ADVERTISEMENT

CFP rankings

A ranked USF definitely helps you. The problem is, if you aren't in a situation where you get a bowl tie-in, the bowls pick on market share. They have to figure out who will have the largest tv audience so they can sell commercial time. UCF simply doesn't have that market share yet.

On a national level we don't but locally they watch and put up good TV numbers. We don't have the national draw as some ahead of us but I don't think we are that different from a TCU or Oklahoma State.

Wrong. Go back to your board now

Wrong how? USF being ranked when/if you beat them absolutely helps you. Or are you saying market share doesn't play into bowl selection? I have several friends on Bowl Selection committees and I assure you that tv rankings, fan support (travel), and press coverage play heavily in the selection process.

On a national level we don't but locally they watch and put up good TV numbers. We don't have the national draw as some ahead of us but I don't think we are that different from a TCU or Oklahoma State.

Except that TCU and Oklahoma State have been winning longer than you so more people know who they are, and therefore are more likely to buy tickets or tune in to watch them play in a bowl game. You might put up good numbers in Orlando, but probably not in other markets. Please don't take this as disrespect to UCF. I love what you have going. I truly hope you keep building the program.

Keep in mind that the people I know outside of the state of Florida get UF, FSU, USF, UCF, etc confused all of the time. I know that sounds crazy, but it's true.

Wrong how? USF being ranked when/if you beat them absolutely helps you. Or are you saying market share doesn't play into bowl selection? I have several friends on Bowl Selection committees and I assure you that tv rankings, fan support (travel), and press coverage play heavily in the selection process.
TV doesn't affect who a Bowl chooses. They only care about selling tickets. ESPN cares about TV. That's it. The Bowls choose based on how well a fan base travels. We aren't beating a lot of top teams there either. Although we'd do pretty well in Peach or Orange. The others we'd not do as well as the teams we'd face. Lesser bowls we barely sell for.

Except that TCU and Oklahoma State have been winning longer than you so more people know who they are, and therefore are more likely to buy tickets or tune in to watch them play in a bowl game. You might put up good numbers in Orlando, but probably not in other markets. Please don't take this as disrespect to UCF. I love what you have going. I truly hope you keep building the program.

Outside of Texas nobody cares about TCU, even in Texas people don't care about TCU. They've won a national title in the 30's but were completely irrelevant for the next 70 years. If not for T. Boone Oklahoma State would be Kansas bad, they still aren't relavent outside of Stillwater. People aren't lining up to see them play or flipping the stations looking for them on TV. People aren't doing that with us either but we have a large market that draws a lot of eyes to the TV.

Outside of Texas nobody cares about TCU, even in Texas people don't care about TCU. They've won a national title in the 30's but were completely irrelevant for the next 70 years. If not for T. Boone Oklahoma State would be Kansas bad, they still aren't relavent outside of Stillwater. People aren't lining up to see them play or flipping the stations looking for them on TV. People aren't doing that with us either but we have a large market that draws a lot of eyes to the TV.

This ^^^^^^^^^

The truth is UCF is still not a national name, but we are light years ahead of where we were just 5 years ago. Since the Baylor game, when in UCF gear, people mention our team all the time in every city I go to around the country. That's not a brag. That's admitting we are novelty at this point. When you're winning and then they stop mentioning things to you, THEN you're a nationally respected name.

The truth is UCF is still not a national name, but we are light years ahead of where we were just 5 years ago. Since the Baylor game, when in UCF gear, people mention our team all the time in every city I go to around the country. That's not a brag. That's admitting we are novelty at this point. When you're winning and then they stop mentioning things to you, THEN you're a nationally respected name.
This girl that works for me is a bandwagon Bama fan and never heard of us. Didn't believe we beat them before. I'm sure she doesn't watch a lot of football but just to show you there are a lot of people that never heard of us or get us confused with the other 7 schools instate.

Will confirm that living in Houston Texas , it's UT, A&M, and everyone else.

On the flip side, almost nobody knows who UCF is outside of Baylor alums who I tease all the time....and yes I've heard us called the Bulls more than once.....but since my car's logo is a bull, I give them a pass.

Will confirm that living in Houston Texas , it's UT, A&M, and everyone else.

On the flip side, almost nobody knows who UCF is outside of Baylor alums who I tease all the time....and yes I've heard us called the Bulls more than once.....but since my car's logo is a bull, I give them a pass.
What is your car?

car-logos-history-and-origins-19461_20.jpg

I see more people wear either UT, OU, and TXA&M gear in Texas than TCU, Baylor, or SMU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT