ADVERTISEMENT

CFP Ranking Predictions

ucfjosh2000

Silver Knight
Jan 29, 2003
Orlando, FL
I think we'll get into the 3rd group for discussion with West Virginia, Washington St, Ohio St, LSU, and Kentucky for the 7-9 spots. If the committee really looks close at it, I can see them putting an undefeated UCF team at #9, ahead of Ohio St (blowout loss to Purdue and close win at home vs a bad Nebraska team), 2-loss LSU (shutout and blowout loss at home to Bama and loss to Florida), and 2-loss Kentucky (blowout loss at home to Georgia, loss to Texas A&M).

1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Michigan
4. Notre Dame (good argument for Georgia)
5. Georgia
6. Oklahoma
7. Washington St
8. West Virginia
9. UCF (should really be at 7 or even 6)
10. Ohio St.
11. LSU
12. Kentucky

They had a two loss UF in front of us last week, why would LSU fall that far? They will be in front of us. Also, the Ohio State AD is on the committee, they'll be top ten. We might move to 11th, but I suspect we will have more than one 2 loss teams ahead of us.

Reactions: SublimeKnight
lol def not jumping LSU or tOSU. Even tho it would be hard to do worse against bama than scoring 0 points and 12 yards of rushing.

I think we will be around 10. Not super concerned about the other polls as they were adjusting to the CFP rankings (see Syracuse). It’s clear that most UCF opponents look stronger after this past week and that was the biggest knock last week.

We will be no higher than 11, and I anticipate even if we run the table no higher than 7 going into the bowl game. AND THAT IS OK. DW - GET US OUT OF THIS CONFERENCE! PLEASE............

Reactions: Mikesi
1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Michigan
4. Notre Dame
5. Georgia
6. Oklahoma
7. Wazzou
8. West Virginia
9. Ohio State
10. LSU
11. UCF
12. Kentucky
13. Syracuse
14. Miss State
15. NC State
16. Boston College
17. Fresno State
18. Iowa State
19-25. Your guess is as good as mine

The CFI committee will be tempted to put us at 10 because of Florida losing like they did and hurting both LSU and Kentucky, but they need to keep us outside the Top 10 this early. Especially with WVU left to play OU, Michigan left to play Ohio St and UGA left to play Bama. If UCF is 10 this week, they open themselves up for trouble down the line with a a few wacky upsets and ND losing. They need Syracuse up near us in case they beat ND too.

We were never making it to the CFI. At this point, for the team, it's just about working hard to win out, Conference Champs, and back to a NY6. For the rest of the nation (aside from the CFI talk) it's about the really wacky UCF/G5 topic living on, and just how weird does it really get?

1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. notre dame-Overated as hell but got the wins.
4. Michigan- looking great but will find a way to lose vs ohio state like usual
5. Georgia
6. Oklahoma
7. west virginia
8. Wash state
9. Ohio St.
10: LSU
11: UCF- beat cinci and you pass Lsu.

DW - GET US OUT OF THIS CONFERENCE! PLEASE..
I’m so done with the AAC.

UCF, Memphis, Houston, and Cincinnati belong in a P5 conference. That’s it. No USF
No SMU. Nobody else.

Regionally speaking, UCF belongs in the SEC or ACC

Cincinnati in the Big 10 or Big 12

Memphis and Houston belong in the Big 12

Reactions: KnightVision82
I’m so done with the AAC.

UCF, Memphis, Houston, and Cincinnati belong in a P5 conference. That’s it. No USF
No SMU. Nobody else.

Regionally speaking, UCF belongs in the SEC or ACC

Cincinnati in the Big 10 or Big 12

Memphis and Houston belong in the Big 12
SMU was a powerhouse before the death penalty. We’ve also played them in CCG. They could be good in Texas with P5 brand.

Reactions: thespiritof1976
Unfortunately, the next realignment is likely to be limited to Sec, B1G and PAC 12, absorbing the B12. That happens two years before the cfp contract ends. Then I think those three and ACC will break away from the rest of college football and only schedule each other and have their own playoff...won’t have to share any money with G5.

When the B12 dissolves, I predict it will go like this... Oklahoma and ok state to sec( they are now at 16) Kansas and kstate to B1G ( also at 16), Texas, ttech, Baylor, Tcu to pac12 ( also 16), this forced Notre Dame into ACC, ( 15 teams) and ACC picks UCF,UWV or UConn for 16th member. The four conferences then run their own 8 team playoff.

When the B12 dissolves, I predict it will go like this... Oklahoma and ok state to sec( they are now at 16) Kansas and kstate to B1G ( also at 16), Texas, ttech, Baylor, Tcu to pac12 ( also 16), this forced Notre Dame into ACC, ( 15 teams) and ACC picks UCF,UWV or UConn for 16th member. The four conferences then run their own 8 team playoff.
The SEC might prefer Kansas and K-State. Two easy football victories every year...over SEC opponents.

This would be my future 16-team American Athletic Conference then:

UCF
USF
Cincinnati
UCONN
Houston
Temple
Memphis
SMU
Tulane
Boise St
San Diego St
Utah St
Fresno St
Colorado St
BYU
FAU

We will move up one space to 11. We will not get any higher than that until we win a NY6 then they will put us high enough to make us think we accomplished something.

We will move up one space to 11. We will not get any higher than that until we win a NY6 then they will put us high enough to make us think we accomplished something.

I hope whoever we get in a NY6 bowl is motivated because the pre-game hype is going to focus VERY heavily on that. We tried last year with Killins giving Auburn "bulletin board material" that apparently wasn't enough.

I hope whoever we get in a NY6 bowl is motivated because the pre-game hype is going to focus VERY heavily on that. We tried last year with Killins giving Auburn "bulletin board material" that apparently wasn't enough.
We will make it very clear to them that they can’t use that excuse. Our players will call them out and hopefully our coaches insult their coaches and conference

1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. notre dame-Overated as hell but got the wins.
4. Michigan- looking great but will find a way to lose vs ohio state like usual
5. Georgia
6. Oklahoma
7. west virginia
8. Wash state
9. Ohio St.
10: LSU
11: UCF- beat cinci and you pass Lsu.
ND is overrated and Michigan is not how? UM has a weaker schedule, we beat them, quite handily I might add. We were up 21-0 at half and let off the gas in the second have and played extremely conservative because our former QB was turnover happy. We played Michigan without our best QB, without our best RB which we now have. Our other head to head NW Michigan had to come back from 20 down to squeak out a win by 3. ND was in control of that game from beginning to end. Sure UM is better now, but so are we. So again, how are we overrated? Who else would you have at #3?

You know you are good when you have Arkansas fans posing as Penn State fans arguing with Notre Dame fans on your message board.
Actually, never been on this board as you can see by the count. I was just bored and wonder if UCF fans believe they should be in the cfp hunt and ran across that post. You're a top 15 team so you're not bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: hemightbejeremy
Actually, never been on this board as you can see by the count. I was just bored and wonder if UCF fans believe they should be in the cfp hunt and ran across that post. You're a top 15 team so you're not bad.
Are you not a ND fan or do you not realize you replied to an Arkansas troll?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT