ADVERTISEMENT

Canon coming back?

I remember the cannons so well! It was such an exciting part of the game! I too for years have wanted to bring them back! I was just having a conversation about them :cool:

Reactions: muckdawg24
Best part of the cannon in the Citrus Bowl was when UCF scored in the end zone where the cannon was, watching the opposing defensive players nearly jump out of their skin the first time it went off.

I've covered the ears of many babies/toddlers for visiting out of town friends when the first cannon fire of the day went off. They took it from there.

Hot take: this doesn’t match the brand UCF has built recently. You think Oklahoma or a school like Texas Tech

a new lighting system is desperately needed for night games

Reactions: U C to the F
Hot take: this doesn’t match the brand UCF has built recently. You think Oklahoma or a school like Texas Tech

a new lighting system is desperately needed for night games
Hate to agree with this take although I was initially pro-cannon when I heard this news. But truly I will wait until the season starts to see how it's implemented but yeah this is a bit off of the brand.

A) I strongly think/maybe even still expect a more darker knight/black horse combo heading into the B12 (especially if we are going for the medieval cannons vibe again), and if we go for that then yeah I could understand the cannon theming.

B) But if not, then idk...I do agree with cannons being more for military universities and pirate-theme schools + I don't think the cannon additions fit quite well with our interior stadium-look (very metal/steel looking interior vs cannon fitting more of a traditional, brick interior layout).

I would like something new coming into the B12 so I do think this can still be cool addition if implement well but keywords are implemented well.

I forget most fans don’t know what having the canon was like since it’s been over a decade. I think it will fit great but I say give it a test run and go from there.

I tend to hate when things are called a tradition when it’s new. If it works, it will become a tradition. Some things are best tried, refined, adopted, or quickly forgotten.

I forget most fans don’t know what having the canon was like since it’s been over a decade. I think it will fit great but I say give it a test run and go from there.

I tend to hate when things are called a tradition when it’s new. If it works, it will become a tradition. Some things are best tried, refined, adopted, or quickly forgotten.
Fun fact, UsF also has a canon. Its just that they never score and use it

Best part of the cannon in the Citrus Bowl was when UCF scored in the end zone where the cannon was, watching the opposing defensive players nearly jump out of their skin the first time it went off.

I've covered the ears of many babies/toddlers for visiting out of town friends when the first cannon fire of the day went off. They took it from there.
hells yes

Hard to compare shade and lighting which will cost millions of dollars compared to a canon that the ROTC most likely already had and practiced with.

I'm looking forward to it.

Fun fact, UsF also has a canon. Its just that they never score and use it
Fun fact #2 about UsF - they also have a Pirate Ship in their stadium because cows were some of the animals pirates stole from ships. To quote the great Coach Jeff Scott (USF's 5th most winningest head coach), "The Pirate ship symbolizes USF's way of life and their troubled past."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT