ADVERTISEMENT

CFP selection committee chairman Kirby Hocutt said of UCF

UConn is the worst team in the AAC East and has 3 wins. Boston College and Missouri are both 7 win middle of the pack teams in their conferences. Put them up against 7 win Houston and the results may be different. Houston beat a mid tier PAC 12 team and lost by 3 to a mid tier Big 12 team this year.
not so fast....when they matched up their records were just about the same.
and thats the point. theyre both lower middle of the road teams. those wins bc and missouri got helped them out. it goes both ways. if uconn won, they could be going bowling.
Houston is actually considered a team that was competing in the West before they had a collapse.

Complete and utter bullshit. UCF has played 3 teams in the top 12 in the country in total offense, more than any other team. The held the #5 team to essentially 7 points. They held the #12 team to 17 points. They had a bad game against the #8 team. They have played 10 consecutive weeks with no bye.

What's worse is that our bowl ties-in are bullshit too. Nobody wants to play the AAC. We try to schedule G5 teams....they wont play us.

That said, if we are able to play some G5 teams and we win....I think the conference should file a antitrust grievance. Must break up this unfair money grab.

...and i wouldnt be surprised if the CFP is wondering why didnt UCF beat UConn worse than Missouri did? and BC beat them the same...so UCF doesnt move up higher.:rolleyes:

not so fast....when they matched up their records were just about the same.
and thats the point. theyre both lower middle of the road teams. those wins bc and missouri got helped them out. it goes both ways. if uconn won, they could be going bowling.
Houston is actually considered a team that was competing in the West before they had a collapse.
Change the result of both games and UConn is not bowling but Missouri and BC are. Houston was competing in the West in the sense that they were 2 games out with 2 to play, but not really in position to win the West after they lost head to head with Memphis in their 4th conference game.

What's worse is that our bowl ties-in are bullshit too. Nobody wants to play the AAC. We try to schedule G5 teams....they wont play us.

That said, if we are able to play some G5 teams and we win....I think the conference should file a antitrust grievance. Must break up this unfair money grab.
the only ones that usually will play the AAC have been locked in for generations like Navy vs Notre Dame, SMU vs TCU, ECU vs the mid atlantic ACC teams.
Too bad our games against South Carolina are sporadic. Hopefully Georgia Tech won't let Hurricane Irma think twice about playing us in the future.**

Kirby Hocutt was hired as AD by the Hurricanes in 2008, promptly granted Nevis Shapiro access to almost ruin their program, made a hiring disaster by bringing in Al Golden, then soon after realized he couldn't take the pressure ran like a coward to be Texas Tech's AD.

In other words he is the PERFECT kind of person to be running this sham committee.

Reactions: Nyght Shadow
Kirby Hocutt was hired as AD by the Hurricanes in 2008, promptly granted Nevis Shapiro access to almost ruin their program, made a hiring disaster by bringing in Al Golden, then soon after realized he couldn't take the pressure ran like a coward to be Texas Tech's AD.

In other words he is the PERFECT kind of person to be running this sham committee.
I think the committee vetting process consisted of everyone getting together and getting plowed at Applebee's.

Reactions: hemightbejeremy
Ahh Texas Tech, world renown for their stellar defense. And by stellar I mean absolute trash.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT