ADVERTISEMENT

CFP Ranking Predictions

Florida in prime position after getting blown out in back to back games to jump us if they can somehow rebound with a win over Idaho.

Reactions: Wings0fred
LSU at 7, what a joke. 7 is how many points their putrid offense will only score against us if we played. So overrated. I hope Ohio State but they should be ahead of them same for West Virginia. Kentucky sucks too and should'nt be ahead of us either.

Did some sort of human poll just come out. Oh those silly humans. Soon we will absorb them into the Colley Matrix. (sinister computer laugh)

Reactions: Mikesi
They're not putting us above #10 no matter what we do.

Yep. I tried to give the benefit of the doubt but when they said that "UCF has no wins over current teams with winning records as the main reason they were lower" then suddenly when UCF does have 3 and Ohio State has 1 with that metric while a two lose Kentucky is still in from of them.. there is no chance being above top 10

This week's ranking finished me off giving a sh*t. There is no hope this system gets better.

I literally just want to go 1 and 0 each week like the team. They have the right mantra. Keep the streak alive and I'll be very happy.

Reactions: Knight Strength
They had a two loss UF in front of us last week, why would LSU fall that far? They will be in front of us. Also, the Ohio State AD is on the committee, they'll be top ten. We might move to 11th, but I suspect we will have more than one 2 loss teams ahead of us.
Call me now! Get ya readin'
xFRHCTI.jpg

If we win out, including beating a P5 team in the New Years Bowl, we should immediately dial up Senator Rick Scott (who is familiar with our plight) and ask him to explore a potential anti trust investigation with the US Justice Dept.....this sham of a system needs some type of investigation/legal action.

Reactions: mattropolis
Kentucky is ahead of us and there’s no way we can jump ahead. They have Tennessee, Middle Tennessee State and Louisville left on their schedule. All wins.

That’s a 2 loss Kentucky is team that almost lost to Missouri and beat Vanderbilt 14-7.

They have wins over the Gators (big deal) and Mississippi State who has beaten nobody and will get blown out by Alabama this weekend

Kentucky is ahead of us and there’s no way we can jump ahead. They have Tennessee, Middle Tennessee State and Louisville left on their schedule. All wins.

That’s a 2 loss Kentucky is team that almost lost to Missouri and beat Vanderbilt 14-7.

They have wins over the Gators (big deal) and Mississippi State who has beaten nobody and will get blown out by Alabama this weekend

The only consolation in this scenario is if we take care of business, there is a strong chance we see them in the peach bowl, and I like UCF chances to absolutely destroy them.

Reactions: mattropolis
The only consolation in this scenario is if we take care of business, there is a strong chance we see them in the peach bowl, and I like UCF chances to absolutely destroy them.
I don’t think that the Peach Bowl would want us 2 years in a row. Possibly the Fiesta Bowl. If we stop their RB, they seem to be fairly ordinary.

A big IF. The defense needs to show something in the next few weeks.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
UCF vs Kentucky in the Fiesta Bowl would get low ratings. Kentucky is a basketball school with a fluky good year. Beating them wouldn’t be a statement game despite it being a NY6 bowl.

It’s such a shitty matchup that the projections might be right. It’s going to be hard to claim a football national title after a Kentucky win.

LSU at 7, what a joke. 7 is how many points their putrid offense will only score against us if we played. So overrated. I hope Ohio State but they should be ahead of them same for West Virginia. Kentucky sucks too and should'nt be ahead of us either.

LSU 37 UCF10.

UCF vs Kentucky in the Fiesta Bowl would get low ratings. Kentucky is a basketball school with a fluky good year. Beating them wouldn’t be a statement game despite it being a NY6 bowl.

I agree with you mostly. I would argue that as long as we make it there, and we're still undefeated, the game will get every College Football fan watching. Let's face it, every P5 fan will tune in to watch us lose. Every smart G5 fan, and fans of all the programs we beat in that timespan will tune in to watch us win.

If it's UK, UCF will be the main draw. An 'upstart' school with a chance to go undefeated over two years, banging on the door of the traditional powerhouses and ruffling feathers along the way, will be a decent topic for a marketing department to go with. This is why DW doing his thing has been so crucial.

So we probably got in the discussion for 7-9 with LSU, Washington St, West Virginia, Ohio St, and Kentucky and they ranked them:

7. LSU
8. WSU
9. West Virginia

Then we were in the discussion for 10-13 with OSU, Kentucky, Syracuse, NC St, Florida, Miss St, and Boston College and they went:

10. OSU
11. Kentucky
12. UCF
13. Syracuse

I'm sure some members wanted us at 10, just not enough. Hopefully we blowout Navy and OSU loses at Mich St and Kentucky loses at Tenn so we can get into the top 10 next week.

I have to think the other teams out there would be happy to be the team with a shot at us. Take down those annoying G5ers. They would get praise from all the land if they accomplished said feat.

Head of the Cartel Answer:

What he said

Q: I’m asking about UCF in terms of last week the strength of schedule was a knock, but how the committee viewed Thursday night’s Wednesday over Temple in relation to the eye test.

Mullens: Sure, great question. Obviously they have a powerful offense. McKenzie Milton continues to lead that powerful offense, but when you watched their game last week you could see the defensive struggles. They gave up nearly 700 yards to Temple. Again, that is a piece of it. Strong offense, struggling on defense.

What he meant:

Mullens: We can't begin actually analyzing the strengths and abilities of G5 teams. That would keep us from handpicking the prettiest princess so this week Defense is the reason. Stay tuned next week for new excuse.

Ridiculous. Syracuse is right behind us.
I don’t think that the Peach Bowl would want us 2 years in a row. Possibly the Fiesta Bowl. If we stop their RB, they seem to be fairly ordinary.

A big IF. The defense needs to show something in the next few weeks.
We traveled well. Kentucky would travel well. Why wouldn't you want a packed stadium. I think there is a different perception of NY6 Bowl games. If this were the Birmingham Bowl your point is 100% valid but this game has a lot more eyes on it, and regardless of what the pundits say, it means a lot. I don't think you'd find a single Kentucky fan that would be disappointed to be playing in a NY6 Bowl game.

UCF should start making a move up the rankings starting next week. We should win comfortably and if you look at the teams behind us and their losses, they won't be able to justify jumping us with any of them (other than Syracuse beating Clemson). The teams ahead of us are sure to start dropping more games, opening up the door for us to leap them.

Just take care of business and beat Navy soundly.

Reactions: Mikesi
I am at the point, I am more interested in just winning out, winning our NY6 game and claiming another national title. Can't you just see all the pundits and ESPN having to explain away TWO straight years of undefeated and TWO straights years of beating a Top 10 ranked P5 in a bowl game?

I am at the point, I am more interested in just winning out, winning our NY6 game and claiming another national title. Can't you just see all the pundits and ESPN having to explain away TWO straight years of undefeated and TWO straights years of beating a Top 10 ranked P5 in a bowl game?
Yes I can see it, and they'd be laughing while they did it.

ND is overrated and Michigan is not how? UM has a weaker schedule, we beat them, quite handily I might add. We were up 21-0 at half and let off the gas in the second have and played extremely conservative because our former QB was turnover happy. We played Michigan without our best QB, without our best RB which we now have. Our other head to head NW Michigan had to come back from 20 down to squeak out a win by 3. ND was in control of that game from beginning to end. Sure UM is better now, but so are we. So again, how are we overrated? Who else would you have at #3?

This is the same argument made by every fan of every team in the hunt. You can argue strength of schedule all day but when using the "eye test" beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Right now there is no way to truly know how teams would stack up against each other. At least you had a head to head which, in my opinion should win out over anything else, but in the CFP committee eyes they don't think it should matter. Just the "eye test" as to who is the best 4 teams.

Agreed, but I don't care about another NC claim. we have a legit one with Colley Martix and all. Unless we end up on the top of a recognized poll, no NC claim. To do so would cloud our current title. For example if Alabama goes undefeated all the way through, they will be on top of all polls and as such the NC. What we do now is all in the name of exposing the fraud that is the CFP. Because if you think of it, UCF has already achieved everything it can possible achieve. What is a other Fiesta Bowl Win?

giving ucf uk is a easy win for ucf.. ufc wants to be Iegit? pIay the Ioser of micihgan/ohio state

giving ucf uk is a easy win for ucf.. ufc wants to be Iegit? pIay the Ioser of micihgan/ohio state
Would really enjoy that. Either one of them, Georgia or Notre Dame.

Let’s stay away from West Virginia, Oklahoma and Texas

Kentucky is a Meh game. Not feeli LSU right now after their 2 losses.

Reactions: arkansas90
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT