ADVERTISEMENT

CBS Inside College Football: Big12 should add UCF

Jerry-Maguire-show-me-the-money-1024x799.jpg

But they don’t carry the market. Never have, never will. Tampa generally does not care about USF football. The same cannot be said about UCF and Orlando.

USF isn't needed as a "partner" to join anything, and back when they were, UCF wasn't. I've always thought a joint thing was nonsense. 1 would carry the other's area. Right now, UCF is the only one needed and Big 12 in Orlando would get a fair set of eyes in Tampa. Same could be said if we were left behind. We need to realize that right now, we're the hot property and there is no reason in Hell we should tie ourselves to a dog. I really wish people would stop linking us to usf- WE DON'T NEED TRAINING WHEELS!

USF isn't needed as a "partner" to join anything, and back when they were, UCF wasn't. I've always thought a joint thing was nonsense. 1 would carry the other's area. Right now, UCF is the only one needed and Big 12 in Orlando would get a fair set of eyes in Tampa. Same could be said if we were left behind. We need to realize that right now, we're the hot property and there is no reason in Hell we should tie ourselves to a dog. I really wish people would stop linking us to usf- WE DON'T NEED TRAINING WHEELS!
It would be the ultimate Genshaft if we got an invite and they got left behind

But they don’t carry the market. Never have, never will. Tampa generally does not care about USF football. The same cannot be said about UCF and Orlando.

I thought they had good crowds when they were in the big east. Maybe I'm wrong. And did they carry the Orlando market when they were in the big east?

I thought they had good crowds when they were in the big east. Maybe I'm wrong. And did they carry the Orlando market when they were in the big east?

They as a few good crowds for 1 year, but now can’t even draw 25,000 fans consistently. Those fans are never coming back. They’re own students don’t even want an on campus stadium for the school.

Tampa has always been Gator country. Orlando was too, but has slowly embraced UCF. Honestly, I think we would have a larger market share of Tampa than USF at this point.

They as a few good crowds for 1 year, but now can’t even draw 25,000 fans consistently. Those fans are never coming back. They’re own students don’t even want an on campus stadium for the school.

Tampa has always been Gator country. Orlando was too, but has slowly embraced UCF. Honestly, I think we would have a larger market share of Tampa than USF at this point.

The support USF got for a few games was a fad. Much like the pet rock craze of the 70's.

The Big Twelve should've picked up UCF last year along with another team but not necessarily USF. I think the B1G will eventually move on Oklahoma and KU. The Big Twelve would be smart to be proactive and strengthen their conference now and not let it be in danger of crumbling.

Reactions: knightraveler
The Big Twelve should've picked up UCF last year along with another team but not necessarily USF. I think the B1G will eventually move on Oklahoma and KU. The Big Twelve would be smart to be proactive and strengthen their conference now and not let it be in danger of crumbling.
I just don’t believe they can overcome their own greed to allow this to happen.

The presidents of the conference are too short-sighted.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT