ADVERTISEMENT

CFP Top 25 11/7 still #18

I know some people think this is the reason Frost will leave, but I think it may be the reason he stays. He knows this program deserves more respect. Maybe he stats until we get it.

If we finish outside the Top 10, this team is going to boat race whoever they get in their bowl. No opponent will come in against UCF as focused and pissed off as our guys, including our coach.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
FWIW UCFs victory over Maryland was not only higher than Wisconsin's but it was also on the road. Wisconsin and Ohio State beat them badly on their home field.

TCUs 20 point win over SMU was at home. Our 7 point win was at SMU.

Sickening, and frankly cowardly and un-American!! The cfp committee has spread too much BS on the football field. I'll take the "real" time tested and proven polls (AP/Coaches) over the false narrative and agenda driven cfp polls. Funny how there is no AAC representation on the committee and the undefeated team with a very similar SOS to Wisconsin is 10 places behind them. What a joke, objectively reasonable people aren't fooled. This is what corruption looks like, no one on that committee has any integrity whatsoever.

UCF ranked 2 in Colley Matrix, 2 in Wolfe ratings and 3 in Anderson and Hester. These are 3 of the 6 computer rankings used in the old BCS system. Thank god they got rid of that.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
Sickening, and frankly cowardly and un-American!! The cfp committee has spread too much BS on the football field. I'll take the "real" time tested and proven polls (AP/Coaches) over the false narrative and agenda driven cfp polls. Funny how there is no AAC representation on the committee and the undefeated team with a very similar SOS to Wisconsin is 10 places behind them. What a joke, objectively reasonable people aren't fooled. This is what corruption looks like, no one on that committee has any integrity whatsoever.
Maybe this will help the antitrust lawsuit get filed faster than it otherwise would have

It’s hard not to be frustrated with this especially when this committee will never get asked the right questions. What I see from the rankings is beating bad NY6 contracted teams is better then beating good non contracted teams.

I know some people think this is the reason Frost will leave, but I think it may be the reason he stays. He knows this program deserves more respect. Maybe he stats until we get it.

If we finish outside the Top 10, this team is going to boat race whoever they get in their bowl. No opponent will come in against UCF as focused and pissed off as our guys, including our coach.

P5TeuEh.gif

Utah likely jumps us next week when they beat Washington State. If we beat UConn by 50 maybe we only drop to 20 or so.

...and then there's Tom Fornelli carrying Wisconsin's water on cbssports.com. What a jackwagon.

This is why we have to stop scheduling FCS all together and probably should only schedule P5 OOC. Even crappy P5 would look better to this committee. I don't care if we have to play all 4 on road.

What a bunch of bull$hit....so we get penalized based on the schedule we're given. Frost even said, going undefeated at this point, regardless of which league you're in is VERY difficult if not impossible. All I ask is an equal opportunity like everyone else. I know we still have a challenging games to go, but it feels like we're set up to fail regardless. Hopefully Frost can keep chins up and ready to play out the rest of the season.

This is why we have to stop scheduling FCS all together and probably should only schedule P5 OOC. Even crappy P5 would look better to this committee. I don't care if we have to play all 4 on road.

If it was that easy we would P5 schools don't want to do a 1 and 1 with us. Hopefully after another conference title and a New Years 6 win we get one of those early season showdown games like Boise got a few years ago. Go up to Atlanta and beat up an ACC or SEC team in it.

FWIW UCFs victory over Maryland was not only higher than Wisconsin's but it was also on the road. Wisconsin and Ohio State beat them badly on their home field.
Honestly though, I keep hearing this.
However, it's the transitional properties that don't apply.

The Maryland QB was rusty and thrown to the wolves against us.
He had more experience (beating Minnesota) and wouid have done better with a week of gameplanning and practice with the first team before playing against us He was more prepared for Wisconsin

Last edited:
All this whining. Yeah, we could be a little bit higher, but how much really?
Does it matter a lot?

We need to keep winning, because a loss is going to spell Armageddon on all 2018 rankings, Peach Bowl dreams, conference championship and possibly the USF game.

Aren't these all more important than bitching over a few spots in the CFP rankings?
Just keep winning and win big. So much complaining about the system
One loss and EVERYTHING IS GONE!

Reactions: Stetson_1883
If it was that easy we would P5 schools don't want to do a 1 and 1 with us.

Unfortunately you are right about the 1 and 1. But the reality is, UCF needs to play more P5 teams to get the recognition you deserve. FSU, UF, and Miami aren't likely to play you since they have nothing to gain by it. But, I bet there are some other SEC and ACC teams that would be willing to do so.

Does it matter a lot?

We need to keep winning, because a loss is going to spell Armageddon on all 2018 rankings, Peach Bowl dreams, conference championship and possibly the USF game.

Aren't these all more important than bitching over a few spots in the CFP rankings?
Just keep winning and win big. So much complaining about the system
One loss and EVERYTHING IS GONE!
We have no impact on the players winning games.
We can however have an impact on an entirely subjective voting process by thirteen biased P5 athletic directors and former coaches.

We have no impact on the players winning games.
We can however have an impact on an entirely subjective voting process by thirteen biased P5 athletic directors and former coaches.
Yes we do. We need to pack the stadium and cheer loudly.

We will have absolutely no impact in the process if we don't win EVERY game and win them big. Otherwise all involved will say that they told us so.
If we slip up, then UCF will be considered to be a mirage/fraud.

Frost needs to run up the score whenever possible, especially if we are beating USF. Style points count when humans are making the decisions in the polls. Frost needs to go against his instincts and run up the score unfortunately

Unfortunately you are right about the 1 and 1. But the reality is, UCF needs to play more P5 teams to get the recognition you deserve. FSU, UF, and Miami aren't likely to play you since they have nothing to gain by it. But, I bet there are some other SEC and ACC teams that would be willing to do so.

The ones who will play us, GT, Maryland, Pittsburg or UNC aren't your top teams so even beating them, like we did Maryland, won't get that much credit. We can get 1 off games like we did against Michigan or Texas where it was a 2 for 1 but we aren't getting a 1 on 1 with Ohio State or Alabama.

The ones who will play us, GT, Maryland, Pittsburg or UNC aren't your top teams so even beating them, like we did Maryland, won't get that much credit. We can get 1 off games like we did against Michigan or Texas where it was a 2 for 1 but we aren't getting a 1 on 1 with Ohio State or Alabama.
Doubt that we would get a 1 for 1 or 2 for 1 with Michigan or Texas anymore.
They simply won't come here. Penn State wouldn't. Best that we can do is get a road game and get the upset. A road win against a quality power 5 opponent equals instant eye opening recognition

Honestly though, I keep hearing this.
However, it's the transitional properties that don't apply.

The Maryland QB was rusty and thrown to the wolves against us.
He had more experience (beating Minnesota) and wouid have done better with a week of gameplanning and practice with the first team before playing against us He was more prepared for Wisconsin
I thought they did comparative wins against common opponents.

. This is where conference ooc games comes in. If the American goes undefeated especially against the P5 that would force them to be honest based on facts. At best we spoil the P5 rankings.

when your dead you don't know your dead. The only ones that feel pain are the ones around you. Much like being stupid. Think that sums up the committee pretty well.

Does it matter a lot?
Obviously, I agree with you about our need to keep winning. Without our doing this, everything we're discussing here is moot. But let's say we do win out.

This is why I, in particular, am "whining" (if what I've been reading on this board is accurate). Yes, I already know I have way too much time on my hands, and it has probably made me insane, but I probably was to begin with anyway, so whatever.
  1. With every passing week that the CFP holds us down, the less likely it is that we will finish in the top 10 of the CFP by bowl selection time.
  2. If we don't finish in the top 10, we will most likely be sent to the Fiesta Bowl instead of the Peach Bowl.
  3. I, for one, can afford to get my ass to Atlanta, and I will get my ass to Atlanta come hell or high water. I can drive there in 8 hours and sleep in my car if I have to. (I won't -- I already have a room reserved just in case -- but just stay with me here, because I'm rolling and it's not wise to sass someone who could very well be insane.)
  4. Phoenix? Unfortunately, I'm less confident that I can make that trip because now we're talking flights. Car rentals. I'm not rolling in $$ -- it is what it is, and I already blew all of my Southwest miles on my Christmas flight home.
  5. I am confident that we would represent extremely well at the Peach Bowl. The tailgates alone would be worth the trip. The gulch would be packed with UCF fans.
  6. I am not confident we would represent well at the Fiesta Bowl. Too expensive for many like me, mixed in with some random "been there, done that"'s from others who made the trip in 2014.
  7. This would bring out all those provincial P5 f***ers out there who would point to our turnout at the Fiesta Bowl as another reason "we're not worthy".
  8. I would personally have to hunt down and kill every one of these provincial people, go to prison, become somebody's bitch, and probably not be able to tune in to every UCF game in the future like I can now (unless it's on CBSSN, of course).
And this is why it matters to me. I already knew we'd be hosed out of any chance at the CFP -- a bunch of ancient P5 homers will never move the velvet rope for a G5, and it won't even matter if we go undefeated for 3 years running IMO because they will find a way to justify it because they prepared a long list of ready-made excuses when they formed the committee to begin with -- but now, these pricks are hosing us out of the Peach Bowl. And that pisses me off something fierce.

Now it's time to take my medication.

This is demonstrating that maybe an 8 team playoff still won't be big enough if these clowns can't see that an unbeaten Wisconsin and and unbeaten UCF should be pretty closely ranked based on their current resumes.

Reactions: Mikesi
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT