[roll]

You just captured Shookster perfectly. It’s like he has his own “Ignorance for Dummies” guide that he reads from daily

This has become a bizarre discussion. Yes, Obama picked Biden. Yes, the party staffers did a ton of research into who would be the most beneficial running mate and made recommendations. These things aren't polar opposites, they are both true at the same time. The only instance I can think of where this is not true is bush asking Cheney to pick his running mate and he came back with himself. That was a weird deal that made no sense.

This has become a bizarre discussion.
Keep in mind this 'bizarre' discussion came about because we were told by sk8 that OF COURSE Obama didn't pick Biden and 85 opined that OF COURSE McCain didn't pick Palin.

To imply that Obama and McCain didn't actually make their Veep picks because of the number of campaign staffers involved is ridiculous. I hired many people over the years and involved many staff in the interview process. But ultimately, I made the final decision. The same is true with every major party nominee charged with picking a running mate.

Keep in mind this 'bizarre' discussion came about because we were told by sk8 that OF COURSE Obama didn't pick Biden and 85 opined that OF COURSE McCain didn't pick Palin.

To imply that Obama and McCain didn't actually make their Veep picks because of the number of campaign staffers involved is ridiculous. I hired many people over the years and involved many staff in the interview process. But ultimately, I made the final decision. The same is true with every major party nominee charged with picking a running mate.
You see conspiracy theories and power brokers everywhere but you think an unproven one term senator from Chicago that didn’t come from the DNC establishment had his pick of VP from everyone. You’re also going to tell me that, even though Obama’s politics are vastly different than Biden’s, he freely picked creepy uncle Joe.

Look at the others who were proposed to be VP. They were all the exact opposite of Obama. He did not do that on purpose. He was forced into it.

You see conspiracy theories and power brokers everywhere but you think an unproven one term senator from Chicago that didn’t come from the DNC establishment had his pick of VP from everyone. You’re also going to tell me that, even though Obama’s politics are vastly different than Biden’s, he freely picked creepy uncle Joe.

Look at the others who were proposed to be VP. They were all the exact opposite of Obama. He did not do that on purpose. He was forced into it.
You're acting like Obama was some sort of Manchurian candidate. He was a very calculating politician and saw the benefits of choosing Biden from an electoral standpoint. McCain did the same thing.

Also, lol at the RNC making the call to have Palin be McCains running mate. McCain needed a woman to be his VP for one reason only: to counteract the fact that Obama is black. The RNC would have picked a more established party member like Kay Orr if they had their way.

...you think an unproven one term senator from Chicago that didn’t come from the DNC establishment had his pick of VP from everyone.
Yes.
You’re also going to tell me that, even though Obama’s politics are vastly different than Biden’s, he freely picked creepy uncle Joe.
Yes. Biden had strong labor connections in the key Rust Belt States Hillary lost in 2016.
Even though Obama beat the DNC's establishment candidate (Hillary Clinton) he wasn't able to choose his own Veep? He was 'forced' into the DNC making his Veep pick for him???!? Wow, I never realized Obama was such a wuss! :)
You see conspiracy theories and power brokers everywhere...
Isn't that YOUR deal? In fact, isn't that exactly what you've done here?

You're acting like Obama was some sort of Manchurian candidate. He was a very calculating politician and saw the benefits of choosing Biden from an electoral standpoint. McCain did the same thing.
Not a Manchurian Candidate but I believe his advisors had an extreme amount of influence. It’s why when he spoke off the cuff, his message diverged so greatly from his speeches. It’s also why you saw so many people come out on the defense side and say they tried to keep him out of decisions. I also think you’d have heard a lot more if you had a media that was one iota as interested in negative Obama angles as they are about Trump.

I’m also a bit jaded by growing up with politically active progressive parents in Chicago and doing business with DC. Many of the people we see on TV aren’t the people we think they are. Many of them are singularly motivated by the people giving them money to stay in power. Especially those from Chicago. Obama came out of that machine and nothing changed throughout his Presidency. You see the patterns of power and when you see a phenom that doesn’t ever really accomplish anything in his elected offices vault all the way up to POTUS, it makes you wonder.

Yes.Yes. Biden had strong labor connections in the key Rust Belt States Hillary lost in 2016.Even though Obama beat the DNC's establishment candidate (Hillary Clinton) he wasn't able to choose his own Veep? He was 'forced' into the DNC making his Veep pick for him???!? Wow, I never realized Obama was such a wuss! :)Isn't that YOUR deal? In fact, isn't that exactly what you've done here?
Dude, you’ve been peddling conspiracy theory after conspiracy theory since the day after you started posting on this board. The only thing more reliable than your constant rantings about the latest conspiracy du jour is your absolute lack of self-awareness.

The irony here is priceless. :)
Yes, it is. It’s my one conspiracy theory. I feel that Obama was a figurehead. I don’t really give a shit though. He had a chance to be the Great Uniter and instead tore us apart. It’s disappointing but it doesn’t really affect my life. This is the last you’ll hear of my pet theory about Obama because it just doesn’t matter.

But if you think that politicians aren’t motivated by the people that give them money, then you’re either lying or oblivious.

you just summarized every single post by shookster.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT