ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton and associates had access to State Dept after she quit.

Clearly we need to spend several billion more to investigate Hillary and come up with absolutely nothing that sticks, while ignoring the dumpster fire of Trump and Russia.

Reactions: MACHater02
They were given security clearances to access classified and top secret information and they weren't even working for the government. They had access to all of this running up through the election.

What kind of clown show were Obama and the Dems running?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...s-to-state-defter-left-says-key-lawmaker.html
This is why the republicans are playing ball in the senate hearings on Russia. I would expect there are several of the Obama administration that will be caught up in this. On top that of that, people like Farkas, who was part of the Clinton campaign will get swept up as well.

Interesting. I wonder how many times people have left a clearance job and were allowed to retain clearance. It probably happens more than this one instance.

Interesting. I wonder how many times people have left a clearance job and were allowed to retain clearance. It probably happens more than this one instance.

Keeping the clearance I agree with, that can be transferred to other careers. Still having access to the State Dept's classified and Top Secret information? I can't see that as anything but abnormal. The conspiracy theorist in me assumes the Hillary campaign was privy to all the surveillance on the Trump campaign, which makes her loss even more mind boggling.

Reactions: Sir Galahad
Keeping the clearance I agree with, that can be transferred to other careers. Still having access to the State Dept's classified and Top Secret information? I can't see that as anything but abnormal. The conspiracy theorist in me assumes the Hillary campaign was privy to all the surveillance on the Trump campaign, which makes her loss even more mind boggling.
Hint: there was no domestic surveillance on the Trump campaign.

Carbob you have become a partisan hack just like Chuck Todd . It's now you that's a job stop spin machine .

I sort of agree with you. I think CBob is a slight left leaning centrist that likes the fight. He was almost as critical of Obummer as he is being of Trump.

If you leave the job that required the clearance and do not go directly to another job that sponsors the clearance you lose the clearance. Also, even if you maintain a clearance, just having a TS does not mean that you should still be cleared for the new information coming into the job you just left.

With that said, I guess it's possible they retained her as a consultant and kept her status as a cleared employee.

If you leave the job that required the clearance and do not go directly to another job that sponsors the clearance you lose the clearance. Also, even if you maintain a clearance, just having a TS does not mean that you should still be cleared for the new information coming into the job you just left.

With that said, I guess it's possible they retained her as a consultant and kept her status as a cleared employee.
I doubt that considering she was working for the Clinton campaign.

But doesn't it only go away after the annual review? Or is there some workflow where people changing jobs have their clearance reviewed?

But doesn't it only go away after the annual review? Or is there some workflow where people changing jobs have their clearance reviewed?

I had a clearance in my job when I first started, but I never worked on classified programs so the compliance department required I drop the clearance.

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/arti...ser-sought-names-of-trump-associates-in-intel

Nbd:

Top Obama Adviser Sought Names of Trump Associates in Intel

NATIONAL SECURITY
Top Obama Adviser Sought Names of Trump Associates in Intel
120x120.jpg

APRIL 3, 2017 10:13 AM EDT
Eli Lake
White House lawyers last month learned that the former national security adviser Susan Rice requested the identities of U.S. persons in raw intelligence reports on dozens of occasions that connect to the Donald Trump transition and campaign, according to U.S. officials familiar with the matter.

The pattern of Rice's requests was discovered in a National Security Council review of the government's policy on "unmasking" the identities of individuals in the U.S. who are not targets of electronic eavesdropping, but whose communications are collected incidentally. Normally those names are redacted from summaries of monitored conversations and appear in reports as something like "U.S. Person One."

Nunes Says Trump Team Caught in U.S. Surveillance Net
NUNES SAYS TRUMP TEAM CAUGHT IN U.S. SURVEILLANCE NET
The National Security Council's senior director for intelligence, Ezra Cohen-Watnick, was conducting the review, according to two U.S. officials who spoke with Bloomberg View on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss it publicly. In February Cohen-Watnick discovered Rice's multiple requests to unmask U.S. persons in intelligence reports that related to Trump transition activities. He brought this to the attention of the White House General Counsel's office, who reviewed more of Rice's requests and instructed him to end his own research into the unmasking policy.

The intelligence reports were summaries of monitored conversations -- primarily between foreign officials discussing the Trump transition, but also in some cases direct contact between members of the Trump team and monitored foreign officials. One U.S. official familiar with the reports said they contained valuable political information on the Trump transition such as whom the Trump team was meeting, the views of Trump associates on foreign policy matters and plans for the incoming administration.

Amazing. Democrats whine about Trump TALKING to Russians, and The Clintons, her campaign crony John Podesta, and God knows who else TOOK MONEY, GOT STOCK, AND WERE EARNING DIVIDENDS FROM RUSSIAN FUNDS. While they were working for the Federal Government.

And what talking was TRUMP doing? THERE IS NONE. All that exists is a fake news smear report so flimsy it was rejected by the MSM for publication during the campaign. THAT IS THE DEFINITION OF FLIMSY.

So, to Dimocrat Liberal scum, talking is FAR more serious than taking money. This is 2016 Hillary campaign redux, where Trump talking dirty is FAR more serious than Hillary's husband raping women.

As for Podesta "forgetting" about 75000 shares ... it is AMAZING how poor Democrat memories are ... when they are caught.

Granny Koff Koff couldn't remember jack when the FBI last talked to her. Something tells me she'll have a relapse if the FBI talks to her about Russians.

As for the sjw libtards It's okay, Pumpkins...You're understandably upset that your (($oro$))-funded Commiecrat Drivel Points are sliding into obscurity! You should just capitulate along with the now-humiliated CTR-Trolls and go back to Brock's BachaBazi bubblebath...

http://www.businessinsider.com/susan-rice-trump-unmask-intelligence-wiretap-2017-4

"National-security experts say Rice's reported requests to identify who was speaking with the foreign officials before Trump was inaugurated were neither unusual nor against the law — especially if, as Lake reported, the foreign officials being monitored were discussing "valuable political information" that required the identity of the people they were speaking to, or about, to be uncovered.

"The identities of US persons may be released under two circumstances: 1) the identity is needed to make sense of the intercept; 2) if a crime is involved in the conversation," said Robert Deitz, a former senior counselor to the CIA director and former general counsel at the National Security Agency."

"The national security adviser, or a member of his/her staff, or perhaps a morning intelligence briefer, would convey that request to the originating agency with an explanation of who wishes to know the identity and why," Slick said. "In my experience, legitimate requests are promptly granted, and less defensible requests (or requesters) are challenged."

Hayden largely echoed that assessment.

"The NSA is notoriously conservative in revealing US identities in its reporting," Hayden said. "Obviously, a request from the national security adviser to unmask an identity would be given great weight. That said, it is not automatic and goes through a carefully documented process at the NSA before an identity is unmasked."

Pillar said that "an important thing to remember is that we are dealing with foreign intelligence — intelligence on Russian activities — and indeed, Russian activities that strike close to the heart of our democratic processes.

"We should be disturbed if whoever was in office was not keeping close tabs on that sort of thing," he said.

http://www.businessinsider.com/susan-rice-trump-unmask-intelligence-wiretap-2017-4

"National-security experts say Rice's reported requests to identify who was speaking with the foreign officials before Trump was inaugurated were neither unusual nor against the law — especially if, as Lake reported, the foreign officials being monitored were discussing "valuable political information" that required the identity of the people they were speaking to, or about, to be uncovered.

"The identities of US persons may be released under two circumstances: 1) the identity is needed to make sense of the intercept; 2) if a crime is involved in the conversation," said Robert Deitz, a former senior counselor to the CIA director and former general counsel at the National Security Agency."

"The national security adviser, or a member of his/her staff, or perhaps a morning intelligence briefer, would convey that request to the originating agency with an explanation of who wishes to know the identity and why," Slick said. "In my experience, legitimate requests are promptly granted, and less defensible requests (or requesters) are challenged."

Hayden largely echoed that assessment.

"The NSA is notoriously conservative in revealing US identities in its reporting," Hayden said. "Obviously, a request from the national security adviser to unmask an identity would be given great weight. That said, it is not automatic and goes through a carefully documented process at the NSA before an identity is unmasked."

Pillar said that "an important thing to remember is that we are dealing with foreign intelligence — intelligence on Russian activities — and indeed, Russian activities that strike close to the heart of our democratic processes.

"We should be disturbed if whoever was in office was not keeping close tabs on that sort of thing," he said.

One thing that really bugs me about all of this is that we don't know who he talked to. We're told it was a person of interest to Intelligence. That means nothing; Putin is a person of interest to Intelligence but I would expect Trump to have spoken to him (or his intermediaries) during the transition plan development. If they're able to uncover the US person in the conversation, why not disclose the Russian one? My guess is that it would create a diplomatic issue because it is someone like the Russian ambassador or Minister of Foreign Affairs. But it would make this story go away and that's not how partisan politics are played.

Clearly we need to spend several billion more to investigate Hillary and come up with absolutely nothing that sticks, while ignoring the dumpster fire of Trump and Russia.

U mean all the evidence that still shows no signs of wrong doing.

Reactions: UCFWayne
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT