ADVERTISEMENT

Chip Kelly must be a Cowboys fan

Bob the Citronaut

GOL's Inner Circle
Gold Member
Aug 29, 2007
He literally has now signed 3 of the worst QBs available over the last 5 years. Add the passer ratings of the Eagles QB roster and it barely beats out Rodgers lol.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Chip Kelly could be using Tebow as a practice QB for camp...as he can take a ton of hits on running plays...helping his OL, RB and even his Defense.

Kelly runs a mostly "college" offense, including some read option runs, which Tebow did a lot of at UF...so let Tebow get banged up in camp...no harm, no foul.

Then if need be...cut Tebow come August when all the work is done...as the Eagles obviously did not give Tebow a guaranteed contract/large signing bonus.

He has 3 of the worst pro style qbs in the NFL. He doesnt necessarily run a pro-style offense.

Originally posted by Knight_Light:
Chip Kelly could be using Tebow as a practice QB for camp...as he can take a ton of hits on running plays...helping his OL, RB and even his Defense.

Kelly runs a mostly "college" offense, including some read option runs, which Tebow did a lot of at UF...so let Tebow get banged up in camp...no harm, no foul.

Then if need be...cut Tebow come August when all the work is done...as the Eagles obviously did not give Tebow a guaranteed contract/large signing bonus.
QBs, regardless of where they sit on the bench don't get hit much in NFL practices. This is Chip Kelly knowing he can't get Mariotta, knowing that Mark Sanchez sucks, and seeing his gimp QB in Sam Bradford is a stiff breeze away from another ACL.The latter of which he actually gave up a good draft pick for. Kelly has pulled off some of the strangest moves this offseason and objectively, no one can say any of them were for the better of the team.

This is the most bizarre signing that I've seen in a while. Tebow hasn't played in an NFL game since 2012!

Why the hell do the Eagles then sign a guy who already was a bad NFL QB who has also been sitting behind a broadcast desk for the past 2 years?

And why do this if you're Tebow? He has to know that he's going to go to camp and end up being cut before the season starts anyways. So why even put yourself in another embarrassing situation when you've got a pretty good job and potential to develop a broadcast career?

All we need is Spurrier back in Washington and we're set for 5-7 years. Kelly is bringing the Eagles down and Coughlin has lost it in NY.

I am looking forward to watching the Garrett legacy write itself.

Originally posted by USFSucks:
Hey Joe, I was sleeping, 6am flights give me early Sunday evenings.
37747511.jpg

Curious to hear your thoughts Sucks...

Also, this is potentially really good news for college football fans and the SEC Network/ESPN. Rumor has it that Greg McElroy will take over Tebow's spot. McElroy is a zillion times better than Tebow ever dreamed of being, at least from the limited time he's had in the saddle.

Originally posted by UCFKnight85:
This is the most bizarre signing that I've seen in a while. Tebow hasn't played in an NFL game since 2012!

Why the hell do the Eagles then sign a guy who already was a bad NFL QB who has also been sitting behind a broadcast desk for the past 2 years?

And why do this if you're Tebow? He has to know that he's going to go to camp and end up being cut before the season starts anyways. So why even put yourself in another embarrassing situation when you've got a pretty good job and potential to develop a broadcast career?
His broadcasting career was an embarrassing situation. I totally get your point though. He really should stay away from the camera and focus on being a motivational speaker, or a GA where he could eventually be a solid RB or OL coach.

He sucked on TV but he has a fanboy cult following that I'm sure was attractive to the SEC Network/ESPN.

Originally posted by UCFKnight85:

And why do this if you're Tebow?
Because if playing in the NFL Is your dream youre going to go after any chance you get. I can understand that.

And if you take the fact that hes Tim Tebow out of it - i actually thought he was good on TV for a newcomer. Genuinely insightful at times and was actually right about a lot of stuff. I can take that much much more than screaming heads who just want to hear themselves blabber on: Mel Kiper, Stephen A, Ray Lewis, Mark May, Rick Reilly just to name a few.

From a purely football respect he's another camp arm who, while awful, is still probably better than Matt Barkley. From an overall standpoint I don't get why you bring this distraction in, but whatever. I just look forward to him being cut

It's very simple: Chip has figured out what the rest of the country already knows. Philly is a dump and the people who live there are tornado-bait-trailer-camp trash. Might as well burn every bridge on your way out of town.

Chip is the smartest guy in the room and wants everyone to see it. I'm not a fan of the team so to be honest it's actually refreshing seeing someone who doesn't do what everyone else does. I'm just anxious to see how this turns out.

As far as Tebow on TV goes, I thought it was absolutely terrible and had to change the channel whenever he spoke. Would much prefer more McElroy and Marcus Spears.

Chip is trying moneyball in football is the only thing I can figure. Can find an elite QB get three bad ones to add up to a good one.

I love the move purely from a what the **** is going to happen perspective

Tebow winning looking like 110% garbage trying to pass was platinum television.

God damn I'm so glad that the Chip Kelly era only lasted 3 seasons.

Now, Philly is trying to push Carson out the door. Love it.

And lmao that boob the knight started this thread. Is he dead?
Nah, we aren't pushing him out the door, granted, I don't really love the Hurts selection.

Possibly, who knows what Howie is thinking, I just know I trust him with his plan.

I will put it differently: if Hurts is not playing or starting by next year, then it was an absolutely terrible pick and Howie should be fired.

I will put it differently: if Hurts is not playing or starting by next year, then it was an absolutely terrible pick and Howie should be fired.
The problem with that line of thinking is that you know Howie has Lurie's backing in making the pick, and that Lurie loves him like a son.

The problem with that line of thinking is that you know Howie has Lurie's backing in making the pick, and that Lurie loves him like a son.

Lol. Then there isn’t a problem with my line of thinking. There is a problem with owner and gm.

Lol. Then there isn’t a problem with my line of thinking. There is a problem with owner and gm.
Possibly, but they raised a Lombardi just 3 years ago, so I'm good with their line of thinking. Still the best Owner/GM setup in the NFC East

Possibly, but they raised a Lombardi just 3 years ago, so I'm good with their line of thinking. Still the best Owner/GM setup in the NFC East

lmao. The only thing that saved philly from having the worst draft this year was Green Bay.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT