ADVERTISEMENT

CFP is a joke

It's a complete joke - a blatant good 'ol boys club. Well, even more motivation for Coach Frost and the good guys to beat the cows on Friday, crush Memphis again, and curb stomp a privileged P5 team in a NY6 bowl game. SMH.

Reactions: adamucf
It's a complete joke - a blatant good 'ol boys club. Well, even more motivation for Coach Frost and the good guys to beat the cows on Friday, crush Memphis again, and curb stomp a privileged P5 team in a NY6 bowl game. SMH.

You think Scott coaches the bowl game? Dont know why UCF would want him too.

Reactions: FrostTroll
Well to defend miss state, they had a great win last week! (Sarcasm)
They defeated Arkansas... 28-21? What?! Actually, miss state needed to scored 14 points to tie and get the lead, all in the last 4 minutes. They beat a 4-7 Arkansas garbage team!!! Arkansas has a 1 point win over ol miss and coastal Carolina. But somehow that is more impressive then UCF this past week??
Wow! CFP is truly a joke!!

Reactions: ucfjosh2000
Arkansas is solid they have that stud running back McFadden or something or other.

They kept usf out of the top 25 so that if we win this Friday, they can point to our record against top 25 teams next time around as a reason to keep us low. See how this all works?

The CFP committee seem to have their favorites. Example last year they left Ohio State in the playoffs, and they did not even win the Big 10 conference. Looking at this year a 4 team playoff is not enough. I hope the Big 12 is left out. Maybe that will stir the pot for some changes. May even force them to expand back to 12 teams.:sunglasses:

This sort of corruption and bias is why they went to computer formulas for the BCS.
But the corrupt whiners didn't stop whining and so they got rid of the computers and we are left with this bovine scatology.

They kept usf out of the top 25 so that if we win this Friday, they can point to our record against top 25 teams next time around as a reason to keep us low. See how this all works?

They are ranked in the real polls that have been around for much longer than the corrupt CFP one.

This sort of corruption and bias is why they went to computer formulas for the BCS.
But the corrupt whiners didn't stop whining and so they got rid of the computers and we are left with this bovine scatology.
No this is better. Get the Clemson AD and the Ohio State AD in the same room and let them hash out which of the top 4 seeds their teams will get.

Reactions: SublimeKnight
The CFP committee seem to have their favorites. Example last year they left Ohio State in the playoffs, and they did not even win the Big 10 conference. Looking at this year a 4 team playoff is not enough. I hope the Big 12 is left out. Maybe that will stir the pot for some changes. May even force them to expand back to 12 teams.:sunglasses:
It would be hard for the Big 12 to be left out with how horrible the Pac 12 has been. It would take an Independent like Notre Dame but they got blasted by Miami. it isnt impossible for the Big 12 to be left out but not very likely.

It would be hard for the Big 12 to be left out with how horrible the Pac 12 has been. It would take an Independent like Notre Dame but they got blasted by Miami. it isnt impossible for the Big 12 to be left out but not very likely.

Big 12 may wind up with 2 loss champ. Same as Big 10. Hell, if Clemson loses to SCAR, they might have 4 two loss conference champs and a 2 loss ND.

Actually, if Auburn wins out, it might be 5 two loss conference champs and Notre Dame.

Big 12 may wind up with 2 loss champ. Same as Big 10. Hell, if Clemson loses to SCAR, they might have 4 two loss conference champs and a 2 loss ND.

Actually, if Auburn wins out, it might be 5 two loss conference champs and Notre Dame.
Ive been for an 8 team playoff since the beginning, places a priority on winning your conference. But the talking heads use the excuse well then we could potentially get a 3 or 4 loss conference champ in the playoffs. To that i say so friggin be it, win your conference (p5's) there are 5 power 5 conferences 5 bids leaves 1 for the highest ranked G5 conference champ and 2 at large for deserving other g5's or Indys

Ive been for an 8 team playoff since the beginning, places a priority on winning your conference. But the talking heads use the excuse well then we could potentially get a 3 or 4 loss conference champ in the playoffs. To that i say so friggin be it, win your conference (p5's) there are 5 power 5 conferences 5 bids leaves 1 for the highest ranked G5 conference champ and 2 at large for deserving other g5's or Indys

Exactly what I think it should be. Was talking with some people about it today. The only committee they need is at the end of the year to select the 2 at large and G5 champ.

Exactly what I think it should be. Was talking with some people about it today. The only committee they need is at the end of the year to select the 2 at large and G5 champ.
I was really really hoping to see 2 maybe even 3 p5's left out this year if Georgia could have played better and alabama got in from sec then Notre Dame and then ACC winner Miami or Clemson. That would have forced the CFP to expand to 8, i am 100% against getting any bigger than that though.

AL has a terrible schedule mathematically this year. MSU ranking seems more like protecting AL in case the lose to Auburn. To give them a shot as 2nd SEC.

Reactions: KMF-UCF
The biggest Bulls fans this Friday will be the College Football Playoff Committee

They are tired of answering questions about that Program in Orlando that wasn't playing Football in the 1950s.

For the greater good UCF needs to finish this season undefeated, maybe Anti Trust talks will finally start up.

When need to get a few big shots in Tallahassee putting some pressure on this committee. It's worked for other schools in the past.

When need to get a few big shots in Tallahassee putting some pressure on this committee. It's worked for other schools in the past.
Hey maybe we can send them a gift basket full of oranges. That's been done before I just can't remember which AD did it??:sunglasses:

It is sad that a middle of the pack SEC team is considered better than an undefeated AAC team. It’s obvious they’re looking ahead too by not ranking USF and strategically placing other teams in spots to benefit conferences.

The biggest Bulls fans this Friday will be the College Football Playoff Committee

They are tired of answering questions about that Program in Orlando that wasn't playing Football in the 1950s.

For the greater good UCF needs to finish this season undefeated, maybe Anti Trust talks will finally start up.

Firstly this isnt an NCAA trophy, this is BIG $$ trophy plain and simple. Second it is a subjective contest, how can you possibly make any argument for anti-trust?

Firstly this isnt an NCAA trophy, this is BIG $$ trophy plain and simple. Second it is a subjective contest, how can you possibly make any argument for anti-trust?

So if a 2 loss team makes the playoffs and wins it all, we win out and then beat say the #5 ranked team will their be a split national championship? The committee proclaims said 2 loss team but the champion but the AP puts us at #1?

So if a 2 loss team makes the playoffs and wins it all, we win out and then beat say the #5 ranked team will their be a split national championship? The committee proclaims said 2 loss team but the champion but the AP puts us at #1?
Nebraska won a split national championship beating a #5 team so why not. Hell, UCF beat a #6 team in a BCS bowl a few years ago. Might want to double check that we didn’t get a split.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
No, but they might move us up to #14

Reactions: adamucf

Nebraska won a split national championship beating a #5 team so why not. Hell, UCF beat a #6 team in a BCS bowl a few years ago. Might want to double check that we didn’t get a split.

I love how you people Use AP and Coaches rankings then dog on them at the same time. Absolutely hilarious. UCF couldnt beat northwestern right now.

Reactions: Sultan__of__Swine
Last week, Mississippi State had already lost to Auburn, Georgia, and Alabama (and lost by a combined 74). UCF was #15, MSU was #16.

This week, MSU is #14, UCF #15. The reason given by the committee? Because they had played Auburn, Georgia, and Alabama.

Last edited:
Last week, Mississippi State had already lost to Auburn, Georgia, and Alabama (and lost by a combined 74). UCF was #15, MSU was #16.

This week, MSU is #14, UCF #15. The reason given by the committee? Because they had played Auburn, Georgia, and Alabama.
This stuff is bs but it is a distraction.

They are selling teams that they want and will come up with whatever reason they can. In some cases they will gladly point to the resume like bama. When they can' justify the resume they will make something up. You can't use logic because they aren't actually ranking the teams like that.

It's real easy. TCU beats Oklahoma.

This stuff is bs but it is a distraction.

They are selling teams that they want and will come up with whatever reason they can. In some cases they will gladly point to the resume like bama. When they can' justify the resume they will make something up. You can't use logic because they aren't actually ranking the teams like that.
I agree with you. But I'm still going to continue to poke holes in their logic, to writers I respect, until 1) one of those writers writes about it, or 2) someone comes in from the other direction with a lawsuit or something. It's the least I can do for my school, and TBH, it's also making me better at using Twitter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT