ADVERTISEMENT

Cincy beats UCLA!

Problem is Temple, SMU, FAU, and UNC all crapped the bed. Cincy is the only team on our schedule with an FBS win at the moment.

Reactions: Knight Strength
Problem is Temple, SMU, FAU, and UNC all crapped the bed. Cincy is the only team on our schedule with an FBS win at the moment.
UNC only lost 24-17, on the road via 3 time zones with a QB that isn't their real starter (and threw 4 picks). They did alright.

UNC only lost 24-17, on the road via 3 time zones with a QB that isn't their real starter (and threw 4 picks). They did alright.
They were also down like 11 players. I thought that was supposed to be staggered a bit, so maybe the announcers had it wrong

They have a WR/KO returner that’s their best offensive player.

Add navy to the hot garbage heap.
Their starting QB from last year Abey is still on the team and scored 4 TDs, but he’s not starting. I think that their starter now Perry was either the WR who scored big on us or the guy Bam hit for that classic fumble. Not sure

Their starting QB from last year Abey is still on the team and scored 4 TDs, but he’s not starting. I think that their starter now Perry was either the WR who scored big on us or the guy Bam hit for that classic fumble. Not sure
I read before game they moved Abey to receiver but it seems they were alternating QBs. Not sure.

They move the ball but their defense looked horrible. It was bad last year too. They got into a hole and their style of offense can’t overcome that.

Reactions: Mikesi
They played us well.
Yeah we couldn’t get out to a 2 or 3 score lead. Missed a big opportunity to put some distance early when we failed on a 4th and 1 from the Navy 3 trying to go up 14-0 rather than 10-0. As it is we had nearly 500 yards and 7.3 yards per play so I wouldn’t say their defense played great. Their possession ball control offense kept our number of plays limited.

Reactions: Mikesi
Yeah we couldn’t get out to a 2 or 3 score lead. Missed a big opportunity to put some distance early when we failed on a 4th and 1 from the Navy 3 trying to go up 14-0 rather than 10-0. As it is we had nearly 500 yards and 7.3 yards per play so I wouldn’t say their defense played great. Their possession ball control offense kept our number of plays limited.
We need to get uo on them early this year. Like you stated, we failed in that regard last year and we suffered by letting them hang around. Doubt Hawaii has a better offense than us

Additionally, Navy’s best passing game last year was probably against us. The few completions hurt. I blame Chinander for that. There’s aggressively playing the triple option and then there’s overplaying it. They baited us.

Reactions: KnightLife1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT