ADVERTISEMENT

Cincinnati is an example why we need a staff to stay

Let's also remember than Like Fickell was 4-8 his first season at Cincinnati. We lost two close games due to a combination of fluke plays and a significant number of injuries...with (I admit) some questionable coaching decisions in the Navy game.

And at this point in recruiting we have a better class than any we have had over the last several years, so I expect to be significantly better by 2023.

They are quite lucky. Coaches don't just stay the way he has. I imagine he would leave for any "big time" job in that part of the country. OSU, Michigan, Penn State, ND, etc.

They are quite lucky. Coaches don't just stay the way he has. I imagine he would leave for any "big time" job in that part of the country. OSU, Michigan, Penn State, ND, etc.
Everyone has a price that would make them leave. Even us normal folk, we could be happy at work, but a great offer is a great offer. I think it would be very cool for Fickell to stay at UC and really make it something, just because it so rarely happens these days and I think he's done it right.

Reactions: Knight Strength
Cinci wasn't lucky as they were paying this G5 Coach $3.4 Million which is way more $$$ than UCF ever paid for a HC.

This immediately gave them stability as Fickell was easily able to turn down mid P5 jobs that barely offered more $$$ which kept him at Cinci.

Now with the move to Big 12 and Cinci on a run, I can see Cinci rushing to give him an extension/raise to the $4.5 Million level later this Fall.

Give it time. A lot of good mixed with missed opportunities. Mikey was a freshman QB who in his first start was staring down receivers. Receivers made some drops and big fumble on drive which could of sealed the game for us. A lot of tackling improvements needed. All in all this season shouldn’t be surprising. Looks like a possible Care Bowl season. The last time we were there lead to two great seasons.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT