ADVERTISEMENT

Clarification on NY6

Van Gogh's Starry Knight

Five-Star Recruit
Aug 16, 2001
Can someone please clarify NY6 tie in. Is it highest ranked P6 or AACCG winner who gets the shot? Reading conflicting info. Thanks. Go KNIGHTS #10HANA

Absolutely stupid that the G5 has to win the conference, and yet last year's loser Bama???? If the playoffs are a special thing, every member should be a conference winner or of course everyone's darling love child N. Dame

Absolutely stupid that the G5 has to win the conference, and yet last year's loser Bama???? If the playoffs are a special thing, every member should be a conference winner or of course everyone's darling love child N. Dame
and didnt Clemson lose to an even worse team in their conference and made the invitational too? they did. twice.

Reactions: Mikesi
Lets see what happens in 2019 when we beat potential Top 25 teams in Pittsburgh and Stanford,potential conference Top 25 teams in Temple, South Florida and Cincinatti. Thats 5 wins against top 25 teams - a mixture of conference and p5! When would it be ideal for us to lose and still be considered? Can we lose to Tulsa or Tulane on the road? How about one loss to Temple. Can we get the Clemson or Bama treatment? Or will they change the rules again.

USF in the top 25 is a funny thought. Their schedule is much tougher next year. They cant coast to 7-0 beating the worst teams in football by a touchdown in 2019.
Perhaps but my point is what would happen if we had 5 top 25 wins? We can ignore USF. How about UConn. Can we get the Clemson/Bama treatment and lose a game to a team with a .500 or worse record?

I hate to ask this question but I must:

Where would we go if we do lose to Memphis ?

Birmingham ?
Annapolis (Military bowl) ?
Liberty Bowl ?

Bama didn't even win their own DIVISION (let alone their conf) last season...but that was still good enough for them to get into the Playoff.

The "divide" that these P5/ESPN partners created is embarrassing....pathetic that a "G5" team has to just thru sooo many hoops (that a P5 doesn't have to do) just to get table scraps from this deal.

Reactions: sonnyt23

Remember, this is an invitational, not a playoff, so the Cartel can choose whoever they want....there is not set criteria for the P5

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
Well, good news is that it isn't played in St. Pete. It is now played at RJS. Better stadium. Better location. Still a shit payout. Still a shit matchup. It was great for us in 2009 and in 2012 but now ? No thank you.
Better location bc it’s surrounded by strip clubs? Close to the airport? I always thought the location of RJS sucked

Reactions: Mikesi
I hate to ask this question but I must:

Where would we go if we do lose to Memphis ?

Birmingham ?
Annapolis (Military bowl) ?
Liberty Bowl ?
As far as the Liberty Bowl, it’s the next best Bowl, but I don’t think it’s an option this year, but I can’t confirm that.

Hopefully at least somewhere warm or indoors, a decent opponent, and a cool city/area during the holidays?

Answer to all the above? Nowhere that’s affiliated with the AAC.

Last edited:
It would be unprecedented for sure but 3 of the bids are "at-large" so theoretically possible. Still unlikely since if we lose to Memphis, the Committee will think UCF isnt worthy (unless Memphis is a "quality loss").

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bids_to_college_bowl_games#2018_"New_Year's_Six"_bowl_games
Just thought about this. No chance. Especially without Milton. We just aren’t as much of a draw or something to see on TV on New Year’s if we lose this weekend

Lets see what happens in 2019 when we beat potential Top 25 teams in Pittsburgh and Stanford,potential conference Top 25 teams in Temple, South Florida and Cincinatti. Thats 5 wins against top 25 teams - a mixture of conference and p5! When would it be ideal for us to lose and still be considered? Can we lose to Tulsa or Tulane on the road? How about one loss to Temple. Can we get the Clemson or Bama treatment? Or will they change the rules again.

I mean, I like your optimism...but none of those teams are Top 25 teams this year. I'd be surprised if more than 1-2 are next year.

I mean, I like your optimism...but none of those teams are Top 25 teams this year. I'd be surprised if more than 1-2 are next year.
Probably like the Gators and subtract 1 FCS team Troll

LSU and Georgia

Your obsession with me and with bringing up random unrelated things is quite strange.

Imagine if the following scenario occurred that would have put us 4th and then we lose to Memphis without Milton. That would hurt

Texas beats Oklahoma. Possible

Alabama blows out or beats Georgia comfortably. Likely

Northwestern beats Ohio State. Unlikely, but not impossible.

I can already hear the CFI apologists after we make a strong run next season... “Stanford sucks this year(2019), why doesn’t UCF schedule P5 teams that are actually good?”

Better location bc it’s surrounded by strip clubs? Close to the airport? I always thought the location of RJS sucked
The strip clubs in Central part of state suck. In Orlando they wear pasties and Tampa you can’t drink. Yawn. I’ll take South Florida clubs all day.

we would never get that treatment, if we lose a game. regardless of who it is we are out of playoff consideration, heck even winning em requires outside help for us to be considered. Hate this system, and our only hope is expansion to 8

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT